Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 16, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #9,331 of 42,765
  Did you think a £230 dynamic hp has better mids than a £1100 planar?

I know, price is not always significant when you compare two audio product, but this is quite a difference. (Not to mention the difference between dynamic and planar drivers.)

Because the HD650 is known for its amazing mids. People in the oppo PM 2 thread, even said they prefer the HD650 mids, and the pm 2 is also a planar headphone.

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #9,332 of 42,765
Sorry I didin't realise this was a humiliation thread where I must do what others think. Or where threads can't be started for everyone's benefit. I do what I want, and I spend and use my money when I see fit.

Are you waiting for it to require the full 10 hour charge?

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #9,333 of 42,765

Did you think a £230 dynamic hp has better mids than a £1100 planar?

I know, price is not always significant when you compare two audio product, but this is quite a difference. (Not to mention the difference between dynamic and planar drivers.)

Because the HD650 is known for its amazing mids. People in the oppo PM 2 thread, even said they prefer the HD650 mids, and the pm 2 is also a planar headphone.

OK... I'm asking this nicely, but can we wind-down the headphone talk,  please?

No offence, but we already had some members taking liberties, with excessive IEM chat, just a couple of weeks ago.

Things haven't yet gone that far, with the present headphone chat, but let's not go there, huh?

Thanks for understanding that this thread is specifically for Mojo discussion
beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #9,335 of 42,765

OK... I'm asking this nicely, but can we wind-down the headphone talk,  please?

No offence, but we already had some members taking liberties, with excessive IEM chat, just a couple of weeks ago.

Things haven't yet gone that far, with the present headphone chat, but let's not go there, huh?

Thanks for understanding that this thread is specifically for Mojo discussion
beerchug.gif

You need to put headphones into the mojo to hear music out of it, I fail to see how thats not related to the thread.

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #9,336 of 42,765

You need to put headphones into the mojo to hear music out of it, I fail to see how thats not related to the thread.

Absolutely correct

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #9,337 of 42,765

Yes, that's true, and I agree. Please don't think I'm being overbearing - I don't mean it like that.

If headphones are being discussed in terms of synergy with Mojo, or Mojos ability to drive them to their full potential, etc., then that's entirely relevant to this thread.

It's just that more general headphone discussion can rapidly devolve into which headphone is better at this or that, completely independently and unrelated to Mojo, which is exactly what happened with the IEM discussion, very recently. I'm only trying to avoid a repeat of that.  Nothing personal.

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #9,338 of 42,765
Yes, that's true, and I agree. Please don't think I'm being overbearing - I don't mean it like that.

It's just that it can rapidly devolve into which headphone is better at this or that, completely independently and unrelated to Mojo, which is exactly what happened with the IEM discussion, very recently. I'm only trying to avoid a repeat of that.  Nothing personal.
You should leave moderators handle this.

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #9,339 of 42,765

It's just that it can rapidly devolve into which headphone is better at this or that, completely independently and unrelated to Mojo, which is exactly what happened with the IEM discussion, very recently. I'm only trying to avoid a repeat of that.  Nothing personal.

You should leave moderators handle this.

They can't be everywhere, all the time, on a forum as large as Head-fi.

Things ran amok for a couple of days, previously.

Only asking that things stay focused
beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #9,341 of 42,765
Mimouille - please don't try to paint me as draconian.

I did ask nicely.

Go back and read for yourself, as to whether the discussion was about Mojo or headphones in general.

This thread moves at a hell of a rate (albeit slightly slower, the past few days). If the thread devolves into all sorts of tangents, then it just gets harder and harder for newcomers to find clear info.

Feel free to PM me if you disagree. You know I am open to talking with you, whenever.
beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #9,343 of 42,765
After almost a month using mojo I can say. It has the best guitar timbre that I've ever listened to. Until Mojo,  NOS AD1865-NK with tube output stage was the king! 
The only complain about mojo is: Pleaseee give it the upper treble! I really miss the natural decay of the hi-frequencies, sounds like a brick wall filter sometimes :frowning2:

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #9,345 of 42,765
  On a lighter note - here's a fun way for peop's to try out the spatial abilities of Mojo:

www.head-fi.org/t/578970/a-great-way-to-test-the-stereo-imaging-and-soundstaging-width-depth-on-your-iem

The best way to test that is thru this recording:
http://www.marecordings.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=70

Only 2 mics superb recording, Ive been using this recording to evaluate imaging and I can totally tell you mojo is not the best  imaging dap out there 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back