Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 6, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #12,571 of 42,765
  Mojo plugged into my valve monoblocs and Audio Note AZ-2 speakers. Transport is a fanless pc
See picture here http://www.tonyhedley.co.uk/gallery.html
You can just make out mojo playing at 96kHz (3 green balls)

very cool.
this is literally the setup i was going to do.
ordering my mojo now, should be one of the team later this week.

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #12,572 of 42,765
I just subbed this thread and this thread is so long and I am not sure I can read all of posts on this thread. Is there anyone who has LoToo Paw Gold DAP? How is SQ comparing (A) LoToo Paw Gold only with (B) Mobile phone with MoJo combo? I prefer going for option B but not sure how it compares with LoToo Paw Gold (without external dac/amp) in terms of sound quality. It would greatly helpful if anyone can share feedback or impressions. Thank you. :)

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #12,573 of 42,765
  I just subbed this thread and this thread is so long and I am not sure I can read all of posts on this thread. Is there anyone who has LoToo Paw Gold DAP? How is SQ comparing (A) LoToo Paw Gold only with (B) Mobile phone with MoJo combo? I prefer going for option B but not sure how it compares with LoToo Paw Gold (without external dac/amp) in terms of sound quality. It would greatly helpful if anyone can share feedback or impressions. Thank you. :)

Won't have my Mojo until later this week but from reading the thread for many weeks my understanding is sound quality will not be affected by the device used. Only the source material.

From what I understand you could have a $20 Android prepaid phone or a $3000 DAP with USB audio output and they'll both sound the same given you play the same songs.

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #12,576 of 42,765
@vapman I didn't realize your purchased the MOJO, congrats bro. Interested in your impressions bro, hope you love it.

Literally hit the order button 5 minutes ago. I'll def let you know how I like it, I hope I love it - honestly the fact that HBB among other reviewers I respect hold such high praise for it, I couldn't help not knowing what it sounds like.

If I hate it I got 14 days to return it.

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #12,577 of 42,765
Mar 6, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #12,578 of 42,765

I don't know how the Mojo voliume output works vs. a plain analog preamp or headphone amp. I don't want to accidentally go from nothing to full blast on it. Doesn't have volume meters or extra clipping protection etc like most powered monitors too.

If you want to use Mojo just for DAC purpose then just switch it on by holding down 3 buttons (balls) on the Mojo simultaneously and it will turn the Mojo into regular line level output. Be aware that you won't be able to adjust the volume from Mojo because it's now on line level output. You will have to adjust your volume of your speakers through your amplifier. Hope this solves your concern over Mojo.

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #12,579 of 42,765

The reason I'm asking is because there's only one 2 amp port remaining on my multi port USB charger to charge my Mojo so I'm wondering if it's okay to use that instead of a 1 amp port.

Mojo will only take as much current as it needs. It's been covered many times here. 1 amp is the bare minimum and 2 amps will be fine. I read also in use 1.7amps is the draw, so 2amps will be fine for carging whilst playing. I'm using a 2.1amp power source and it charges nicely all the time.

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #12,580 of 42,765
From what I understand you could have a $20 Android prepaid phone or a $3000 DAP with USB audio output and they'll both sound the same given you play the same songs.

Shhhh! That's fighting talk round these 'ere parts! :) 
eek.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #12,582 of 42,765
If you want to use Mojo just for DAC purpose then just switch it on by holding down 3 buttons (balls) on the Mojo simultaneously and it will turn the Mojo into regular line level output. Be aware that you won't be able to adjust the volume from Mojo because it's now on line level output. You will have to adjust your volume of your speakers through your amplifier. Hope this solves your concern over Mojo.

That's wrong, setting the mojo to line level only sets it to a certain output level which is approx 3v you can still then adjust it up or down, I believe @vapman want to connect it direct to a power amp without any volume control in which case setting at the line level wouldn't be advisable he would need to turn the volume right down each time before playing music to be safe !

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #12,583 of 42,765
That's wrong, setting the mojo to line level only sets it to a certain output level which is approx 3v you can still then adjust it up or down, I believe @vapman want to connect it direct to a power amp without any volume control in which case setting at the line level wouldn't be advisable he would need to turn the volume right down each time before playing music to be safe !

Thanks yes this is my situation. However after seeing @blueninjasix setup which looks like the Mojo into 2 tube monoblocks, i might just use it in DAC only mode when I am at home, and feed it into my preamp for volume control.

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #12,584 of 42,765
Won't have my Mojo until later this week but from reading the thread for many weeks my understanding is sound quality will not be affected by the device used. Only the source material.

I believe what decommo was asking is if anyone has compared the Lotoo Paw to a phone/mojo combo not the Lotoo feeding the mojo and I don't remember seeing any comparisons between the two in this thread though I may be wrong ?

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #12,585 of 42,765
I believe what decommo was asking is if anyone has compared the Lotoo Paw to a phone/mojo combo not the Lotoo feeding the mojo and I don't remember seeing any comparisons between the two in this thread though I may be wrong ?

Ah if that was his question I can't answer it. I may have mis read his post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back