Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 18, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #13,651 of 42,765
 Cool!

Right now i am using my iphone 6 plus + mojo + sennheisser hd 238 and the music is very enjoyable..i dont need DSD nor HD800 to enjoy my music.

Awesome, i want to try it out of pure curiosity, see if it will give me an insight to what the true audiophiles around here are trying to convey lol. What music genre do you listen to? Im looking forward to hearing this mojo.

It would be awesome if there was someway of inputting your location and it would match you up with location of nearby members within say 30-40 milesso people can meet up and test everyones various set ups etc

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #13,652 of 42,765
  Even as a desktop unit this thing is deserving every penny.. when im thinking that i also can just put it in my backpack and listen to my (previously homebound)HD650 wherever i travel... :D

That is the benefit for me, not only is it portable but also works very well in a home based system IMO

I suggest people who have not bought moio, pls don't be skeptical. your money will be very well invested, it is such an addicting piece of equipment.

+1
The real test will always be ones own listening experience

Ive heard so much about the 800's that I will be testing then to see what the hypes about. Coming from my v moda crossfade wireless I bet it will be an eye opener lol

Have you compared the k712 vs 325e? Trying to decipher the audio lingo, these seem to me as though they maybe similar sounding? What do you feel would be the best pair to give you that live at the rock show feeling with awesome sound?

Originally Posted by esm87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

320 kb be listenable? Im struggling for FLAC files, i dont use a computer its all off my phone, I dont know of a FLAC downloader I can just search and have my favourite songs on my phone. I work up country and commute every day hence why im phone dependant

As I said earlier

Above all enjoy 1st, but if you do get to demo the HD800's make sure you are listening, if possible , to your own music and not the shops demo files.

I personally have not heard the K712 and unfortunately couldn't really comment on which would be best suited, hopefully someone else on this thread might be able to answer that question.

As you have stated you only use your phone and not a PC, you could try a Free Tidal Trial, usually 30 days, subscribe to the HiFi option. These are CD quality files at 16Bit 44.1 Mhz Tidal will also allow you to save music to your device to listen to later. If you choose this option you could also install UAPP or Onkyo HF Player for Android phones. Onkyo HF Player also available for the iPhone.

I do not know if iOS up samples or how the iPhone handles Tidal 

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #13,653 of 42,765
That is the benefit for me, not only is it portable but also works very well in a home based system IMO

+1

The real test will always be ones own listening experience

As I said earlier

Above all enjoy 1st, but if you do get to demo the HD800's make sure you are listening, if possible , to your own music and not the shops demo files.

I personally have not heard the K712 and unfortunately couldn't really comment on which would be best suited, hopefully someone else on this thread might be able to answer that question.

As you have stated you only use your phone and not a PC, you could try a Free Tidal Trial, usually 30 days, subscribe to the HiFi option. These are CD quality files at 16Bit 44.1 Mhz Tidal will also allow you to save music to your device to listen to later. If you choose this option you could also install UAPP or Onkyo HF Player for Android phones. Onkyo HF Player also available for the iPhone.

I do not know if iOS up samples or how the iPhone handles Tidal 

I'll sign up for that after work thanks. Will I be able to save unlimited music to my phone within trial period?

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #13,654 of 42,765
Awesome, i want to try it out of pure curiosity, see if it will give me an insight to what the true audiophiles around here are trying to convey lol. What music genre do you listen to? Im looking forward to hearing this mojo.

It would be awesome if there was someway of inputting your location and it would match you up with location of nearby members within say 30-40 milesso people can meet up and test everyones various set ups etc

I listen to anime soundtrack mostly by Hiroyuki Sawano - Gundam Unicorn soundtrack..pop, alt, rock and basically anything depending on my mood.

if you are from malaysia...welcome to pm me and try if u want to :)

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #13,655 of 42,765
I'll sign up for that after work thanks. Will I be able to save unlimited music to my phone within trial period?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes 
L3000.gif

Only accessible via Tidal I might point out.. 

PS. If it something you are not going to  continue with, you can cancel at any time but you will remain on the trial until the 30 days have elapsed. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #13,656 of 42,765
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes 
:L3000:

Only accessible via Tidal I might point out.. 

PS. If it something you are not going to  continue with, you can cancel at any time but you will remain on the trial until the 30 days have elapsed. 

Awesome, can you download by album instead of individual song? What quality will I be able to download them in?

I love this forum and its members, brilliant crew and really helpful. Audio is such a complex and intricate subject. Its not straight forward and the knowledge is genuinely appreciated

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #13,657 of 42,765
I listen to anime soundtrack mostly by Hiroyuki Sawano - Gundam Unicorn soundtrack..pop, alt, rock and basically anything depending on my mood.

if you are from malaysia...welcome to pm me and try if u want to :)

Cheers for the offer, im from uk, south wales. Im waiting ever so patiently for my sz1000s to arrive should be here any day now from japan. After that headset thats going to give me that awesome live performance sound for my rock music now...

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #13,659 of 42,765
When people talk about using mojo and headphones like EL8, im assuming that would be considered audiophile portable HI FI. Hi end set up if you will?

My set up of cayin c5 with hifimediy and v moda crossfade wireless would be entry level...

Mojo with my HP's or k712 would be mid fi?

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #13,660 of 42,765
Jus re read ur post 16bit 44khz. Is that better than 320kb?

320 Kbps is a measure data per second (bit rate) for lossy formats - a lossy format loses information while compressing the file to save storage space. 320 Kbps has nothing to do with 16/44.1. The bit depth is 16 bits with a sampling rate of 44.1.

Tidal HiFi is lossless CD quality meaning that when the file is compressed there is no information lost. The bit rate varies quite a bit in lossless formats and there is not really a standard cap (like lossy formats with 320 Kbps). CD lossless is still 16/44.1.

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #13,661 of 42,765
320 Kbps is a measure data per second (bit rate) for lossy formats - a lossy format loses information while compressing the file. 320 Kbps has nothing to do with 16/44.1. The bit depth is 16 bits with a sampling rate of 44.1.

Tidal HiFi is lossless CD quality meaning that when the file is compressed there is no information lost. The bit rate varies quite a bit in lossless formats and there is not really a standard cap (like lossy formats with 320 Kbps). CD lossless is still 16/44.1.

Ah right I get you, thanks

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #13,662 of 42,765
320 Kbps is a measure data per second (bit rate) for lossy formats - a lossy format loses information while compressing the file to save storage space. 320 Kbps has nothing to do with 16/44.1. The bit depth is 16 bits with a sampling rate of 44.1.

What he said, plus sometime this year Tidal are aiming to bring MQA files to their service. These can in fact be up to 24Bit 192Mhz files, but if played via a non MQA encoded DAP will still play back at 24Bit 44.1 Mhz in a file that is larger than the current CD file size, but in a format a lot smaller than traditional 21/192 file sizes.

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #13,663 of 42,765
When you find something better, please let us know.  

Somehow unless it is another Chord, which means more expensive, or another DAC at 10X the price, I do not think it is possible. Negativity of some people on that forum feel like they did not have enough vitamins in their childhood.
I think although it was never our intention! Unfortunately that it's likely that we've upset a small minority in this industry and they or their associates have been possibly hitting back at us. It's sad as technology advances through competition and it is our, Chords, intention by bringing this very high tech to a reasonable price, inorder bring a lot more people into this interesting pastime of ours and we'd hoped this will benefit everyone in the whole business not just us. We've taken a lot from some quarters some of it could be viewed as offensive . We won't reply

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #13,664 of 42,765

When you find something better, please let us know.  

Somehow unless it is another Chord, which means more expensive, or another DAC at 10X the price, I do not think it is possible. Negativity of some people on that forum feel like they did not have enough vitamins in their childhood.

I think although it was never our intention! Unfortunately that it's likely that we've upset a small minority in this industry and they or their associates have been possibly hitting back at us. It's sad as technology advances through competition and it is our, Chords, intention by bringing this very high tech to a reasonable price, inorder bring a lot more people into this interesting pastime of ours and we'd hoped this will benefit everyone in the whole business not just us. We've taken a lot from some quarters some of it could be viewed as offensive . We won't reply

+100,

Because or Mojo, i have spent more than $1K, just on earphones and headphones :)

Thanks to Chord, indirectly Chord is helping other companies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back