Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #9,556 of 42,765
It's better u can try it yourself and hear it. If u can't tell a difference, would it then be a problem for you?

I can do that, but i bet i will get a placebo effect. :frowning2:

On paper there should be 0 difference. I just want to confirm if i having the right assumption.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #9,557 of 42,765
It depends if either device outputs any noise over the USB that interferes with the Mojo.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #9,558 of 42,765
  It depends if either device outputs any noise over the USB that interferes with the Mojo.

I am using Ferite core Monoprice Micro USB cable.

And personally i hear zero noise when nothing is being played :)

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #9,559 of 42,765
I am using a ferite core monoprice micro usb cable. 
Also i hear zero noise when nothing is being played.

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #9,560 of 42,765
  I am using a ferite core monoprice micro usb cable. 
Also i hear zero noise when nothing is being played.

That's good. However electrical noise may not be audible, but may interfere with circuits in a way that causes distortion in the music. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #9,561 of 42,765

That's good. However electrical noise may not be audible, but may interfere with circuits in a way that causes distortion in the music. 

ohk just a simple straight forward Q.

Does it sound better with Laptop than playing thru mobile ?

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #9,563 of 42,765
I'd say it sounds better from my Android phone than from my laptop. You don't have to deal with temperamental Windows drivers with the phone.

Thanks buddy, now i m feeling good, cause i haven't opened my laptop from last 1 month :D
I am doing all my stuffs from my mobile n tablet.

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #9,565 of 42,765
Add another AK100 mk2 Mojo stack to the gallery. :)

Best stack fit. Ever.

:D

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #9,566 of 42,765
Please I need to ask, is it normal with other people's Mojo's that they now and again hear a click?

During quieter passages in music I hear a quite audible and clear click, maybe every fiteen to thirty minutes.

It's for sure only with the Mojo. I never heard it with my Meridian Explorer in the eighteen months I have used it.

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #9,567 of 42,765

Anyways i have a simple doubt, all nerds please clarify if possible.

If i play the same song(same format, same size) from my laptop and from my Oneplus one connected to MOJO USB input.
Will there be any difference in the sound quality/clarity/... ? (USB Cable also same, in mobile one addon, i.e. OTG Adaptor)

I haven't noticed any differences, well not enough to make a difference, not that I was looking or listening, not enough to steer me in one direction or another.
My OnePlus One and UAPP and Mojo suit my needs especially with the Network facility, so any files I have on my PC I can access via UAPP, hence personally I do not use as much with my PC. YMMV

Don't want to start a war or anything, but honestly can't see why would anyone insist using iPhones with devices like Mojo? All those connectivity issues, no micoSD slot, no removable battery... Not an Android fanboi myself, but the a G4 I use has both an expansion slot and a replaceable battery and works great with the Mojo via a $5 USB cable. Am I missing something, does iOS provide better sound quality somehow over that little port that my mundane G4's micro USB can't match?

Other members may just want to use the device they already own without needing to purchase another for using with the Mojo.
I am an Android user, but alas the OnePlus One or Nexus phones don't have expandable storage. Cannot bring myself right now to purchase a phone that does, just for use with my Mojo

(hence this combo below)

AK100 MKII

Please I need to ask, is it normal with other people's Mojo's that they now and again hear a click?

During quieter passages in music I hear a quite audible and clear click, maybe every fiteen to thirty minutes.

It's for sure only with the Mojo. I never heard it with my Meridian Explorer in the eighteen months I have used it.

I have not experienced this

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #9,568 of 42,765
OneTallGuy

Glad to hear your decision.  With some gear confirmation bias makes us think the new gear it better but that wears off after a while and you have to go off again in search of the high that comes with improvement.  That will not happen with the mojo.  It just keeps the smile on your face...

This is the acid test and one that gears have repeatedly failed for me.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #9,570 of 42,765
Is the Chord Mojo supposed to hiss with IEM's like the Shure SE846 or is my Chord Mojo defective?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back