Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 4, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #8,506 of 42,765
Try the most well-known audiophile grade recordings:

Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon in DSD

and

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue in DSD

and would also suggest you check out the DRM database, sort by highest DRM value and download the exact albums(master as well) as the ones listed:frowning2:just pick whatever appeals to you).

http://dr.loudness-war.info/

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #8,507 of 42,765
Try the most well-known audiophile grade recordings:

Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon in DSD

Do you know where I can find the DSD to Pink Floyd's work?

Thanks

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #8,508 of 42,765
OK, most exciting IEM sound possible with Mojo and Hugo is (IMO) .......
Tralucent Audio ONEplusTWOs. Never heard of them till Duncan pushed them my way!

The whole beauty of Head-Fi is what we learn from reading about tips, ideas, and the products. A lot of times you happen across a product when you were reading a thread that was unrelated.

I never heard about the Mojo until I read the Sony NW ZX2 thread. I never heard of the Sony until I read a review of the AK240 . My amp, DAC, and headphones for my home system were all equipment that I learned about from Head-Fi.

Ken

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #8,511 of 42,765
I listen to 10 songs mostly and they are across 3 different genres and tried them in 320kbs and 16/44m1 and some in 24/96

Some recordings were better than others, but none wowed,

It may just be the Mojo, maybe the iems I have (se846) are fine. Idk

Maybe what I'm looking for costs 10k, I'm at a loss... Feeling pretty bummed, might just give up

Just feel let down, but I do love the Mojo, just wanted more *forwsrd[ or really just fun and engaging

I think sound you want is what I heard in a 60K system in a maybe 10x 10x 10 room. It was at a demo shop consisted of Raidho bookshelves, expensive cables which were all placed on top of those cable holders that don't let the cables touch the floor, with solid state amp, preamp and cd player, running high quality source. And I've heard 100K systems at audioshow and majority did less. The Raidho demo also had some audio tweak that you stick it on walls to give it more stage (which I think costs 4k for the whole set) and that's when the sound/stage gave a good enough depth to fill room and stage depth was layered and vocals were coming from the sky and not one particular direction.

If you ever goto an official audioshow you'll come to find out many people exaggerate the heck out of how gears sound.

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #8,513 of 42,765
If you ever goto an official audioshow you'll come to find out many people exaggerate the heck out of how gears sound.

Agreed.

Which, coincidentally, is why I said this, before NaiveSound purchased his Mojo:

That much I did read, I'm having very high expectations with the mojo

Well, it's not 'magic', so do be realistic in your expectations, but yes - it's astonishingly competent for such a diminutive little device.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #8,514 of 42,765
@masterpfa I wonder why anyone would use another DAP
biggrin.gif
. The only other size match I found are DX50 / DX90.

Not exactly the same size but DX80 could be an option.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #8,517 of 42,765
I think sound you want is what I heard in a 60K system in a maybe 10x 10x 10 room. It was at a demo shop consisted of Raidho bookshelves, expensive cables which were all placed on top of those cable holders that don't let the cables touch the floor, with solid state amp, preamp and cd player, running high quality source. And I've heard 100K systems at audioshow and majority did less. The Raidho demo also had some audio tweak that you stick it on walls to give it more stage (which I think costs 4k for the whole set) and that's when the sound/stage gave a good enough depth to fill room and stage depth was layered and vocals were coming from the sky and not one particular direction.

Totally agree. My 2-channel listening room probably cost me around $12-15K in gear and a few hundred hours in DIY tweaks and adjustments and experimentation to get to that "you're there" experience. This takes a lot of time, gear matching, room treatments, etc. to get there, but once it's dialed in it can be true magic. However, head-fi is so much easier (and relatively less expensive) and easier to take with you and/or use without bothering everyone else. Can't have kids around a mono-block tube amps that have 12 burning-hot tubes each side and as much as some headphones leak they don't rattle the house like a high-powered speaker and/or subwoofer can. 

And while head-fi will get you very close to top 2-channel systems in terms of certain elements of SQ, it will never IMO give you the same immersive experience with the depth and width and height of true sound-stage. Head-fi in my experience plays in your head, and if you're lucky expands beyond your ears, while a well set up 2-channel system can transcend the walls of the listening room. In my system the image is such that the back of an orchestra extends well beyond the front wall and you can tell which violinist is sitting where in the recording hall. It truly is something to experience if you have never had the pleasure. If you go to something like RMAF be sure to venture beyond CanJam and into the listening rooms of the 2-channel crew (just be ready for some of them to look down their nose at you as headphone geeks). 

Given all of the above trade-offs, it is telling that I've recently disassembled my 2-channel room and now listen exclusively to headphones. Maybe someday I'll go back and build a new listening room in my next house (for me building it was a good deal of the fun), but for now the headphone system is my audio-addiction. 

Cheers 

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #8,518 of 42,765
So I guess my ***new*** question is, with the Mojo, what iem can I add for a more *punchy* sound. (se846 is not enough for me), any iems known for Engaging sound, CIEM are fine as well

(just tried the UE18 (ultimate Ears) with the Mojo and to me they were far inferior to the se846...

I'm starting to wonder if getting sensaphonic sleeves for se846 will sound more engaging with my mojo which I love so much (primarily to it being musical and non fatiguing)

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #8,519 of 42,765
  Totally agree. My 2-channel listening room probably cost me around $12-15K in gear and a few hundred hours in DIY tweaks and adjustments and experimentation to get to that "you're there" experience. This takes a lot of time, gear matching, room treatments, etc. to get there, but once it's dialed in it can be true magic. However, head-fi is so much easier (and relatively less expensive) and easier to take with you and/or use without bothering everyone else. Can't have kids around a mono-block tube amps that have 12 burning-hot tubes each side and as much as some headphones leak they don't rattle the house like a high-powered speaker and/or subwoofer can. 

And while head-fi will get you very close to top 2-channel systems in terms of certain elements of SQ, it will never IMO give you the same immersive experience with the depth and width and height of true sound-stage. Head-fi in my experience plays in your head, and if you're lucky expands beyond your ears, while a well set up 2-channel system can transcend the walls of the listening room. In my system the image is such that the back of an orchestra extends well beyond the front wall and you can tell which violinist is sitting where in the recording hall. It truly is something to experience if you have never had the pleasure. If you go to something like RMAF be sure to venture beyond CanJam and into the listening rooms of the 2-channel crew (just be ready for some of them to look down their nose at you as headphone geeks). 

Given all of the above trade-offs, it is telling that I've recently disassembled my 2-channel room and now listen exclusively to headphones. Maybe someday I'll go back and build a new listening room in my next house (for me building it was a good deal of the fun), but for now the headphone system is my audio-addiction. 

Cheers 

I agree regarding two channel in a dedicated room. However the beauty of headphones or IEM's is that you remove the one biggest factor (and potentially the biggest obstacle to great sounding 2 channel listening), the room. As you know the greatest equipment can't overcome a bad sounding room without a lot of room treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back