Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 20, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #13,861 of 42,765
one minor issue. j river shows 48khz going via direct asio connection to mojo but mojo light shows red not orange. all other sample rates are correctly displayed . anybody experienced same ?

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #13,862 of 42,765
I know next to zero about audio pretty much and im just starting out. Glad its not just me that picked up on the bad vibes that basically said the mojo is ok but theres better around and its overhyped...

That forum and the members think valhalla2 is the greatest amp that came into existence from beggining of time regardless of price.I have the Valhalla2 and all I can say is LOL. The moderator there also thinks the PS Audio MK2 is better than Hugo. I've had both in my possesion at the same time for A/B and the MK2 is a mess compared to Hugo. Lots of digital glare and lack clarity and details. I never read that forum anymore. Just a bunch of nobodies thinking they are something special trying to add a rebellious attitude towards the headfi trend to get attraction. If they were right about what they say, and I heard the same difference I would think they are different group of people. But both times they got completely wrong with Hugo and valhalla2 - it's ridicolous.

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #13,863 of 42,765
Yeah it j

Yeah with iBasso Dx90 and Mojo, I'm justing using a short stereo 3.5mm that is right angled on both ends and works perfectly.  I just don't think I need a DX90 just to feed coaxial.  I could use the money from DX90 for something else.  Though I still love the DX90.  Nothing sounds better for the $300 that I know of, but I'm sure with Mojo now I will  rarely use the DX90 dac ever.

i have the same setup but the sellers i approach all insist i use a 75ohm coax of some sort,using a 3.5mm standard stereo instead of the 75ohms will yield what result? I'm curious and blurry about the cable requirements

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #13,864 of 42,765
Have anyone here tried DT 1770 PRO with Mojo?

It give bass boost or not?

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #13,865 of 42,765

The Mojo doesn't have a built in bass boost. That said, someone else will have to say how good the bass is on it with those headphones. 

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #13,866 of 42,765
i have the same setup but the sellers i approach all insist i use a 75ohm coax of some sort,using a 3.5mm standard stereo instead of the 75ohms will yield what result? I'm curious and blurry about the cable requirements

Well I always thought that rating was for longer runs.  I don't know what it would should like with better cable.  I can't tell the difference between same tracks from optical on the PC.  But I didn't A/B.  I just didn't hear any lack  But who know maybe there is a small measurable difference.  Someone else will likely answer this question better.

Also I wanted to bump a old question I posted above.  Anyone know if there is any plan for Chord Source with SD card support?  I saw it mentioned somewhere but don't see anything else on it.

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #13,867 of 42,765

I cannot comment on the pairing as I have not heard the 1770 together with Mojo. However, what I can tell you is that the Mojo has an ability to flesh out bass in a quality that is akin to experiencing more bass quantity.
I can't exactly articulate it but from what I can hear with different gear I own, the bass is more pronounced but without ever feeling that it leaks or muddles the mids. Its accurate and presented as when required of the recording.
You may hear differently from me but that's my perspective. Gear used are Supra and FLC8s IEMs and 7XX headphones

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #13,868 of 42,765

The Mojo doesn't have a built in bass boost. That said, someone else will have to say how good the bass is on it with those headphones. 

I cannot comment on the pairing as I have not heard the 1770 together with Mojo. However, what I can tell you is that the Mojo has an ability to flesh out bass in a quality that is akin to experiencing more bass quantity.
I can't exactly articulate it but from what I can hear with different gear I own, the bass is more pronounced but without ever feeling that it leaks or muddles the mids. Its accurate and presented as when required of the recording.
You may hear differently from me but that's my perspective. Gear used are Supra and FLC8s IEMs and 7XX headphones

Yes, actually Im planning to get TH900. and heard from forum that its highs can be piercing high and i dislike it.

And now, I know that i wanted to invest $600 for a good Amp which is Mojo. 

I searched in Audiobot9000. DT 1770 PRO is one of the best match for Mojo.

So, I would like to know from you guys here :D

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #13,869 of 42,765
Didn't want to have to skim through all the pages of this thread, but quick question! Does the Mojo have any issues with channel balance at lower volume? And is the volume suited for IEM's and easy to drive headphones?

I'm selling my Micro iDSD because in order for the channels to be balanced, I have to turn it up further than I would like with my LCD-X. (I don't listen very loudly, and the iDSD does have an "IEM" setting, but I don't like what it does to the treble.)

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #13,870 of 42,765
  Didn't want to have to skim through all the pages of this thread, but quick question! Does the Mojo have any issues with channel balance at lower volume? And is the volume suited for IEM's and easy to drive headphones?

I'm selling my Micro iDSD because in order for the channels to be balanced, I have to turn it up further than I would like with my LCD-X. (I don't listen very loudly, and the iDSD does have an "IEM" setting, but I don't like what it does to the treble.)

The Mojo has a very wide range of volumes, such that I can listen with my K10's, LCD-3's and SINEs and never have any issues. In fact I can't recall anyone bringing up channel imbalance as an issue, which shouldn't be as surprising given it doesn't use a volume pot. Cheers

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #13,871 of 42,765

Absolutely no problem with imbalance at any volume. Mojo even goes into  'low volume' mode when you reach further down for basically 'all' IEMs impedance/sensitivity.

Watch this video where Amos demonstrates the volume buttons in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfCwmvwKA4

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #13,872 of 42,765
  The Mojo has a very wide range of volumes, such that I can listen with my K10's, LCD-3's and SINEs and never have any issues. In fact I can't recall anyone bringing up channel imbalance as an issue, which shouldn't be as surprising given it doesn't use a volume pot. Cheers

Thanks for the quick response man! Great news... I cannot wait, I'm gonna see if I can order one of these tonight. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #13,873 of 42,765
I am using mojo with dt880 600ohm. this Beyer headphone is touted to be a monitoring headphone so it has extremely flat frequency response. to those habitual of non monitoring headphones, it can sound bright and thin but for me it is the best paring with mojo as it brings out the best qualities of mojo which are transparency, dynamics and details with out being bright. this pairing is suitable for all type of music. this Beyer throws a very open soundstage with mojo just like a full scale speaker system with each instrument located distinctly . only thing that the Beyer dt880 is semi open so in noisy environment like in train it loses the bass which is not the fault of mojo . for home listening specially at night mojo + dt880 600 ohm can be a great experience. the other day I was listening to some of the chesky binaural tracks, I would say that the experience was like you were transported to the venue. just unbelievable ! I have another monitoring headphone shure srh940 which is closed back. this also sounds awesome with mojo can be extremely good choice with mojo in noisy environment. I think flat frequency response headphones do more justice to mojo as these sound like a full speaker based system with great imaging. but yes it is individual's preference .

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #13,874 of 42,765
Ordered 10 Ferrite cores to cover the micro usb cables. Let see how does the sound changes.
I know it will change for sure.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #13,875 of 42,765
Ordered 10 Ferrite cores to cover the micro usb cables. Let see how does the sound changes.
I know it will change for sure.

that's insane amount of chokes in a single line

Users who are viewing this thread

Back