8) Sony ZX2
9) Cayin N5
10) Cayin N6
11) Teac HA-P90SD
12) Samsung Note 4

You are welcome :)

Now that's a stack!!!

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2,959 of 42,765
Like it or not,Chord Mojo is the most successful device ever launched and this thread full of people who enjoy it so much can confirm it.
Very pleased for Chord Electronics with their success, i knew it.
Can't wait for the accessories to be available.

Yes the Mojo is very good and far better than my Hugo which is only 3 months old.  I do wish Chord would upgrade it with a PCB swap, but I have been told that there will not be an upgrade or Hugo 2 and hence I'm going to sell my Hugo and get what I can before all the World hears about Mojo.

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #2,961 of 42,765
  For those using iphone with Mojo, one of the most costs effective way is using cheap silicon bands meant for bicycles.   
L3000.gif

Brilliant. I'll get one in black.

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #2,962 of 42,765
Not saying it's money well spent
tongue.gif
but transports actually do make a difference. Yesterday someone was asking about the use of expensive DAPs as transports. Thing is with optical and coaxial inputs, the mojo actually runs synchronously, meaning that the clock being used is the transport's. Similar to how we hear about clock upgrades like the different crystek clocks and femto clocks, different daps have clocks of varying qualities which affect the sound quality. The daps also have their own audio processing digitally which affect the sound too. It's like how the iBasso DAPs have shown to have massive sound changes with different firmwares.

Take the AK380 for example, it's got nice femto clocks in them and are really superior as a transport, they sound noticeably better than other daps as transports.

Having said that, no way in hell I would use something so expensive as a transport
tongue.gif
I'm happy with my X5! Haha!

So then DAP doesn't matter unless you're running coaxial/optical.  Also what you're saying is that when using a DAP coaxial/optical with the Mojo, you're opting to use the DAP's clock instead of the Mojo's clock.  So you're unsatisfied with the Mojo's clocking ability?

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #2,964 of 42,765
So then DAP doesn't matter unless you're running coaxial/optical.  Also what you're saying is that when using a DAP coaxial/optical with the Mojo, you're opting to use the DAP's clock instead of the Mojo's clock.  So you're unsatisfied with the Mojo's clocking ability?

You're absolutely right!! Except that apart from the new Onkyo and Pioneer there isn't anything else that puts out a USB digital signal :p

It is not that I'm unsatisfied with the mojo's clocking ability, but unless my understanding is wrong, most dacs' internal clocks only work when you use the asynchronous USB input. The coaxial and optical inputs are by nature synchronous, there is NO other option. You cannot choose to use mojo's clocks when you use coax or optical :)

On the contrary I am almost certain that the mojo has better clocks than the x5, if there was a way to use it I definitely would!

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2,965 of 42,765
You're absolutely right!! Except that apart from the new Onkyo and Pioneer there isn't anything else that puts out a USB digital signal
tongue.gif

It is not that I'm I satisfied with the mojo's clocking ability, but unless my understanding is wrong, most dacs' internal clocks only work when you use the asynchronous USB input. The coaxial and optical inputs are by nature synchronous, there is NO other option. You cannot choose to use mojo's clocks when you use coax or optical
smily_headphones1.gif

Phones. I'm looking at Samsung S7 and Sony Xperia Z5c.

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #2,966 of 42,765
Phones. I'm looking at Samsung S7 and Sony Xperia Z5c.

Yea there's that option too. But the decision for me lies more along the lines of choosing to keep my music and my phone separate. Besides, some users have noted different phone transports sounding different, I speculate that it is because the USB output from the phone has a power component and some phones have a dirtier USB output than others. However, having never tried it myself I cannot be certain about that.

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #2,967 of 42,765
224 gigs up and running! Once I get another 128gb card and swap out the 64 I'll be able to have my entire music collection on the AK100. Then if I go to 200gb cards it could go up to 432gbs. Sweet.

Cheers

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #2,968 of 42,765
Yea there's that option too. But the decision for me lies more along the lines of choosing to keep my music and my phone separate. Besides, some users have noted different phone transports sounding different, I speculate that it is because the USB output from the phone has a power component and some phones have a dirtier USB output than others. However, having never tried it myself I cannot be certain about that.
my volume control works on my S6 edge when feeding the mojo... this tells me that it's still not a "pure" signal so I don't think that USB is your panacea either. Plus it adds interference from the radio!

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #2,969 of 42,765
Mojo is way more musical and enjoyable than ak240. :innocent:

untrue the 240 which i have is outstanding and sound fantastic when i use an IEM...it however doesnt have the power to drive my power hungry cans and that is where the mojo comes in....it would be insane to buy a 240 simply to use it as a transport but if you already own one using it to listen to high end cans makes sense...personally i use my 120 as a transport

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2,970 of 42,765
my volume control works on my S6 edge when feeding the mojo... this tells me that it's still not a "pure" signal so I don't think that USB is your panacea either. Plus it adds interference from the radio!

Many DACs are designed to hand off volume control to the transport, that doesn't in itself imply any loss of fidelity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back