Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 16, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #526 of 42,765
Even when I'm on the move? I normally download all my tracks offline in Tidal and then use it on the way to work. Are you saying I can still listen to my tunes while walking or do I need wireless connection?

Local playback from the Tidal library should work too, I am downloading an album now to try.

EDIT:
Ah, I see the earlier post, streaming only now.

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #527 of 42,765

Local playback from the Tidal library should work too, I am downloading an album now to try.

EDIT:
Ah, I see the earlier post, streaming only now.

Let me know if the BubbleuPNP trick still work cos I can't get it to.

First impressions. Amazing how close it sounded to my Hugo TT. but I suppose my cans are the limiting factor (B&W P7).

Heard a pair of Oppo P3s just now. Very nice....

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #528 of 42,765
Hi folks,

I've just ordered the Mojo, been wanting a Chord DAC for a while and at £399 I thought I'd be daft not to give it a whirl.

Now I'm expecting to use it as much as a desktop DAC as for portable, likely just charging when not in use. However if I wanted to charge it and have it attached to my laptop I'm assuming I need to hook up two USB - one for data and one for charging - is this correct, or am I having a mad 5 minutes?

I'm also thinking of occasionally taking line out to a tube amp via 3.5mm > RCA, are there any obvious drawbacks from doing this?

Sorry for the potentially noddy questions, I took a quick look through the various threads but didn't see these answered.

Thanks,
Just.

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #531 of 42,765
The box says to charge for minimum 10 hours first time, but the manual tells us when the charging light goes out it is fully charged...

4 hours charging later, the light has gone out...

I guess I should keep charging, yeah?  
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #532 of 42,765
Let me know if the BubbleuPNP trick still work cos I can't get it to.

First impressions. Amazing how close it sounded to my Hugo TT. but I suppose my cans are the limiting factor (B&W P7).

Heard a pair of Oppo P3s just now. Very nice....

How did you find the Oppo P3 with the Mojo? I listened to them on oppo dac yesterday and thought the sound was a bit too warm, no sparkle, a little boring.. it didn't sound like a neutral balanced headphone (which is what I prefer), but perhaps it was because of the Oppo dac. Didn't try on the Mojo

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #533 of 42,765
  I'm also thinking of occasionally taking line out to a tube amp via 3.5mm > RCA, are there any obvious drawbacks from doing this?

No – assuming you want tube sound (that's the only drawback that comes to mind).

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #534 of 42,765
Hi folks,

I've just ordered the Mojo, been wanting a Chord DAC for a while and at £399 I thought I'd be daft not to give it a whirl.

Now I'm expecting to use it as much as a desktop DAC as for portable, likely just charging when not in use. However if I wanted to charge it and have it attached to my laptop I'm assuming I need to hook up two USB - one for data and one for charging - is this correct, or am I having a mad 5 minutes?

Sorry for the potentially noddy questions, I took a quick look through the various threads but didn't see these answered.

Thanks,

Just.

That's right, you need to plug USB into the USB slot with the battery icon to charge. The other slot is for audio only.
As for line-out desktop use, no problem just ensure you turn it on with line-out enabled. I used it with my active speakers with RCA cables, it's great.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #536 of 42,765
Can the Mojo be an "end game" DAC?
That depends on how much money you want 2 spend on dac and how far you want 2 go with sound quality . I'm sure the mojo sound great for £400.I remember when the Hugo came out and how great it sounded,i got 1 and loved it,people said it was as good as The QBD 76.After about a year i got the chance 2 listen 2 a QBD 76 probably,and it was in a totally different league 2 the Hugo in every way,so much so,i brought 1.so really it does depend how far you want 2 go.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #537 of 42,765

No – assuming you want tube sound (that's the only drawback that comes to mind).

Unfortunately tube rolling is proving to be a tough addiction to quit.

That's right, you need to plug USB into the USB slot with the battery icon to charge. The other slot is for audio only.
As for line-out desktop use, no problem just ensure you turn it on with line-out enabled. I used it with my active speakers with RCA cables, it's great.

Thanks for the replies guys, this is a great help!

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #538 of 42,765
Heheh, i actually used it with my Galaxy S5. Didn't have time/kit to hook up to Mojo.

But yes, that's Planar Magnetics for you. Very much like electrostatic. There isn't that "wow" factor. I don't think the Mojo will be too different. But its a sound that will last the distance.

You can really get into it. Even on my Galaxy S5, the noise floor is lower. The sound cleaner than my P7s. And its so silky smooth. The forte are the midrange details. The sound stage is full, but not overpowering. Different presentation. But I'm a chillout/downtempo mainly so it works for me. The Audeze LCD3 OTOH was lacklustre. More because the phone didn't have enough juice. Very impressed with the P3s.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #539 of 42,765
OK So I am a hugo owner for six months, my mojo arrived this morning and without any burn in to my humble ears it sounds as good as the hugo in fact I can't hear any difference....... I would buy early before they put the price up like they did with the hugo....  I am using an Iphone 6 cck as source silver dragon usb, Shure se535 with custom ear moulds......in fact because you have more steps on the volume control its even better with sensitive IEM's.... the brightness is still there (I get fatigue with the hugo after about an hour) using my 535. 

Simply stunning for the price

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #540 of 42,765
OK So I am a hugo owner for six months, my mojo arrived this morning and without any burn in to my humble ears it sounds as good as the hugo in fact I can't hear any difference....... I would buy early before they put the price up like they did with the hugo....  I am using an Iphone 6 cck as source silver dragon usb, Shure se535 with custom ear moulds......in fact because you have more steps on the volume control its even better with sensitive IEM's.... the brightness is still there (I get fatigue with the hugo after about an hour) using my 535. 

Simply stunning for the price

Wait so they're gonna raise the price? Why would they do that and how high do you think it'll go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back