Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 16, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #541 of 42,773

OK So I am a hugo owner for six months, my mojo arrived this morning and without any burn in to my humble ears it sounds as good as the hugo in fact I can't hear any difference....... I would buy early before they put the price up like they did with the hugo....  I am using an Iphone 6 cck as source silver dragon usb, Shure se535 with custom ear moulds......in fact because you have more steps on the volume control its even better with sensitive IEM's.... the brightness is still there (I get fatigue with the hugo after about an hour) using my 535. 

Simply stunning for the price

Wait so they're gonna raise the price? Why would they do that and how high do you think it'll go?

Nothing has been mentioned about raising the price. 

However, I would happily pay even 450 pounds for this device. As an introductory DAC to ' the masses'  this is an excellent marketing strategy for all of the Chord products.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #542 of 42,773
Following on re transports, I feel quite bad (knowing how good the QP1R is as a DAP in its own right) that I've relegated it to transport duties, but the mix of QP1R, MoJo and Layla is an absolute monster... Those that say there is no point in having high quality on the road (right this second walking around High Holborn in London, dodging people as I type) and really need to listen to a setup like this.

I guarantee most of the naysayers would change their minds :)

Well I already had my Laylas. Just got my Mojo via UPS man and hopefully QP1R tomorrow via Royal Mail.
The Mojo is so tiny I worried my dog might eat it.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #543 of 42,773
Come on, moon audio,give us some good news regarding batch-1 shipment.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #547 of 42,773
  The box says to charge for minimum 10 hours first time, but the manual tells us when the charging light goes out it is fully charged...

4 hours charging later, the light has gone out...

I guess I should keep charging, yeah?  
tongue_smile.gif

Yeah mine was pretty much charged out of the box and I got at least 8 hours of use on it last night.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #548 of 42,773
  OK So I am a hugo owner for six months, my mojo arrived this morning and without any burn in to my humble ears it sounds as good as the hugo in fact I can't hear any difference....... I would buy early before they put the price up like they did with the hugo....  I am using an Iphone 6 cck as source silver dragon usb, Shure se535 with custom ear moulds......in fact because you have more steps on the volume control its even better with sensitive IEM's.... the brightness is still there (I get fatigue with the hugo after about an hour) using my 535. 

Simply stunning for the price

Wait so they're gonna raise the price? Why would they do that and how high do you think it'll go?

No, I'm not saying they will. but on the hugo they had to machine a new case because the first model chassis did not have room for standard rca and spdif plugs....with the new case the price increased by £200....what I'm saying is I can't tell the difference between my hugo at £1400 and the mojo.........so stunning value...

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #553 of 42,773
  This works only with Oppo HA-2. It did not work with HUGO. You need something based off WMC-NWH10, like this.

Could you please explain why this should not work with Mojo? Didi you already tried that cable? Other USB DACs (i.e. from Onkyo) working fine too with the Oppo Sony USB cable ( http://world.taobao.com/item/45493617058.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rxc9GH#detail ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back