Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 8, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #10,937 of 42,765
earlier today I was listening, and had forgotten which of the two I had hooked up, and I realized that, so I didn't look down and tried to see if I could pick out which it was by ear.  I couldn't.  They're that close in voicing.  I can easily hear differences in every other amp I currently have, but these two differences are crazy subtle, if existent at all.  

What kind of music are you typically listening to?

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #10,938 of 42,765

Does anybody else using JRiver and OS X have an issue with the Mojo not showing a white DSD 256 indicator when playing DSD files? I've been using a trial of it an Audrvana and JRiver.  I get Audrvana to work correctly but not JRiver.  I have it configured correctly near as I can tell.

Thanks

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #10,940 of 42,765
Does anybody else using JRiver and OS X have an issue with the Mojo not showing a white DSD 256 indicator when playing DSD files? I've been using a trial of it an Audrvana and JRiver.  I get Audrvana to work correctly but not JRiver.  I have it configured correctly near as I can tell.

Thanks

You probably are listening to DSD correctly, I had the same issue and mentioned it in the thread a few weeks ago and Johns Franks said it was more to do with the colours of the buttons not being an exact science and what should be white ends up being a slightly different colour (in my case the button turns to pink when fed DSF files)

So it probably is set up right :)

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #10,941 of 42,765
You probably are listening to DSD correctly, I had the same issue and mentioned it in the thread a few weeks ago and Johns Franks said it was more to do with the colours of the buttons not being an exact science and what should be white ends up being a slightly different colour (in my case the button turns to pink when fed DSF files)

So it probably is set up right :)

My Jriver software works correctly.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #10,942 of 42,765

I do get that kind of color response with Audirvana but with JRiver I get some shade of teal or green.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #10,944 of 42,765
I primarily use the small White square block chargers, the ones recommended in this thread.

Fair enough it just struck me that it could still be a problems with the charger especially as you mention about the LED slowly blinking white ?

I use a anker type charger with 6 outputs 2 of which are 2.1 amp and that's what I use to charge the Mojo

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #10,945 of 42,765
I do get that kind of color response with Audirvana but with JRiver I get some shade of teal or green.

I'm betting the correct settings can be found in the 3rd post but if not, scan through the images in the thread to find where I posted pics of them.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #10,946 of 42,765
Fair enough it just struck me that it could still be a problems with the charger especially as you mention about the LED slowly blinking white ?

I use a anker type charger with 6 outputs 2 of which are 2.1 amp and that's what I use to charge the Mojo

Yea there's something wrong with mine, it ain't the charger.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #10,948 of 42,765

I've pretty much done that as well as accessed several setup sites.  I keep playing with the settings.  It really is not a big deal.  I don't have that many DSD files to begin with and it does sound fine even though the color is off.

Thanks

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #10,949 of 42,765
Not really sure what that has to do with my reply, I use jriver on PC and Onkyo player on iPod and get the same results !

Thanks, just trying to understand the possible variables.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #10,950 of 42,765
I've pretty much done that as well as accessed several setup sites.  I keep playing with the settings.  It really is not a big deal.  I don't have that many DSD files to begin with and it does sound fine even though the color is off.

Thanks

Flac sounds better with mojo than dsd does anyway, deleted all my DSD's and got them in flac instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back