Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 25, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #5,808 of 42,765
I dont know if I have done a good thing but I have made a Mojo issues thread. I outlined the things and solutions that I found in this Official Thread, all in one place. I hope that it makes it easier for newcomers to find answers.

As I stated it is not a mojo bashing thread at all.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-this-is-a-mojo-appreciation-thread-and-not-a-mojo-bashing-thread

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #5,809 of 42,765
Im a happy camper! Received my fellow head-fi member-made Coax cable today - specially made for the Fiio X3ii. All working well. Nice and discrete...woohoo. So nice to have my DAP working again. Phone was ok, but so much nicer to have the DAP ergonomics and aesthetics.

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #5,810 of 42,765
Here is the coax cable I made for Mojo (top). The other one is for micro iDSD.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #5,811 of 42,765
  Im a happy camper! Received my fellow head-fi member-made Coax cable today - specially made for the Fiio X3ii. All working well. Nice and discrete...woohoo. So nice to have my DAP working again. Phone was ok, but so much nicer to have the DAP ergonomics and aesthetics.

Glad it did work out that well for you, David. Appreciate your support. 
redface.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #5,812 of 42,765
think I'm going to need a coaxial cable once i get my mojo

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #5,813 of 42,765
  Glad it did work out that well for you, David. Appreciate your support. 
redface.gif

Thanks Martin. I didn't want to name you as the craftsman until you had given me the all clear!

for those interested, derGabe did a fine job with my special Fiio X3ii. cable

I did mod it slightly this afternoon, shortened it further and gave it a SUGRU makeover, came out quite well!! I can plug in my double plug system as well, without needing to unplug the player :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #5,814 of 42,765
Just been on a flight and the people in front of me were talking about the Mojo and the accessories that are coming out.  They discussed the SD module which allows you to plug in an SD card and play music in any format. It has 3 buttons at the end for play/pause, back and forward and is powered by an FPGA controller.  I don't know if they were dealers or people from Chord Electronics, but very interesting.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #5,815 of 42,765
  Just been on a flight and the people in front of me were talking about the Mojo and the accessories that are coming out.  They discussed the SD module which allows you to plug in an SD card and play music in any format. It has 3 buttons at the end for play/pause, back and forward and is powered by an FPGA controller.  I don't know if they were dealers or people from Chord Electronics, but very interesting.

Adding bluetooth such that an app can both display the tracks and remote control the module would basically turn Mojo into a DAP and there would be no need for any wires between phone and Mojo.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #5,816 of 42,765
  Mojo is the single best dac/amp I've ever owned. I had Hugo and I didn't even like it as I like Mojo. I always prefer active systems for Hi-Fi setups (Meridian system in the living room, Dali Kubik system in the bedroom) so I don't need dac only functionality. Hugo is maybe stellar in that area but its headphone output was on the bright/cold side for me. I like a little warmness but not too much. For instance, iDSD Micro was very powerful but also overly warm. It felt like eating desserts all the time, after a while you just want a salty steak or döner kebab, not a cake or pie. Mojo strikes the perfect balance. Its headphone output has a full, neutral sound with just a touch of warmness. I prefer that sound to Hugo's with headphones. Thanks to Chord Electronics, Rob, Frank and everyone else for making the single best dac/amp for daily headphone use. 

+1

I must agree.  I also had the Hugo, and I like the Mojo even better so far.  I just received the Mojo yesterday, charged it up and listened to it last night.  I felt like the middle bear of the 3 bears, because the Mojo performance was "just right"  For my listening room rig I am using STAX SR-009s driven by a Blue Hawaii Special Edition electrostatic amplifier which I have found near perfect after trying many other combinations.  The mobile combination of iPhone 6 > Chord Mojo > JH13 ciems comes closer than any other mobile combination I have tried.  

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #5,817 of 42,765
Get the Fiio l19 cable which works perfectly! I shows a few links to some others that work without the cck. I tried the "compatible" ones on eBay and it was a waste of time.

May I ask where u got that cable, it shows not for sale yet?

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #5,818 of 42,765
what is the cheapest otg transport that you folks are using seems my phone isnt able to support otg audio out
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #5,819 of 42,765
Will the Mojo work with a samsung tablet if yes which is the best app to play music from an SDcard?
Thanks in advance guys

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #5,820 of 42,765
Hello guys, I'm in Bangkok for 4 days holidays and I am back with mojo from Munkonggadget and charging it right now. During my session on demoing the mojo I can't get my Sony xperia zl Mobile phone to work it with mojo with USB otg using hiby player. The salesperson says it won't work with Sony Mobile phone. Any of you guys encountered it?
Another things is I need any headfier in Bangkok to help me find a coaxial cable to use with my dap. I thought they got sell it but they don't and they have no idea where to get it. I hope Bangkok headfier suggested that not too expensive because right now I have the mojo but can't listen to it. I will be leaving this Sat.
Thanks for anyone that can help out. The time here now is 2:15am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back