Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 26, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #14,461 of 42,765
I'm dying... Mojo is supposed to be here within 3 hours, along with my Fiio X7. I can't wait!!! If the Mojo arrives first and the X7 much later, I won't be able to listen... Only have my phone and I don't believe I have an OTG cable anymore. This will be some serious torture.

I really need to order an OTG cable for my phone... As I'm not certain I'll keep the X7. More than likely I will as I've wanted a separate DAP again.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #14,462 of 42,765
LOL - I hope you understand the reason why some of us tersely point to post #3, quite often.

It's nothing personal.

As for the cables - I was being perfectly serious when I said I anticipate many thousands of purchasers for that bundle, as it will be so convenient and (relatively-speaking) economical.

No hard feelings... To be honest I can only wonder how you and others in this thread manage to keep calm and polite all the time...I just couldn't do it :D

Concerning the cable/add on confusion.
This is a result of me reading the DAR article and taking for granted that it had all relevant Infos in it...
Now I'm good, thanks for clearing things up!

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #14,463 of 42,765
LOL - I hope you understand the reason why some of us tersely point to post #3, quite often.

It's nothing personal.

As for the cables - I was being perfectly serious when I said I anticipate many thousands of purchasers for that bundle, as it will be so convenient and (relatively-speaking) economical.

Shame no short co-ax cables with the demise of Der Gabe! Especially the four pole 2nd gen Fiio type.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #14,464 of 42,765
HELPPPPPPP!!!!!

All of a sudden I'm having intermittent connection issues out of both headphone outs:frowning2:

I've tried a few different headphones so it must be a mojo problem. I'm gonna cry:frowning2:

Is this something Drew at Moon Audio will be able to fix or is my 3 month old unit gonna have to be replaced?

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #14,465 of 42,765
Shame no short co-ax cables with the demise of Der Gabe! Especially the four pole 2nd gen Fiio type.

I just noticed the Dyson coaxial cable on eBay is no longer available either. :rolleyes:

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #14,466 of 42,765
Another review...kinda meh:

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/chord-electronics-mojo-portable-dacheadphone-amp/

(Sorry if already posted...hard to keep up!)

Meh? I thought it was an very good detailed review that highlighted the excellence of the product?

Only comment that could be taken negatively was that Hugo at 3 times the price is slightly superior. Not a surprise then that Chord is still selling Hugo! I agree entirely that Hugo is more open sounding, but appreciate some people prefer the slightly warmer Mojo.

To someone who asked is Mojo the best desktop DAC there is, (just catching up on 350 posts!) no, listen to the Hugo TT. While the difference IMO between MOJO and HUGO is small, the TT really is a step forward.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #14,467 of 42,765
I just noticed the Dyson coaxial cable on eBay is no longer available either. :rolleyes:

A big blow to all vacuum cleaner lovers :)

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #14,468 of 42,765

:D

I know, I know. But seriously, it was a $30 custom full coaxial spec 75 Ohm cable. For $30. Did I mention it was only $30.

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #14,469 of 42,765
Didn't know this cable existed... But now I want it :D
He even had a German ebay store...
But it is said that he is selling his stock now and will at some point do custom cables again... My guess is he s making those bespoke coax cables as we speak... Fingers crossed
The homepage of Dyson Audio Interconnections is supposed to go live first of April.... Hope it's not a joke

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #14,470 of 42,765

I just noticed the Dyson coaxial cable on eBay is no longer available either.
rolleyes.gif

How ironic that he has now left a 'vacuum' in the market!

But I'm sure someone else will soon fill it; sure as eggs is eggs.

Supply & Demand; Supply & Demand....

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #14,472 of 42,765
FedEx has arrived!!! Finally, I will have my Mojo!!! Waiting outside like a damn child!!

It can be listened to while charging. 

Charging the first time for 10 hours....the light sometimes goes out at 4. 

No matter how hard you try to charge it without listening to it, you'll listen to it.  

It is more 'music' than you've likely ever heard before.  It will take time to process! 

Enjoy!  

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #14,474 of 42,765
This thing is tiny! I know everyone said it was small, but damn. I have no choice but to let it charge. I have no idea where my otg cable is for my cell phone and X7 isn't here yet. I thought I'd have my X7 first, so I wasn't concerned with an otg cable. Oh well... I planned on reading but there isn't much to read with the Mojo. Just have to wait for the damn mail person now.

Feels nice in the hand, that's for sure.

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #14,475 of 42,765
This thing is tiny! I know everyone said it was small, but damn. I have no choice but to let it charge. I have no idea where my otg cable is for my cell phone and X7 isn't here yet. I thought I'd have my X7 first, so I wasn't concerned with an otg cable. Oh well... I planned on reading but there isn't much to read with the Mojo. Just have to wait for the damn mail person now.

Feels nice in the hand, that's for sure.

You can switch all your house lights off and admire the pretty volume colours as you adjust them.

Kept me occupied for hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back