Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 18, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #7,081 of 42,765
Sorry guys, this post is not totally off topic - I just learned how to post gifs.

It is about the obsession we all share - it sort of makes me feel better that I am not the only one!
cool.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #7,082 of 42,765

These kinds of questions are never clear-cut. With what music? With what headphones? What music format? Only CD quality or high-res? Do you want or need the features of the AK? Is putting music on to the player and/or micro SD cards suitable or a hassle? Are you willing to re-terminate all your headphone to the AK balanced system for best results?

I realise your situation is in reverse, so the best I can suggest is to audition one and compare it with your AK380 with your headphones and decide for yourself.

+1.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #7,084 of 42,765

Got a friend who's coming to see the Mojo tomorrow. I put nice things in nice places. He will get my opinion right away.
Then he will get the Mojo himself for sure.
The iFi got it's own stack stand so the Mojo gets it's own box.

that's just getting a little creepy m8 
eek.gif

This is more normal :wink:

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #7,085 of 42,765
eek.gif

ref your rep comment

Got a friend who's coming to see the Mojo tomorrow. I put nice things in nice places. He will get my opinion right away.
Then he will get the Mojo himself for sure.
The iFi got it's own stack stand so the Mojo gets it's own box.

eek.gif

ref your reputation comment... that's on a good day, lol.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #7,091 of 42,765
  yes indeed, about 4mm wider, perhaps? I like the fact that it's shorter than the X3ii, gives the IEM connector  strain relief when pocketed. Its a great hookup, chunky! 

Good to know that it is more than a paper weight - one that outputs 0's and 1's.
blink.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #7,094 of 42,765
Coaxial Digital Input not working?!

I purchased my first coax digital cable;
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OZCHJA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

and connected it to the output of a blu-ray player with a movie playing, and the Mojo provided no music, the on/off ball that indicates bit-rate is not lit.

then, I connected it to the coax output of a iFi Nano iDSD with hi-res, then redbook music playing; same result...no throughout to the Mojo.

Has anyone else tried the coax on the Mojo?

I so much do not want to send the unit back, as I enjoy it immensely having replaced my desktop DAC/AMPs.

However, I want the coax to work.

Suggestions?

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #7,095 of 42,765
  Coaxial Digital Input not working?!

I purchased my first coax digital cable;
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OZCHJA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

and connected it to the output of a blu-ray player with a movie playing, and the Mojo provided no music, the on/off ball that indicates bit-rate is not lit.

then, I connected it to the coax output of a iFi Nano iDSD with hi-res, then redbook music playing; same result...no throughout to the Mojo.

Has anyone else tried the coax on the Mojo?

Could it be the case that there is a setting in the bluray player that you need to access in order to turn on digital coax output?

I have no issues with coax on Mojo but mine is from the coax output of a DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back