Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 4, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #8,521 of 42,765
So I guess my ***new*** question is, with the Mojo, what iem can I add for a more *punchy* sound. (se846 is not enough for me), any iems known for Engaging sound, CIEM are fine as well

(just tried the UE18 (ultimate Ears) with the Mojo and to me they were far inferior to the se846...

I'm starting to wonder if getting sensaphonic sleeves for se846 will sound more engaging with my mojo which I love so much (primarily to it being musical and non fatiguing)

I read all your comments.
Regarding you problem I have a few explains:
I'm currently running Mojo to K10. I could say that with well-mastered records, the sound is so real, I can close my eyes and feel like I'm in a small room with them there, I've never achieved anything like that before (My previous gears was Arrow4, stepdance, Glacier, Rxmk3b and ifi micro idsd)
Of course it cannot sound 3D and open as full size headphone but it's fine, even HD800 lost that battle to my 200$ speaker :).
There was more engaging and dynamic dac/amp (ifi micro idsd), but never so real and relaxed as Mojo. 
The only headphone I have that can achieve this life-like level without mojo is my LCD-2 (but that's not portable, right)
So I can say that the mojo is not for the fun or Prat sound type but it's a truly hi-end sound that hardly to have at this price point, I assured you :wink:

Regarding your se846, If you want an open ss and holographic sound in IEM, I suggest the SE5, is's said to be the most 3D IEM currently available. (For me the K10 has the perfect balance)
(sorry English is not my main language so maybe some mistakes)

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #8,522 of 42,765
So I guess my ***new*** question is, with the Mojo, what iem can I add for a more *punchy* sound. (se846 is not enough for me), any iems known for Engaging sound, CIEM are fine as well

I'm going to make a guess that the Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 is what you're looking for.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #8,524 of 42,765
Mine is in the mail on the way, I'm pretty excited.

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #8,525 of 42,765
I have a question about the noise via coax.
My DAP is cayin N5 and the coaxial cable is black dragon cable, bought together with mojo from moon audio.
My earphones are se535, inear sd4s, westone w40, IEMs of high sensitivity.
When I connect mojo to mac or other PCs via usb, it works well and there's no background noise.
However, when I connect it to cayin N5 via coax, I hear sharp and continous noise, not like the usual background noise but like the current sound.
Is it common or just my mojo's problem?

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #8,528 of 42,765
Just got my Mojo in and was hoping to listen to some Spotify via my note 4 but my phone isn't recognizing the Mojo (using a moon audio otg cable). I wen to post 3 and clicked on almost every link and the only thing that I can find is that I would have to pay $8 for an app to enable usb audio?

I know that I have used usb audio in the past with a cheap otg cable and it worked fine.

Sorry I know this has come up but couldn't figure it out.

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #8,529 of 42,765
Just got my Mojo in and was hoping to listen to some Spotify via my note 4 but my phone isn't recognizing the Mojo (using a moon audio otg cable). I wen to post 3 and clicked on almost every link and the only thing that I can find is that I would have to pay $8 for an app to enable usb audio?

I know that I have used usb audio in the past with a cheap otg cable and it worked fine.

Sorry I know this has come up but couldn't figure it out.

Can you try connecting your OTG cable the other way round (meaning swapping the phone end and the mojo end of the cable)? I know it sounds stupid but I had a similar issue which was solved by swapping the connection ends between my phone and the mojo.

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #8,530 of 42,765
and would also suggest you check out the DRM database, sort by highest DRM value and download the exact albums(master as well) as the ones listed:frowning2:just pick whatever appeals to you).

http://dr.loudness-war.info/

Kind of hilarious (and totally appropriate) this list is topped by Atlas Elipticalis and Feldman piano works, I believe John Cage has the recording with the least dynamic range as well
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #8,531 of 42,765
Can you try connecting your OTG cable the other way round (meaning swapping the phone end and the mojo end of the cable)? I know it sounds stupid but I had a similar issue which was solved by swapping the connection ends between my phone and the mojo.

Doesn't sound stupid at all. Haha it was the first thing I tried. Still no go.

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #8,532 of 42,765
Looking for suggestions on how to make my Mojo listening experience more portable.

I'm using it with the Apple CCK (6+) and right now most slight movements cause the signal to drop for a second which pauses the music. I am not sure if it's the connection going into the Mojo that becomes unstable, the USB connection from the CCK to the Mojo, or the CCK itself. Both cables are pretty short so I am wondering if a longer cable from the CCK to the Mojo will help with stability.

If I leave the Mojo alone and don't move it, playback continues uninterrupted.

Does anyone else experience this? For what it's worth, I've never had this issue with other portable amps before.

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #8,533 of 42,765
I may just go ahead and consider full sized headphones to go with my Mojo,

Because se846 is just not very intriguing, and after *auditioing* of the UE 18, I started getting very disappointed... In the IEM way of things.

Anyone with good experience with full sized headphones with the Mojo? Anything that stands out, I can spend between 600$ and 1k$.

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #8,534 of 42,765
Looking for suggestions on how to make my Mojo listening experience more portable.

I'm using it with the Apple CCK (6+) and right now most slight movements cause the signal to drop for a second which pauses the music. I am not sure if it's the connection going into the Mojo that becomes unstable, the USB connection from the CCK to the Mojo, or the CCK itself. Both cables are pretty short so I am wondering if a longer cable from the CCK to the Mojo will help with stability.

If I leave the Mojo alone and don't move it, playback continues uninterrupted.

Does anyone else experience this? For what it's worth, I've never had this issue with other portable amps before.

I just received the Lavricable (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Lightning-to-Chord-Hugo-Mojo-interconnect-cable-Iphone-4-5-6-/172046678763?hash=item280ec7faeb). My plan it to try it because i have experienced the same sensitivity to movements.  I have another kind on order from China.  If neither works to stop the interruptions on movement I am going to try velcro and I am also going to try a USB cable extender so I can put mojo in one pocket and the iPhone in another (or something like that).  I'll post what i discover.  BTW, I am about to post a highest rating for Lavricable.  They mailed my order the same day DEC 20, and it got here by standard mail (about $5) today (JAN 4).  Amazing.  The cable is very neatly built.

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #8,535 of 42,765
I own a 64 Ears ADEL cIEM with which I listen to Mojo and while I think this combination is very good I can understand why the SE846 or Noble K1O have been getting a lot of love here too recently.  Mojo just makes you think you own the best IEM in the world.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back