Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 17, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #41,821 of 42,765
Thank you for the reply.
I do get your remark about the richness of the mids.
I've been experimenting with my 4-BA IEMs for the time being (Shure SE846 & Mackie MP-460).
The sound is truly awesome.
I own also the single DD Senn IE400 PRO which I look forward to listening to with the Mojo.
As for your recommendations, I was thinking about the Moondrop Blessing 2 as a candidate for a new purchase.
The IE400 pro (I have one) has a bloated bass that goes all the way to low midrange, also high treble is elevated (to my ears).
This is not Mojo's doing - on any equipment, it behaves the same.
If you are OK with a bit of EQing, IE 400 Pro's can sound very good, the resolution is quite high so is bandwidth extension, Distortion? what distortion!
I thought I warn you.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #41,822 of 42,765
The IE400 pro (I have one) has a bloated bass that goes all the way to low midrange, also high treble is elevated (to my ears).
This is not Mojo's doing - on any equipment, it behaves the same.
If you are OK with a bit of EQing, IE 400 Pro's can sound very good, the resolution is quite high so is bandwidth extension, Distortion? what distortion!
I thought I warn you.
Well, I am regularly listening to the ie400 on its BT adapter or an M11 DAP.
Especially coupled with the last and because this DAP does not accentuate the bass region at all they truly sound fantastic.
I find myself very much drawn by its stage and imaging capacities and the resolution is quite good. Everything is well defined and in place. It is an IEM with an incredible value IMO especially now that you can find it at less than 200 euro.
But I'm not sure how it's gonna sound with the Mojo. I'll let you know soon.

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #41,827 of 42,765
Thank you for the reply.
I do get your remark about the richness of the mids.
I've been experimenting with my 4-BA IEMs for the time being (Shure SE846 & Mackie MP-460).
The sound is truly awesome.
I own also the single DD Senn IE400 PRO which I look forward to listening to with the Mojo.
As for your recommendations, I was thinking about the Moondrop Blessing 2 as a candidate for a new purchase.
Going to reply by PM to keep the Mojo thread focused on the Mojo

Aug 21, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #41,830 of 42,765
Sorry for sounding like a broken record but last time I used my mojo was 2 years ago and it was through UAaP on Android. I got an iPhone on January and just got my CCK delivered, however I tried 5 different USB cables and none work…could someone post a link to a working one ?the only I have for Android was of course USB to USB C with audio so not working here

Aug 21, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #41,833 of 42,765
Anybody with a CA Andromeda on their Mojo?
Impressions please
I'm using the CA Vega and i would describe the combo as follows:
The Mojo's slight bass and treble rolloff (which produces the thick, rich and smooth mids we all love) coupled with the slight v-shape of the Vega yields something that can only be described as extraordinary!

Edit: When i die, i want to listen to the Mojo and CA Vega.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #41,834 of 42,765
Anybody with a CA Andromeda on their Mojo?
Impressions please
There is hiss if you are not planning to use something like the ifi iematch due to how extremely sensitive the Andros are.

Sound quality is excellent but can make the slightly bloated midbass sound even thicker at times. This can be something you like or don't like.

Aug 22, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #41,835 of 42,765
There is hiss if you are not planning to use something like the ifi iematch due to how extremely sensitive the Andros are.

Sound quality is excellent but can make the slightly bloated midbass sound even thicker at times. This can be something you like or don't like.
Thanks. I am already getting a hiss with my se846. That's a subtle buzzing sound that sometimes I hear between tracks mostly from the left channel. I guess there is something similar going on with the Andros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back