Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 4, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #3,766 of 42,765
That's exactly how you prevent it, I usually don't stack smartphone and players or amp/DACs for that same reason so keeping those two physically separate is the best solution. If I ever stack it will be with components that don't transmit RF signals or have been shut off. If you do that, you'll never have any issues with RF, you just cut out the RF source.

Wrong, I don't stack my G4 and i'm using a 0.5M cable with the Mojo 0.3-0.4M away from the phone and an incoming text stills causes interference.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #3,768 of 42,765
Maybe it's time to change devices or shut your cell transmission off.
wink.gif

Quite.

With my RSA Intruder (which seems particularly sensitive to external EMI) or my ALO Int+ OE, I don't need more than about 6 inches spacing from an iPhone 6S to be completely clear of interference, regardless of cable.

Hoping the Mojo is similar ... and expect it will be.

Stacking I reserve for my AK120.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #3,769 of 42,765
Can someone remind me how to change output to Line Level? Going to try Mojo as DAC / preamp into my Lehmann Traveller and then Prima Luna at home.

Press both volume buttons within 2 seconds of turning the Mojo on. You should see them change to double blue/violet colour.

Oops! Already answered. :wink:

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #3,770 of 42,765
Press both volume buttons within 2 seconds of turning the Mojo on. You should see them change to double blue/violet colour.

Can you still adjust the volume if you have set the mojo jojo to line level?

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #3,772 of 42,765
Can you still adjust the volume if you have set the mojo jojo to line level?

Yes, but to get to exactly 3V line level again you need to power cycle the unit and press both buttons again within two seconds. On the other hand if 3V is too much for your amp then you can lower the volume for less output. Typically 2V line out is the CD standard but I haven't measured the Mojo's output on any other volume settings so I don't know what colour 2V would represent. The headphone out is basically the analogue stage of the DAC and it's very clean so no worries about double amping. :wink:

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #3,774 of 42,765

Also note that after the Switch on Rainbow light sequence has ended that pressing the two volume balls together then alters the brightness. both dimming or Brightening the lights on the unit.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #3,775 of 42,765
One hour and no comments? That must be a record for this thread.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #3,780 of 42,765
I am curious what's the advantage of using those color based dome buttons? Is it purely esthetic in function or are there some technical merits to them or maybe both or none?

What I don't like about them is that it is very obvious to our other half that we have another toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back