Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 26, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #14,492 of 42,765
thank you for your help, I would say these posts will help future mojo buyers. I now have my mojo thats going to sit on the kitchen side for a week or so, great... lol

Something like this and the provided USB OTG cable should suffice until your ordered cables arrive. I carry this as a spare in my IEM case

I have  this and this and they work just great, only thing is the time it takes to be delivered, but hey time will fly 

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #14,494 of 42,765
I feel like the sound from Mojo is very smooth compared to Oppo which is a little bit harsh and the vocal is also more forward but Mojo is twice price with less accessories ( Aud$899:frowning2: ) so they are in different leagues

Oppo HA-2 was the DAC I was considering when I, by chance, came across the Mojo. I have never heard the HA-2 but I personally think I made the right choice
In case anyone suggest that I would need to hear the Oppo first? Well as many owners of Mojo can vouch, once you've heard the Mojo there's no going back, plus above all I am happy with what the Mojo presents to my ears and brain.

Chord Dave next

OK only kidding 
beyersmile.png

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #14,495 of 42,765
Mojo £400.

Dave £8000.

Probably Dave would be my end game rig, if I would ever be able to afford it. :)

I can afford it, but as with everything it comes down to how important it is for you. I used to salivate over high end kit back 15 years ago, but with life changing circumstances I came to understand that dumping 8K on a single piece of audio equipment is a no go, unless that 8K is back pocket change for you. 8K, while doable for me, is not exactly throw away money.

The £400 or so that I dumped on Mojo is effectively money that I can live without. Fortunately the Mojo seems to have very positve qualities and I'm enjoying it. Despite my previous posts I am hearing a lot more detail and musicality with the Mojo - after listening for a few hours, going back to my previous stuff really showed the Mojo to be somewhat special.

I sometimes think that HiFi leaves people chasing very expensive tails for no good reason.

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #14,497 of 42,765

I have  this and this and they work just great, only thing is the time it takes to be delivered, but hey time will fly 

Are these for use with the ZX2 ?

No, but if you check post #3, you'll find the correct cables under the 'Connecting Mojo to Sony Devices' section

Firstly, you will need a Sony WMC-NWH10 cable:   (there's currently one for sale, in the classifieds section, or you can order from Amazon)

and then you will need a male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable, to go in between the WMC-NWH10 and Mojo (the male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable is already supplied, in the box, with Mojo).

Here, you can see the exact same cables in use, when I hooked-up a ZX1 to a Hugo:

There are some 3rd-party unofficial cables which may get the job done, with just one cable instead of the above two, but I cannot verify whether they are reliable or not, so please do your own research before buying!

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #14,498 of 42,765
Something like this and the provided USB OTG cable should suffice until your ordered cables arrive. I carry this as a spare in my IEM case

cheers for the reply, by the time I order I imagine my amazon otg cable will be delivered, top man for the links though cheers bud

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #14,499 of 42,765
Meh? I thought it was an very good detailed review that highlighted the excellence of the product?

Only comment that could be taken negatively was that Hugo at 3 times the price is slightly superior. Not a surprise then that Chord is still selling Hugo! I agree entirely that Hugo is more open sounding, but appreciate some people prefer the slightly warmer Mojo.

To someone who asked is Mojo the best desktop DAC there is, (just catching up on 350 posts!) no, listen to the Hugo TT. While the difference IMO between MOJO and HUGO is small, the TT really is a step forward.

Coming from the Budget end of Audio (we all have to start somewhere) had it not been for the Mojo I would never have seriously considered another Chord product. I was coming from a £99 DAC and to me the £399 for the Mojo was a huge jump financial wise.

Now I may consider the likes of Hugo, Hugo TT et al because of the performance of the Mojo and the sound and reproduction.

The thing is @JohnFrank and @Rob Watts if I was talking about the Hugo TT the missus might have thought I was talking about a car and not given it a second thought, however there is no way I can convince her Dave is a car and/or justify the expense to her....... 
blink.gif

I know I'll set up a new business and write the cost of my declared income as setting up costs
L3000.gif

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #14,500 of 42,765
Y
I used to own the C5, awesome little bugger, but anyway, the micro to micro cable a few are referring to is basically a charging cable for your mobile devices in an emergency. The C5 has enough battery to act as an emergency power bank.
Just FYI.
Cheers
ye I understand that, I was wondering if it would also double as a otg cable for my s6 edge and mojo? Probably not...

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #14,501 of 42,765
I think that the Mojo displaces the need for the Hugo but the Hugo TT is a viable option for a end game desk top rig...

I can't be done with Camera Connection Kit and a further cable. On the odd occasion I want to play something off the iPhone, Hugo's Bluetooth works well. Also it is better suited in lounge on a coffee table due to its heavier chassis alongside HD800s and Grado 325s. But Mojo gets more use living on my bedside cabinet :)

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #14,502 of 42,765
I can afford it, but as with everything it comes down to how important it is for you. I used to salivate over high end kit back 15 years ago, but with life changing circumstances I came to understand that dumping 8K on a single piece of audio equipment is a no go, unless that 8K is back pocket change for you. 8K, while doable for me, is not exactly throw away money.

The £400 or so that I dumped on Mojo is effectively money that I can live without. Fortunately the Mojo seems to have very positve qualities and I'm enjoying it. Despite my previous posts I am hearing a lot more detail and musicality with the Mojo - after listening for a few hours, going back to my previous stuff really showed the Mojo to be somewhat special.

I sometimes think that HiFi leaves people chasing very expensive tails for no good reason.

Agreed.
Lucky you can afford 8k equipment.
Probably because you were watching what to spend for. (Or you get lucky otherwise.)
Above 1-2k it really comes down to personal preference imo. Regardless what equipment we are talking about.
 Respect for the things you can afford. I hope, you have as well found the true values in life too, not just the one money can buy.
However money can buy tons of joy. :) Bot not everything.

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #14,503 of 42,765

No, but if you check post #3, you'll find the correct cables under the 'Connecting Mojo to Sony Devices' section

Firstly, you will need a Sony WMC-NWH10 cable:   (there's currently one for sale, in the classifieds section, or you can order from Amazon japan)

and then you will need a male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable, to go in between the WMC-NWH10 and Mojo (the male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable is already supplied, in the box, with Mojo).

Here, you can see the exact same cables in use, when I hooked-up a ZX1 to a Hugo:

There are some 3rd-party unofficial cables which may get the job done, with just one cable instead of the above two, but I cannot verify whether they are reliable or not, so please do your own research before buying!

Thank you for the useful info & more helpful picture ! I was hoping for a one cable solution, but any solution will do ! Frustrating ( & ironic ! ) that a product made in the U.K. has a problem, to source cables, for U.K. residents !

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #14,505 of 42,765

Firstly, you will need a Sony WMC-NWH10 cable:   (there's currently one for sale, in the classifieds section, or you can order from Amazon)

This is what I did but it didn't work with my SAmsung S7 Edge phone.

I thought we have to use an OTG cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back