Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #13,622 of 42,765
MOJO + LCD 2 Fazor : VERY good pairing !

Thank you :) .. looks like you got your LCD-2  haa 

I haven't heard the Matrix Cube but on a technical level the Mojo DAC is much more capable than the WM8740. The analogue out of the Mojo is also very transparent, but I have no point of reference to what you prefer. If you like any amp coloration then the Mojo won't bring that to the mix.

I've found the Mojo > LCD-2 (pre-fazor) to be an excellent pairing, and the Mojo drives it well.

Many thanks.

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #13,623 of 42,765
Mar 17, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #13,624 of 42,765
Please could someone help me out. How do you feel the AKG k712 pro would jam with the chord mojo?

This will be for my rock playlist consisting of kings of leon, bruce springsteen, U2, def leppard, bon jovi, oasis etc.

If someone has this exact setup please could you listen to a few of them artists then articulate the sound style I would hear.

Im after a sound thats basically like listening to a live performance when i close my eyes. Good imaging, crisp vocals etc.

Any helpful reply would be awesome. Big thank you to everyone in this community thats helped me so far in various topics.

Other headphone ive been pointed towards is audeze el8 closed back

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #13,625 of 42,765
Some people Just can't go Somewhere and demo

I would imagine if this has been the case, just like their other equipment, Head Phones, DAP's CD players, speakers etc., they would take a chance and purchase a piece of equipment having completed their own research.
blink.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #13,626 of 42,765
I would imagine if this has been the case, just like their other equipment, Head Phones, DAP's CD players, speakers etc., they would take a chance and purchase a piece of equipment having completed their own research.
:blink:

Is this aimed at me? No shop sells the k712 anywhere near within a 2hour drive. I would love to demo a few quality headphones, im gutted its not that easy where im from

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #13,627 of 42,765

blink.gif

Is this aimed at me? No shop sells the k712 anywhere near within a 2hour drive. I would love to demo a few quality headphones, im gutted its not that easy where im from

Have you phoned Audio-T or Richer Sounds?  They might be able to assist (not saying definitely, but nothing to be lost by phoning & asking...)

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #13,628 of 42,765

My reply was to NaiveSound 

Some people Just can't go Somewhere and demo

I am saying if someone is unable to demo something, they would, as they would with most things in life, either buy it or not. They would do their research and make a decision that is suitable to themselves. You win some you lose some

I don't know if this applies to you or not, as I relied to his comment only.
But I would still say the same thing.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #13,629 of 42,765
Have you phoned Audio-T or Richer Sounds?  They might be able to assist (not saying definitely, but nothing to be lost by phoning & asking...)

Im going to both stores within the next few days as they have a demo mojo. I'll try the EL8. Neither stock the k712. I'll demo a grado, maybe it will give me a baseline of what to expect from k712... im not sure.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #13,630 of 42,765
My reply was to NaiveSound 

I am saying if someone is unable to demo something, they would, as they would with most things in life, either buy it or not. They would do their research and make a decision that is suitable to themselves. You win some you lose some

I don't know if this applies to you or not, as I relied to his comment only.

But I would still say the same thing.

Yes, I can see me buying them through amazon and returning if needs be, thanks

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #13,631 of 42,765
Im going to both stores within the next few days as they have a demo mojo. I'll try the EL8. Neither stock the k712. I'll demo a grado, maybe it will give me a baseline of what to expect from k712... im not sure.

I found Mojo very good when I tried in-store with EL8 and Grado SR325e. 
For the price per bang, personally I got the Grado that time around.

But on another visit I heard the HD800 they became my must get HP's. Eventually I saved up and got those too.
L3000.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #13,632 of 42,765

The short story is the headphones will sound like the headphones. I find that the Mojo doesn't colour the sound really at all, so besides a smoother tuning than the Hugo (read, slightly less bright, slightly warmer) the overall sound you will hear is from the transducer. In Robs goal of creating transparent gear I think he has succeeded with the Mojo. The flip side to this is that if you prefer colouration to balance out the signature of your headphone, ie. a warm sound to compensate for the 702`s relatively bright signature, then the Mojo won`t add much of that at all.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #13,633 of 42,765
The short story is the headphones will sound like the headphones. I find that the Mojo doesn't colour the sound really at all, so besides a smoother tuning than the Hugo (read, slightly less bright, slightly warmer) the overall sound you will hear is from the transducer. In Robs goal of creating transparent gear I think he has succeeded with the Mojo. The flip side to this is that if you prefer colouration to balance out the signature of your headphone, ie. a warm sound to compensate for the 702`s relatively bright signature, then the Mojo won`t add much of that at all.

Do more people prefer warm sound to bright sound? What do you think the Mojo is? Bright or warm? Or just slightly warm or just slightly bright?

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #13,635 of 42,765
First a little picture with Mojo&friends (The bottle supporting my HD650 had an active role in the evaluation of the device :p )

Well.. the Mojo played the last two days in my rig and i can say that every thing people hype about it in this thread is true, i will not repeat the praising just confirm it and i doubt that i will need a source upgrade for many years to come.

The one thing i didn't expect in the first night when it arrived was FALLING ASLEEP while listening!!?! - i know it may sound like a wrong thing to say but the idea is that this thing has no harshness and everything sounds so right and smooth with no "digital glare" that while listening to some acoustic+female vocals around 1 am i dozed off for a bit :p That never happened before, with my previous source, while detailed enough it had a harshness to the sound that caused listening fatigue after a few hours.. The Mojo, while extremely detailed, it has a more relaxed way of presenting those details and is very pleasant to listen to.. a more poetic comparison (courtesy of the wine) - the music feels like when you dive in a warm tropical sea, just the right temperature, not too cold, not too hot and u just float there :p

The majority of my listening was done through the Bottlehead Crack+Speedball - i only had a low quality 6.3 to 3.5 adaptor for the headphones and i got annoyed with the connection, more detailed comparison between amp/no amp  will be made after i source a better quality adaptor. However i noticed very good performance directly from the Mojo, but i still like the tubey sound from the amp more. Time and more tests will tell

Even as a desktop unit this thing is deserving every penny.. when im thinking that i also can just put it in my backpack and listen to my (previously homebound)HD650 wherever i travel... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back