Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 13, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #13,141 of 42,765
If using an Android Phone and you have a Tidal account you can have music played back without Android upsampling by using UAPP, not sure about Onkyo et al.

Manage your account online, create you playlists but play back through UAPP for the best experience of Tidal on an Android phone IMO.
I am not sure how iOS and the iPhone handle Tidal's 16Bit 44.1Mhz files

Can anyone who uses the Mojo with Shure SE535 or SE846 care to share your experiences? Or does anybody have any other IEM pairing recommendations? I'm a sucker for detail, but sometimes find myself craving a bit more 'body' for certain genres.

All tastes vary. I started of with the Shure SE535 but my own preferences had me seeking better. I have, in the short time of owning my Mojo, November 2015, purchased a few IEM's to try to fulfil my needs for "That" sound. 

To try to eek more from my SE535 I ended up getting custom full body tips from Snugs, as I had tried all different tips, these have improved for me the overall sound tenfold. I have only tried the 835 for a short time and although seemed to offer more in that short trial, were not enough to convince me to buy, especially as my regular goto IEM's are now my Finder X1 which, through a kickstarter campaign, cost $79 (about £55) but included 3 months Tidal HiFi so including p&p of £14 have cost me the grand total of £10.97.

I also have RHA T20's and ACS Encore Studio CIEM which are my favourite, but not used as much as my Finder X1

Point I'm trying to make is we all will offer different suggestions but my SE535's did shine with the Mojo but curiosity got the better of me and I'm happy with my CIEM and my Finder X1's

YMMV

gs1000.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #13,142 of 42,765
The Mojo supports DSD64 and DSD128 in DoP format over coaxial.

Full Mojo coaxial spec:

2) Coaxial S/PDIF 3.5mm two pole mono input - Capable of playing 44.1kHz to 384kHz PCM (768kHz special operation) and DSD64, DSD128 in DoP format.

There is no way to update the FW without sending it to Chord. I just tried DSD64 .dsf format from the FiiO X5ii over coaxial (DoP) and the Mojo plays just fine and the pretty white light illuminates. See pic below.

I'd check the iBasso settings for coaxial DSD output or ask iBasso if they support DSD in DoP format.

smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: If iBasso won't support DSD in DoP format I suggest converting the files to 24/96 PCM. I bet you'd be very hard pressed to hear the difference and you'll have a much easier time playing back across devices.

DX90 does DoP

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #13,144 of 42,765
Mar 13, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #13,145 of 42,765
Having owned the Mojo since its launch, today I used it for the first time off my iMac using Audirvana+ for DSD files. I left the settings the same as for my normal DAC amp, the Concero HP.
The Mojo battery was fully charged and left connected to a 2A wall wart. After one album and a bit, the Mojo switched off by itself. I powered it back on and it lasted a few songs before it went off again.
Something is wrong somewhere.
Any ideas?

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #13,146 of 42,765
Having owned the Mojo since its launch, today I used it for the first time off my iMac using Audirvana+ for DSD files. I left the settings the same as for my normal DAC amp, the Concero HP.
The Mojo battery was fully charged and left connected to a 2A wall wart. After one album and a bit, the Mojo switched off by itself. I powered it back on and it lasted a few songs before it went off again.
Any ideas?

Your selling your HP? I prefer my HP for computer use over my Mojo, both have awesome traits and compliment each other rather nicely. Your problem seems a tad wierd, msg Rob directly on here. He responds to questions fairly quickly.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #13,147 of 42,765
Your selling your HP? I prefer my HP for computer use over my Mojo, both have awesome traits and compliment each other rather nicely. Your problem seems a tad wierd, msg Rob directly on here. He responds to questions fairly quickly.

Hi,

Hopefully Rob will see the post.

My reason for using the Mojo was because I have plans to use its line out for a Stax amp. Anyway I may not sell the HP because when I switched back to it, you are right, it seems to sound better off a computer. Kindly do not bash me, Mojo lovers because I am not selling my Mojo. Most of the time it is used as a portable.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #13,148 of 42,765
Any ideas?

Odd. Check the battery light with the unit not charging. What colour is it? If it is not blue, then charge it with it off until the white battery light goes off. Then turn it on, check it is blue on battery. Then connect the charger with Mojo on, the battery light should go white. Now the charger is in trickle charge mode, and can stay in this mode forever. If the battery light does not go white, check the charger, and the cable.

Rob

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #13,149 of 42,765
Hi,

Hopefully Rob will see the post.

My reason for using the Mojo was because I have plans to use its line out for a Stax amp. Anyway I may not sell the HP because when I switched back to it, you are right, it seems to sound better off a computer. Kindly do not bash me, Mojo lovers because I am not selling my Mojo. Most of the time it is used as a portable.

We must have similar taste :D ive always thought about parting with my Concero series. But each time i listen it stops me dead in my tracks. Hopefully you can sort out your issue, the mojo is pretty darn epic. Funny thing is i have been wondering what it would sound like with the Koss ESP950.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #13,150 of 42,765
Any ideas?
If you playing higher resolution files and charging at the same time especially if the mojo is not placed on a hard surface being able to shed its heat through radiating it away or convecting it away. If the ambient temperature is high your Mojo will sense it's getting too warm and it will shut down until it's temperature has declined.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #13,151 of 42,765
Odd. Check the battery light with the unit not charging. What colour is it? If it is not blue, then charge it with it off until the white battery light goes off. Then turn it on, check it is blue on battery. Then connect the charger with Mojo on, the battery light should go white. Now the charger is in trickle charge mode, and can stay in this mode forever. If the battery light does not go white, check the charger, and the cable.

Rob

Hello Rob,

I am charging it off the 2A wall wart now. The light is white and when it goes off, I shall test it using your reply as a guide and update this post accordingly.

Thanks again.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #13,152 of 42,765
If you playing higher resolution files and charging at the same time especially if the mojo is not placed on a hard surface being able to shed its heat through radiating it away or convecting it away. If the ambient temperature is high your Mojo will sense it's getting too warm and it will shut down until it's temperature has declined.

Hi,

It was resting on a hard table. Granted I live in the Tropics and the Aircon is not on (it was mid afternoon then) but today is not a blazing hot day.

Anyway I have seen Rob's comment and I'm charging it now

Thanks.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #13,153 of 42,765
We must have similar taste :D ive always thought about parting with my Concero series. But each time i listen it stops me dead in my tracks. Hopefully you can sort out your issue, the mojo is pretty darn epic. Funny thing is i have been wondering what it would sound like with the Koss ESP950.

It is indeed coincidental.

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #13,154 of 42,765
Interesting. Haven't read about a red and white before. IIRC the low battery indicator is just red blinking on/off, but I only saw that once, long ago.

To follow up on this...

Turned my mojo off an hour or two ago and left it on the charger where it'd been.

Noticed it was doing the slow pulse light so i unplugged and replugged it. back to solid white charge light.

anthing to be worried about?

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #13,155 of 42,765
To follow up on this...

Turned my mojo off an hour or two ago and left it on the charger where it'd been.

Noticed it was doing the slow pulse light so i unplugged and replugged it. back to solid white charge light.

anthing to be worried about?

Slow pulse white light? maybe it wasn't getting a proper connection at the USB port? I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back