Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 23, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #39,586 of 42,765
is your use narrow (phone) or can you use the other inputs on Mojo that are a bit less (if at all) noisy?
Why I have to over engineer something that cost that much. I bought it as advertised “mobile joy” and mobile joy is not. I don’t agree that I should be trying this and that. As I said I owned two units. I was using a cable to connect it to my iPhone, stacked them together with an elastic band and the noise was unbearable. Consequently, for me this is a failed product. At the beginning I though I had a faulty unit but that’s not the case. This is an inherent problem with the mojo. That’s why for me is 5 stars as desktop and 1 star as mobile dac/headphone amplifier. Anyone else sharing this experience? Btw never had this issue with the dragonfly red and cobalt.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #39,587 of 42,765
Why I have to over engineer something that cost that much. I bought it as advertised “mobile joy” and mobile joy is not. I don’t agree that I should be trying this and that. As I said I owned two units. I was using a cable to connect it to my iPhone, stacked them together with an elastic band and the noise was unbearable. Consequently, for me this is a failed product. At the beginning I though I had a faulty unit but that’s not the case. This is an inherent problem with the mojo. That’s why for me is 5 stars as desktop and 1 star as mobile dac/headphone amplifier. Anyone else sharing this experience? Btw never had this issue with the dragonfly red and cobalt.

Yes, I share this experience as I stated above. I used the word bewildering. Bewildering that it has such insane RFI issues, that these issues are accepted by so many, that the designer says that this is an inherent issue yet no other portable I have tried has them, that the response is always "use some other crazy gizmo to fix 60% of the issue", and finally that Darko Audio called it product of the decade. Are you kidding me? This thing has a flaw bigger than...

No, I am not selling it, I like it with my high 300 ohm units where the buzz is not audible. :)

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #39,588 of 42,765
Yes, I share this experience as I stated above. I used the word bewildering. Bewildering that it has such insane RFI issues, that these issues are accepted by so many, that the designer says that this is an inherent issue yet no other portable I have tried has them, that the response is always "use some other crazy gizmo to fix 60% of the issue", and finally that Darko Audio called it product of the decade. Are you kidding me? This thing has a flaw bigger than...

No, I am not selling it, I like it with my high 300 ohm units where the buzz is not audible. :)
I agree. As I said it gets 5 stars as desktop but as a mobile dac/amp it’s a huge disappointment. Regarding the DA product of the decade I can see where he is coming from. The SQ is exceptional and it could have been the product of the decade IF this unit was mobile. I don’t get all these users that will defend a product which has a clear fault.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #39,589 of 42,765
I thought that sandwich would give issues. My version of mobile is taking it to work and keeping some distance between them.

I’m not sure actually how it’s marketed, to say you can use it right next to your phone, or what is meant by mobile.

I suppose it’s a pocket sized dac, rather than something that’s meant to be used like a Walkman... I don’t know :)

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #39,590 of 42,765

It wasn't an engineering question, just a simple question to see how you use Mojo. I felt he was trying to support. No need for you to be so sensitive.
I've not experienced the issue you describe, but I keep my mobile and Mojo separate as I don't want to hold a heavy brick combo when browsing my phone

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #39,591 of 42,765
It wasn't an engineering question, just a simple question to see how you use Mojo. I felt he was trying to support. No need for you to be so sensitive.
I've not experienced the issue you describe, but I keep my mobile and Mojo separate as I don't want to hold a heavy brick combo when browsing my phone
I didn’t mean to offend and my apologies if I did. I used the mojo only as on the go portable DAC/amp and therefore I could either stack it or wrap my self with cable later to keep them apart. All I am saying is that mojo was a good product that failed to deliver the advertised purpose. My surprise is that the community will be outrageous of poor designed products but not with the mojo. I would expect the return rate to be high but it seems that is not. I will not be surprised if mojo 2 will have the same issues.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #39,592 of 42,765
I thought that sandwich would give issues. My version of mobile is taking it to work and keeping some distance between them.

I’m not sure actually how it’s marketed, to say you can use it right next to your phone, or what is meant by mobile.

I suppose it’s a pocket sized dac, rather than something that’s meant to be used like a Walkman... I don’t know :)
It is marketed as mobile headphone amp/DAC that you can take it with you to improve the sq of your mobile device. In that sense the mojo failed miserably.

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #39,593 of 42,765
It is marketed as mobile headphone amp/DAC that you can take it with you to improve the sq of your mobile device. In that sense the mojo failed miserably.
Can you quote that from somewhere? That chord said that? I’m not sticking up for them, I’m just interested, as all us chord hags know the mobile signals cause interference, it’s an audio law of nature.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #39,594 of 42,765
Can you quote that from somewhere? That chord said that? I’m not sticking up for them, I’m just interested, as all us chord hags know the mobile signals cause interference, it’s an audio law of nature.
I am not sure why I have to prove that I am not an elephant but quoting from their site “Mojo is the ultimate portable DAC/Headphone Amp that allows you to hear more from your headphones – anywhere. A multi-award winner and listed product of the decade (Darko.audio), you can pair Mojo with your Smartphone, tablet, music player, DAP, games console, PC, Mac, or almost anything that allows audio out via USB, Optical, or Coax.” and I will hold them on the anywhere term. Also the dragonfly doesn’t suffer from the same problems. I have the red and cobalt and never had a single issue. Also they make reference to darko audio’s review where he is parring it with mobiles as a bundle. The argument of transportable instead of portable relates to size not interference noise and if the noise is something that was normal then don’t you think that this should have been highlighted with bold letters?

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #39,595 of 42,765
I am not sure why I have to prove that I am not an elephant but quoting from their site “Mojo is the ultimate portable DAC/Headphone Amp that allows you to hear more from your headphones – anywhere. A multi-award winner and listed product of the decade (Darko.audio), you can pair Mojo with your Smartphone, tablet, music player, DAP, games console, PC, Mac, or almost anything that allows audio out via USB, Optical, or Coax.” and I will hold them on the anywhere term. Also the dragonfly doesn’t suffer from the same problems. I have the red and cobalt and never had a single issue. Also they make reference to darko audio’s review where he is parring it with mobiles as a bundle. The argument of transportable instead of portable relates to size not interference noise and if the noise is something that was normal then don’t you think that this should have been highlighted with bold letters?
Chill dude, it says you can pair it, not you can sandwich it to a BIG signal generator.
You’d be glad of the signal generator when you’re trying to get a signal for your phone, but it causes interference for dacs.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #39,596 of 42,765
Chill dude, it says you can pair it, not you can sandwich it to a BIG signal generator.
You’d be glad of the signal generator when you’re trying to get a signal for your phone, but it causes interference for dacs.
So you don’t accept that this is a design flaw? Also I’ve raised that with Chord electronics and they claim that this shouldn’t happen and offered to send it for checking. The question is if that is a faulty device or an inherent design flaw.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #39,597 of 42,765
Spoke to Chord about the LED being purple when playing DSD files.
The pictures were taken with the DSD file playing (in foobar) one after another. From two different angles.

They told me the light is white, even though it's actually purple. The purple, they claim, is light leakage from the other LED's, even though the other LED's in those two pictures are orange.
What do you guys think?

04.JPG

0055.png 0044.png

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #39,598 of 42,765

You are kidding yourself if you think the Mojo is a 5 star desktop dac. I would give it about 3, max.

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #39,599 of 42,765
Spoke to Chord about the LED being purple when playing DSD files.
The pictures were taken with the DSD file playing (in foobar) one after another. From two different angles.

They told me the light is white, even though it's actually purple. The purple, they claim, is light leakage from the other LED's, even though the other LED's in those two pictures are orange.
What do you guys think?

In general think the colored balls are a stupid idea, especially since I am color blind. I hope Chord gets over themselves and ditches these balls ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back