Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 1, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #39,136 of 42,765
I've bought a hiby R3 to partner my mojo. Now wondering what iems/headphones would have good synergy with this set up
Me too, and after I have tried Android and iOS this is my best setup. It gives me flexibility and when traveling even I use the R3 with aptx IEMs if my Mojo left at home. I usually pair the R3 through COAX with Mojo but to be honest the differences with USB are minimal for me. If not R3, then iOS mucha better than Android. Stilll I need to test Mojo with iPad Pro and new USB-C port
Waiting for short time R3 Tidal evolves to allow offline

Sep 2, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #39,137 of 42,765
Me too, and after I have tried Android and iOS this is my best setup. It gives me flexibility and when traveling even I use the R3 with aptx IEMs if my Mojo left at home. I usually pair the R3 through COAX with Mojo but to be honest the differences with USB are minimal for me. If not R3, then iOS mucha better than Android. Stilll I need to test Mojo with iPad Pro and new USB-C port
Waiting for short time R3 Tidal evolves to allow offline

Also pairing the Mojo with the R3 and I love the combo, actually I love the Mojo for its SQ and the R3 for its perfect form factor for stacking and the quite nice UI.
Wanted to share an interesting experience...

I was listening to the Stack at work right now with my Sony EX800ST, and the R3 ran out of battery, so I connected it to a charger and wanted to isten to the R3 output while it's charging.
I really can't help it, but it's crazy how much I miss the Mojo! I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't enjoy the music. Going back to the Mojo makes me relax, the music feels fluid and it shines.
It is impossible for me to explain this feeling with a description of sound differences, but I have had this again and again. It's real. Mojo magic.

Great job @Rob Watts

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #39,140 of 42,765
WOW!
£299, some lucky people will pick up a bargain
I already have one but may buy another for that price. I don't have a poly though. Are they still problematic or now worth buying

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #39,141 of 42,765
I already have one but may buy another for that price. I don't have a poly though. Are they still problematic or now worth buying

I just bought one and have come to appreciate what it does. it took a bit of time to understand how it functions, but you eventually can get it sorted. I am also taking advantage of the 2 month Roon trial that was included with Poly.

I think early adopters are to thank for the Poly being relatively trouble free (now). if they hadn't endured the obvious teething pains Poly wouldn't have received the same amount of effort on Chord's end of things

Sep 2, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #39,143 of 42,765
I recently bought an ex-demo Christmas pack. The poly was still v1.26, so I had to update it to v2. The update instructions did confuse me slightly, but I found that Poly managed it herself.
Gofigure simplifies everything, and playlists work well, with a sound signature that has a dark background.
I agree about hats off to all of you who suffered for so long. That configuration pin annoyed me after just a few minutes.

Sep 2, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #39,144 of 42,765

I bought Poly in May last year. I wouldn't have left it with anyone unfamiliar with it as it was a bit of trouble.
With the current software and gofigure app, I don't have those concerns. I was always very satisfied with Mojo and took a punt on Poly's potential. I'm happy with it as it has made Mojo so flexible and (genuinely) improved Mojo's sound. Combined, (for me) they are worth every penny.
If you're not sure, give it a try at a local dealer.

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #39,146 of 42,765
When is the next major exhibition product upgrade due? I read some time September maybe but can't remember.

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #39,148 of 42,765
Hi @Rob Watts

I saw this old (2016) vur very favorable APx555 measurements of Mojo:

https://translate.google.com/transl...ttp://goldenears.net/board/GR_Amp_DAC/5904087

It was all positive but they noted one thing (below is Google Translate so maybe a translation error).

It's no surprise to me that Mojo has an earlier roll-off than your other DACs - you've said this was a deliberate design decision. So that is all clear and as expected.

The reviewer mentions PCM192kHz input still has a cutoff at ~20kHz.

But it seems like they are saying that with the FR cut-off at ~20kHz , for > PCM44.1 recordings there will be trade-off the time-domain (transients?) performance.

So are they right about Mojo's transient response trade-off here, especially for recordings over PCM44.1 kHz rates?

upload_2019-9-4_19-36-26.png

upload_2019-9-4_19-36-52.png

Sep 4, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #39,149 of 42,765
The graph is misleading. In numbers the drop-off reads as –0.75 dB at 30 kHz, –2.25 dB at 40 kHz, –4.05 dB at 50 kHz. That's a rather normal filter curve for 192 kHz, although definitely on the conservative side.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #39,150 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back