Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 7, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #4,366 of 42,765
  Nope 44.1 96 and 192k all show correctly.Red, green and dark blue. I'm really stumped!

That is really weird. Has DoP playback ever worked on other DACs, or with another software like Foobar? Have you tried other DSD files, such as the demo tracks from 2L? (http://www.2l.no/hires/)

As long as all the DSP Studio settings are unticked on JRiver, Mojo should do DoP without any issues.

It's often a problem with JRiver or Windows configuration, but the fact that your Mojo doesn't do DoP regardless of ASIO, WASAPI or KS is strange. I'm out of ideas.

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #4,367 of 42,765

No treble roll off.

There is absolutely no roll off in HF or Bass .....this must be a measurement artefact caused by the way it is being measured here. There will be plenty of caroberative reviews coming through that'll back this up ike the recent HiFi world review just out .....John Franks

Mojo does seem like it is fairly load-dependent in the high frequency.
That doesn't mean it will sound bad, but the load impedance causes more output voltage variations above 10kHz compared to many other DAC amps I own, like the Resonessence Herus done below with identical conditions.

FYI the plots I did below are at typical listening volume (around 200mVrms, so around orange to green light) so it's not at reference -10dBU etc. I don't want to blow up my IEMs in the process.

The Westone UM-Pro30 has 56 ohms (at 1 kHz), so typical IEMs with lower impedance will have a drop-off in the range of ~1.8 dB at 20 kHz, unfortunately with a distinctive start above 10 kHz already. Provided that your measurings don't suffer from the same errors that have happened to h1f1add1cted according to John Franks.

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #4,368 of 42,765

The Westone UM-Pro30 has 56 ohms (at 1 kHz), so typical IEMs with lower impedance will have a drop-off in the range of ~1.8 dB at 20 kHz, unfortunately with a distinctive start above 10 kHz already. Provided that your measurings don't suffer from the same errors that have happened to h1f1add1cted according to John Franks.

Yes, well it's just load sensing, so there's no reason to say one kind of amp performs better than the other. Having the output clamped to constant voltage is not necessarily the best solution anyway.
It's just that unless Chord gives us some insight to how the headphone amp works, I'm sure a lot of people would go frantic that it's not a ruler flat response. I think the same thing happened to Hugo a while ago, and yet nobody's complaining that it's a bad sounding headphone amp...

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #4,369 of 42,765
Is moon audio (Drew) the best place to buy them?

Yes, it is. Moon Audio is a family business and Drew is a responsible and professional business man. He takes care your order from A to Z with the help of his wife Nichole. The best communication with Drew is calling to follow your order since Mojo is a hot product nowadays. The delay is actually from the manufacture and is absolutely not from the distributor.

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #4,370 of 42,765
Nice yellow cover. Where did you get that?
Would you send me the link of sysconcept cable for AK100 & Mojo? Thanks.

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=349

I'd recommend the 5mm

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #4,372 of 42,765
can anyone explain to me how line out works on dac/amps?
i'm thinking of linking this to a elac b6 speakers someday (i don't believe they're powered, but i could be wrong).
would the line out function support the b6s or would i need to buy a separate dedicated amp?
and if so, any recommendations? 

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #4,373 of 42,765
Nice yellow cover. Where did you get that?
Would you send me the link of sysconcept cable? Thanks.

It came with the AK100. I believe it was bundled with the silver limited edition.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #4,375 of 42,765

That is really weird. Has DoP playback ever worked on other DACs, or with another software like Foobar? Have you tried other DSD files, such as the demo tracks from 2L? (http://www.2l.no/hires/)

As long as all the DSP Studio settings are unticked on JRiver, Mojo should do DoP without any issues.

It's often a problem with JRiver or Windows configuration, but the fact that your Mojo doesn't do DoP regardless of ASIO, WASAPI or KS is strange. I'm out of ideas.

My previous dac was the Ifi dsd Nano, never needed to use DOP. I'm really stumped. I also have a bunch of dsd iso's and a few in dsf. None of them will display in dsd, they all show 768k. I have 1 DXD album, it shows 192k. 44.1 96k and 192 all play properly. I can't get foobar to work. Will uninstall the Mojo driver tomorrow and reinstall. Thanks for the help!

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #4,376 of 42,765
@ksb643
Do you have event style enabled for wasapi?
Jriver wiki here has the required settings http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD#DSD_over_PCM_.28DoP.29

I don't see event style in the settings. Asio also doesn't work.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #4,377 of 42,765
Yes, it is. Moon Audio is a family business and Drew is a responsible and professional business man. He takes care your order from A to Z with the help of his wife Nichole. The best communication with Drew is calling to follow your order since Mojo is a hot product nowadays. The delay is actually from the manufacture and is absolutely not from the distributor.

Drew's also hell-on-wheels on the kart track. His nickname should be The Terminator as he lives to take people out! Cheers

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #4,378 of 42,765
  can anyone explain to me how line out works on dac/amps?
i'm thinking of linking this to a elac b6 speakers someday (i don't believe they're powered, but i could be wrong).
would the line out function support the b6s or would i need to buy a separate dedicated amp?
and if so, any recommendations? 

ELAC B6 is not an active speaker, so you should get some kind of amplifier to drive it.

Either you get an integrated amp and connect the Mojo into the line input like you would a CD player etc, (for that, you should switch the Mojo to fixed line output mode, by holding onto both volume buttons while turning the power on),
alternatively, you can connect the Mojo to a power amp, and use Mojo's volume control to adjust the volume.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #4,379 of 42,765

It came with the AK100. I believe it was bundled with the silver limited edition.

if you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up the ak100 from??

It looks awesome!

I got these from eBay. Seller had it listed for $430. I made the offer (citing the $399 listing for brand new mkII) and he accepted it.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #4,380 of 42,765

ELAC B6 is not an active speaker, so you should get some kind of amplifier to drive it.

Either you get an integrated amp and connect the Mojo into the line input like you would a CD player etc, (for that, you should switch the Mojo to fixed line output mode, by holding onto both volume buttons while turning the power on),
alternatively, you can connect the Mojo to a power amp, and use Mojo's volume control to adjust the volume.

thanks for that! simple enough to grasp even for a nub. :)
come across any uber valued integrated amps that would sync well with the mojo and b6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back