Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 4, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #3,736 of 42,765
I have just managed to catch up reading all the posts. Personally, I have no DAP, I use mobile phones with the Mojo. And I test and use tons. Currently, Sony Z5 Compact, Huawei G8, iPhone 6S Plus (main phone) and some other phones under NDA.

There is a lot of comments about RF interference. I get none using any of the phones. Why? I don't stack em. I even sit on the sofa say with my iPhone 6S Plus browsing, reading emails, Facebook, instagram whilst listening to the Mojo.

I don't spend millions are the shortest cable possible either. Gives me flexibility on where and how I use my phone.

I understand this may not be what everyone wants to do ie not stack etc.. I do have the devices side by side and that works btw.

Which Android phones would you recommend for the Mojo with these requirements?
1. Native DSD
2. Able to take 128 GB mSD; ideally 2 mSD's
3. Don't have to be current model

Thanks

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #3,737 of 42,765

1. Native DSD

Thanks

1. Not a function of the phone, unless you're saying you want something with an on-board DSD capable DAC.  As far as I know, with any Android phone, you're going to need a separate player app, with it's own driver, if you don't want the thing up sampling your files before they hit leave the device.
2. The only phone I know of that has two microSDXC slots is the Saygus V(definitely supports the 200 GB SanDisk cards).
3. Runs Android 5.1.1

Relatively unremarkable otherwise; build was average.

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #3,738 of 42,765
I have just managed to catch up reading all the posts. Personally, I have no DAP, I use mobile phones with the Mojo. And I test and use tons. Currently, Sony Z5 Compact, Huawei G8, iPhone 6S Plus (main phone) and some other phones under NDA.

There is a lot of comments about RF interference. I get none using any of the phones. Why? I don't stack em. I even sit on the sofa say with my iPhone 6S Plus browsing, reading emails, Facebook, instagram whilst listening to the Mojo.

I don't spend millions are the shortest cable possible either. Gives me flexibility on where and how I use my phone.

I understand this may not be what everyone wants to do ie not stack etc.. I do have the devices side by side and that works btw.

That's exactly how you prevent it, I usually don't stack smartphone and players or amp/DACs for that same reason so keeping those two physically separate is the best solution. If I ever stack it will be with components that don't transmit RF signals or have been shut off. If you do that, you'll never have any issues with RF, you just cut out the RF source.

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #3,739 of 42,765
can mojo pair with fiio x5 gen 2..?
now, my setup is fiio x5 gen 2, cayin c5 and aurisonics asg-2.5
and I'm planning to order mojo. does mojo bring big bass for my asg-2.5 ?
I don't want to miss that big bass.

thanks,
Joe

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #3,740 of 42,765
Do the volume lights change in the same color sequence as the sample frequency colors? What's the maximum color anyone has reached just for curiosity?

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #3,741 of 42,765
1. Native DSD

Thanks

1. Not a function of the phone, unless you're saying you want something with an on-board DSD capable DAC.  As far as I know, with any Android phone, you're going to need a separate player app, with it's own driver, if you don't want the thing up sampling your files before they hit leave the device.
2. The only phone I know of that has two microSDXC slots is the Saygus V(definitely supports the 200 GB SanDisk cards).
3. Runs Android 5.1.1

Relatively unremarkable otherwise; build was average.

That's exactly how you prevent it, I usually don't stack smartphone and players or amp/DACs for that same reason so keeping those two physically separate is the best solution. If I ever stack it will be with components that don't transmit RF signals or have been shut off. If you do that, you'll never have any issues with RF, you just cut out the RF source.

As Torq said. Something like a LG G4 is heavily reduced in price now from its new price is an option. But you will need USB Audio Player Pro app to get the best.

Totally agree musicheaven.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #3,742 of 42,765
Do the volume lights change in the same color sequence as the sample frequency colors? What's the maximum color anyone has reached just for curiosity?

Using a z1 compact I reached like pink.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #3,744 of 42,765

Yes, similar. The idea is the spectrum of visible light. Red to ultra violet and then white. At either end of the volume range the colours change independently and have finer volume control. The dB details from Rob are in my review.

I've only gone to double cyan (low-ish blue) with the LCD-2.2.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #3,749 of 42,765
@Relic wouldn't white be on the top (max) end of the volume scale and if so wouldn't that be too loud?

An emphatic yes! Unless your driving very difficult to drive cans. :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back