Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 26, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #42,226 of 42,765

I want one, but I won’t be amongst the first to buy one, I’m just going by their past releases. However I hope this release goes well for them.

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #42,227 of 42,765
Some of you might remember this: remember that first day you replaced your Mojo battery after it would die after a few minutes or a few seconds or wouldn't even turn on?

How awesome was that day?

On another note: has anybody noticed white/hiss noise after changing the battery while the usb charge cable is in the socket? It has been soo long that I don't remember whether there wasn't or was white noise?

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #42,229 of 42,765
Some of you might remember this: remember that first day you replaced your Mojo battery after it would die after a few minutes or a few seconds or wouldn't even turn on?

How awesome was that day?

On another note: has anybody noticed white/hiss noise after changing the battery while the usb charge cable is in the socket? It has been soo long that I don't remember whether there wasn't or was white noise?
It’s still there when battery gets full. I notice it even when charging MojoPoly together.

Jan 28, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #42,230 of 42,765
It depends on your power source. I'm using my Mojo with battery unplugged and an ifi iPower 5V power supply. I wasn't able to get it dead silent with anything else. I hate to advocate for a power supply making a big difference, but this was the one time that it was noticeable to me.

Jan 28, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #42,231 of 42,765
I use an Anker power bank and it even gets less warm than from my wall adapter; It is totally silent too. I really recommend using a power bank.

You could also get a linear power supply but I just cannot justify the price (better ones go for $150+ usd). And in most cases, the best linear power supplies have capacitors to act "like a power bank" and provide constant linear power, that's why most of them have power after disconnection. The power bank is just cheap enough and works really well.

Jan 28, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #42,232 of 42,765
I use an Anker power bank and it even gets less warm than from my wall adapter; It is totally silent too. I really recommend using a power bank.

You could also get a linear power supply but I just cannot justify the price (better ones go for $150+ usd). And in most cases, the best linear power supplies have capacitors to act "like a power bank" and provide constant linear power, that's why most of them have power after disconnection. The power bank is just cheap enough and works really well.
The Anker power bank makes sense. So you use the Anker power bank to charge after the Mojo battery runs out?

I prefer vinyl over all digital sources: the linear power supply price problem pops up every time I look at a phono stage. Makes me think about trying a power bank for my phono stage. thanks!

Jan 28, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #42,233 of 42,765
The Anker power bank makes sense. So you use the Anker power bank to charge after the Mojo battery runs out?

I prefer vinyl over all digital sources: the linear power supply price problem pops up every time I look at a phono stage. Makes me think about trying a power bank for my phono stage. thanks!
I think Anker used to get many recommendations in the earlier years of this thread.

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #42,235 of 42,765
I tried to closed my ears to this forum in the early days of the Mojo. I didn't want to believe a battery problem existed.
I assume if you search this thread using a keyword like Anker, you should find a few posts.
Yes in the early days, maybe a year after release, there was a mismatch between Mojo ideas posting that the design lifetime for the bespoke battery was 10 years (I need to check), and some owners posting about their batteries failing after a year. It was difficult for posters to understand why such a big discrepancy, and what the root cause was.

Jan 28, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #42,236 of 42,765

Yes, I try not to use it while mojo is on, mainly because it produces more heat, and in the end even if the battery is rated to work on hot temperatures the least heat you put through the battery the better.

Also, something that I personally do with all "battery-powered" devices is to never fully discharge them. It is okay to run them right down to 45% but under that, you're stressing the battery too much. It is good to cycle the battery and you can charge it completely, no issues there. You never really charge the battery up to 100% in any device for protection. (even if it says that it is, it's possibly at around 97-98%)

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #42,237 of 42,765
Здравствуйте!
Скажите есть ли принципиальная схема усилителя мощности?
Может быть есть статья о том, как устроен усилитель для наушников?
Hello!
Tell me is there a schematic diagram of a power amplifier?
Maybe there is an article about how a headphone amplifier works?

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #42,238 of 42,765
Здравствуйте!
Скажите есть ли принципиальная схема усилителя мощности?
Может быть есть статья о том, как устроен усилитель для наушников?
Hello!
Tell me is there a schematic diagram of a power amplifier?
Maybe there is an article about how a headphone amplifier works?
Plenty of diagrams on pinterest or diyaudio

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #42,239 of 42,765

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220131-131113.png
    Screenshot_20220131-131113.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 0
Jan 31, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #42,240 of 42,765
Note: pulled from reddit/headphones and user Hefty_Miner

Chord Electronics
Mojo2
Black Finish Only
Price: £ 449 (UK)
About 7 years after Chord Electronics created the portable headphone / DAC amplifier "Mojo", the new "Mojo 2" is released.
UHD DSP
・ Advanced DSP allows integrated tone adjustment over all frequency bands
・ UHD DSP technology operates at 705 / 768KHz
・ Uses 104bit and extended internal noise modulation
・ UHD DSP provides bass and medium The entire frequency band can be adjusted in 18 steps for each frequency band of bass, bass, and treble.
-The volume adjustment range has also been improved from + 18dB to -108dB. It has two types of operating ranges, low volume and high volume.
・ It is equipped with a new cross-feed mode with 4 settings controlled by DSP, realizing a space effect for listening like a headphone speaker.
・ Introduced a menu system
Equipped with a mute function, 4-step customization function, travel button lock function, tone control function, etc.
・ Digital input
USB-C input has been newly installed to increase the number to 4 systems, enabling more flexible support.
USB-C, optical, coaxial (including dual data for M scaler), and Micro USB installed.
3.5mm mini jack headphone output There are two systems, and up to two people can listen to music at the same time.
-Charging system
New FPGA-based charging system greatly improves battery management
This technology significantly improves charging speed, reduces power loss by 75%, and enables more efficient charging.
Increased capacity by 9%, improved performance and improved battery life to over 8 hours
-The "Intelligent Desktop Mode" technology has also been improved to support batteryless operation by redesigning the battery isolation and power supply.
・ Improved WTA (Watts Transient Aligned) filter to achieve 40,960 taps (technical indicator of interference filter complexity) using 40 DSP cores.
・ Improved noise modulator improves depth and detail, and improved 4e pulse array DAC reduces distortion and out-of-band noise.
・ Abolishes coupling capacitors to achieve higher neutrality.
・ Mojo 2 is designed and manufactured in the UK. Uses a high-quality aluminum housing with a black finish that has been sandblasted.
Mojo 2 is fully compatible with Poly Streamer / Server, allowing you to store and play up to 2TB of solid libraries when using high resolution streaming and microSD card slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back