Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 21, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #7,292 of 42,765

One last gif.
etysmile.gif

Well, I can see the 'Chord', but not the Mojo!

Perhaps the Mojo's are all wrapped up in suspenders and they can only be revealed at their destination.
blink.gif

Rectified
biggrin.gif
:

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #7,293 of 42,765
Is that a modified HD800? :grinning:

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #7,295 of 42,765
  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400770770569?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

just a heads up if not already mentioned these cables work perfect with mojo and AK120 ,cheap as chips!!

Ok but at that price it's got to have a standard (cheap) plastic core. It will work but not produce as good sound as a glass toslink with highly polished core or a cable with a highly polished fiber core such as one from Sysconcepts in Canada or Moon Audio. There is a reason why plastic core cables sell for $1.99 or so and the difference is very audible. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #7,297 of 42,765
Hey guys. First post here!

I'm a musician and avid music listener looking into purchasing my first dac/amp.
I have a pair of grado Rse-2s. I can spend about $600 for the holidays and it seems like the chord mojo would be an amazing buy.
My question is this: is the d/a conversion and amplification drastically better than what I'd get with an apogee duet? I was considering killing two birds with one stone and getting a portable audio interface also in the apogee duet but I already have a steinberg mr816csx interface and the mojo might sound better and be more portable.

I listen to mainly jazz, classic rock and New Orleans funk and traditional jazz. Let me know what you hi-fiers think.

Many thanks!

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #7,298 of 42,765
Dec 21, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #7,303 of 42,765
Hey guys. First post here!

I'm a musician and avid music listener looking into purchasing my first dac/amp.
I have a pair of grado Rse-2s. I can spend about $600 for the holidays and it seems like the chord mojo would be an amazing buy.
My question is this: is the d/a conversion and amplification drastically better than what I'd get with an apogee duet? I was considering killing two birds with one stone and getting a portable audio interface also in the apogee duet but I already have a steinberg mr816csx interface and the mojo might sound better and be more portable.

I listen to mainly jazz, classic rock and New Orleans funk and traditional jazz. Let me know what you hi-fiers think.

Many thanks!

Yes, it will be. I had the Apogee One, but not the Duet, but am fairly confident you will be better served with the Mojo as a dac/amp. And to light your way on foggy nights!

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #7,304 of 42,765
It should be noted that in order for the detachable ferrite device to work properly it must be as close to the phone as possible. I hVe a piece of two sides tape holding my phone in place on the table with the large ferrite device up against the bottom
Of the phone. Sliding it down the cck cable even a 1/2"
Introduces interference.

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #7,305 of 42,765

Sounds like a cold solder joint since the symptoms are works fine for a period of time, then gets progressively worse. However that's not something one would expect from a $100 cable, but can always happen hand made cables. Did Moon warranty the cable or at least offer to fix it?

Yeah, I believe it might have been cold solder as well.
The cable I bought from them was a Silver Dragon USB cable, so it costed $300 CAD.
The sheath on the USB A end was also coming off and when I sent them the picture, they said they can fix it for free.
But after trying to explain how that doesn't explain why it wouldn't recognize my DAC, they never replied again...
Also, they expected me to pay for shipping both ways in order to fix their incompetency and mistakes...
Shipping for international customers are just outrageous, so when you paid for shipping the first time, you would expect it to arrive as promised... 
Getting it fixed would cost the same amount as me purchasing one of their Blue Dragon USB cables.
Never again, my friend , never again... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back