Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 25, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #7,576 of 42,765

I'm wondering why they do not want to release specs for this. Although, I'm sure there is a reason.. there is a reason for everything I guess :)

Yeah, I'm super pleased with my Mojo as well as I was intending to use it as a portable (with ie800) and the ease to which it can sit on my office desk. This is definitely a top product of the year. I have not tried many portable solutions, but I'm sure I'd be hard pressed to find something better than this (taking into account the price).

But I was curious and wanted to compare this with my desktop amp (which really I should not), and that is where I found the HDVD 800 more detailed (chord mojo was muddy), spacious, and the music flowed more easily (smoother). Again, the Mojo is a portable solution, so really it should not compete with such a desktop dac/amp. In saying that, I'm sure it can compete with other desktop dac/amp but not the HDVD 800.

Did you check if your comparison is level-matched? I mean not by ear but by measuring voltage at the output and make it close as possible before comparing.

Those "more-detailed", spacious difference is usually a product of one amp slightly louder than the other.

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #7,578 of 42,765
  Try Konstantin at Lavricable the maker of this cable below, he may be able to help. Just ask for the length and end types required ie straight or right angled, micro B to micro B, sleeve colour, whatever you want. Just ask you never know

I will be doing just that myself in the New Year (ordered in principal but allowing Konstantin to have a break 
ksc75smile.gif
)

thanks so much but i am concerned he uses in it pure silver, and to my knowledge silver adds brightness which is something i like to avoid

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #7,579 of 42,765
  thanks so much but i am concerned he uses in it pure silver, and to my knowledge silver adds brightness which is something i like to avoid

You are right he does 
confused_face.gif

The search continues for you I guess.

I will let you now how they sound 
gs1000.gif

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #7,580 of 42,765
you have created a device that many will have to work so so so hard to compete with the mojo.

I count my self very lucky in meeting Rob all those years ago It took him a thirty year totally dedicated design life to achieve Mojo.
Actually the sheer scale of the electronics inside Mojo is at least five hundred times greater than that is available to a Designer who is using an industry standard Dac chip that's been designed to be manufactured in a chip foundry for just a few dollars each. So will we look forward to anyone that really wants to match the true performance of Mojo, but I think we might be waiting some time. JF
And I'll agree with you on your statement I think it's likely to be factually absolutely correct! :nerd:

"so far best device i ever bought in my last 3 years"

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #7,581 of 42,765
i really need an ultra short quality micro usb- otg cable to go with my note 3 as the one i bought off ebay causes crackling in sound that is 10cm in length including the connectors

its so strange why no one can point to a high quality cable that is audiophile approved and is ultra short

Plus one

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #7,583 of 42,765
[/quote

On www.sforza-audioworks.com and www.moon-audio.com you will find what you need.

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #7,586 of 42,765
Dec 25, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #7,587 of 42,765

Ive connected ZX2 to Mojo and it works.
DOP did not work for me, by the color  I think its transcoded into PCM (176 kHz) and sent to Hugo 

I am referring to using this specific cable - doesn't work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YWEHSQY

So that cable works for you ?

Could you please explain why this should not work with Mojo? Didi you already tried that cable? Other USB DACs (i.e. from Onkyo) working fine too with the Oppo Sony USB cable ( http://world.taobao.com/item/45493617058.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rxc9GH#detail ).

Yes, I did try that cable from Amazon. For this cable to work with Oppo, they have included a 20K Ohm resistor between pins-4 and 5 on the micro-usb side.
I remove the resistor and shorted pins-4 and 5, to see if it will work with HUGO. It didn't.

For it to work with HUGO, we need the Sony's WMC-NWH10. The above cable, looks like it isn't. 

The cable below, I linked is based of WMC-NWH10 (hence the larger housing and significantly higher price), they've just trimmed the usb female to micro-usb. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #7,588 of 42,765
Just listened to my Mojo the first time and it sounds amazing! Thx Chord!

One question concerning the upcoming modules especially the WiFi one:

what exactly will it do? I would love to be able to bind the Mojo directly into my home network and adress it as a renderer I could then direct cableless via the Bubble UPNP app on my phone in order to play all the flac & dff files from my NAS.

That is how I use my Naim Unity (though bound via RJ45) and this would allow me to listen to music without having to pack Mojo and phone together into a stack fiddling around with USB cables et al ...

Will this cableless solution be possible? If so call me in :)

Any release date already?

And which way will the modules connect with the Mojo? Using all 4 inputs?

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #7,589 of 42,765
Does anyone else notice tactile click feedback is different on each of the volume up and down balls? My down ball clicks less then my volume up ball.

Both work perfect though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back