Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #13,906 of 42,765
  Exactly. In all honesty, I'm thinking of sending it back. I wanted to love it so badly, but I just can't hear the benefit. Add to that the mild hissing (at least with the SE846, not so much with the Etys), and the interference from WiFi and data signal, and it's hard to justify.

Maybe it's just me, but I strongly recommend trying it before splashing out. Clearly, lots of other people have different, more favourable, opinions to me.

If you get hiss with the ER4S, it is definitely tinnitus...

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #13,910 of 42,765
  Exactly. In all honesty, I'm thinking of sending it back. I wanted to love it so badly, but I just can't hear the benefit. Add to that the mild hissing (at least with the SE846, not so much with the Etys), and the interference from WiFi and data signal, and it's hard to justify.

Maybe it's just me, but I strongly recommend trying it before splashing out. Clearly, lots of other people have different, more favourable, opinions to me.

OOOps posted by mistake with no content - I blame the touch pad on my laptop.
blink.gif

I also did not have an out of body experience but rather more of an out of wallet experience.
wink.gif

I think the Mojo is good but for me it did not live up to the hype however after some decent burn in time I found it did improve and I began to like it more.

There is something endearing about the sound of the Mojo but I missed the sub bass response I get with my Hidizs AP100 and having to use a stack again was a bit of a pain.

I had some weird issues with the battery not charging but just heating up the battery, which did improve after several cycles but overall I did not think it was worth the hassle so I sent mine back.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #13,911 of 42,765

Hmmm cos my set up is the sabre ES9023 android dac, into the cayin c5. Sounds like Id be better off buying the se846 first if theres not really much difference between the mojo and s6. Im assuming the sabre DAC is better than the android as the small difference does sound better on my testing

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #13,912 of 42,765
While I think it works great with many headphones such as HD6x0, I feel Mojo alone misses power to drive my T1 well

Well that is strange as it drives my dt880 600 exceptionally well and my understanding is the Tesla drivers are easier to drive. What about the t1 makes you feel it is not driven well by the Mojo?

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #13,913 of 42,765
Well that is strange as it drives my dt880 600 exceptionally well and my understanding is the Tesla drivers are easier to drive. What about the t1 makes you feel it is not driven well by the Mojo?

I have the same question.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #13,914 of 42,765
Nice 'first-impression' from the CanJam SoCal 2016 thread:

Chord - I always thought that the Mojo was perhaps a bit overhyped on Head-Fi, so I headed over to the Chord table to listen (well, the Mojo is also probably the only thing I could reasonably afford without having to save up tons of money). But I got to say, after listening to it, the Mojo is the real deal. Seriously, it's amazing how something that small can provide some ok battery life but also power IEMs with great finesse while driving full-size headphones with relative ease. And it somehow manages to make lots of music sound non-fatiguing but without smoothing over all of the detail - a great accomplishment IMO. I thought I was going to get a DAP though I may now have to reconsider it since pairing the Mojo with my smartphone truly sounded awesome. For me, the Mojo was one of the standouts of the show. Thanks to John Franks for personally and patiently answering my questions!

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #13,915 of 42,765
Yes, I think most of us (myself eapecially) run away when we see something hyped so much. In recent memory the Mojo and the thx00 are the two products I think lived up to all the hype.

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #13,917 of 42,765

It does, I'm using it now.

However, hold your horses. Let me share my experiences with you. The Samsung S6 noise floor is much, much lower than the Mojo, so if you're using sensitive IEMs then the Mojo hiss may irritate you. Also, the DAC in the S6 is fantastically clean, and I'm very hard pressed to hear a £400 difference between the S6 and the Mojo. I'm using SE846 and ER-4Ps to listen

I'm sure people with better ears will tell me that I'm talking nonsense, but all I'm saying is make sure you get an audition before splashing the cash.

I was impressed by the s7 edge sound quality...
but for 400£ you get:

-better instruments placement
-sense of realism
-timing
-dynamic and details
-capability of driving every kind of headphones to a decente level

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #13,918 of 42,765
I was impressed by the s7 edge sound quality...
but for 400£ you get:

-better instruments placement
-sense of realism
-timing
-dynamic and details
-capability of driving every kind of headphones to a decente level
sense of realism = rock band sounds like theyre playing in high def in your living room for you kind of sound??

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #13,920 of 42,765
listening to tiny island cd by opus3 records mojo. this album is one of the cleanest recordings I have heard in recent years. it has typical opus3 sound , recorded on a single stereo mic without any post processing, Treble is cleanest you will ever listen. music is very good too with a touch of blues and very very soothing and calming plus mojo's magic make it a unforgettable listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back