Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 11, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #37,321 of 42,765
Well I bought a hiby R3 to transport my mojo, but when it arrived it rattled if you shook it. Bad quality. I'm going to send it back. What do you recommend as a decent well built transport for a mojo?

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #37,322 of 42,765
Well I bought a hiby R3 to transport my mojo, but when it arrived it rattled if you shook it. Bad quality. I'm going to send it back. What do you recommend as a decent well built transport for a mojo?

I was tempted by the Hiby R3 exactly for my Mojo. There seems to be a lot of people enjoying that specific combination with USB-C out to the COAX.

Could you share a bit more about your experience? TIA.

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #37,323 of 42,765
I never got that far. The build quality was not great and like I say it makes a rattley sound. I just want to change it for something else.

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #37,325 of 42,765
I know, just couldn't trust getting another one. Looking at other options now.

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #37,326 of 42,765
I never got that far. The build quality was not great and like I say it makes a rattley sound. I just want to change it for something else.
Sorry for your experience. I have got my HiBy R3 and with the latest firmware 1.12, it really sounds fantastic. I am using this directly with my Car audio (Toyota Solara) and iSine 20, EL-8 and Focal Elear. Stopped using Mojo in the Car and playing directly from HiBy R3.

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #37,328 of 42,765
Would anyone happen to know if I can use this bluetooth receiver's optical out to feed the mojo connected to my home system?

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously/dp/B07BQYYDNJ

I have one of those Avantree Oasis Plus units, but I use it the other way around - as a BT HD Transmitter (with optical input from my A/V system), sending music to my Radsone ES100 BT HD Receiver/Amp.
It works well as a Transmitter, but I haven't tried using it as a Receiver.

Sep 12, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #37,329 of 42,765
All, I am looking for an IEM recommendation to pair with Chord Mojo. I had a Shure SE846 which I enjoyed, but something that it is taken over by my wife. I looked at the Campfire Andromeda, but hear it does not pair quite well with the Mojo. The Massdrop Noble K10 drop is interesting, but it is also an old model. Could you folks help me out with IEM in 1k range that could be solid pairing for the Mojo. I listen to mostly rock music (mostly soft rock, like female vocals, some classical). A decent soundstage (need not be the largest), but a good deal of separation and detail/resolution would be nice. I cannot handle sibilance or microphonics. It is hard to go through thousands a pages (a testament to Mojo) to nail down what down I am looking for.

Could you please help me choose an IEM? From India, it is hard for me to audition IEMs in person. Thanks in advance!
Check some of the Empire Ears iem’s. I listened to them at canjam London and was very impressed.

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #37,332 of 42,765
All, I am looking for an IEM recommendation to pair with Chord Mojo. I had a Shure SE846 which I enjoyed, but something that it is taken over by my wife. I looked at the Campfire Andromeda, but hear it does not pair quite well with the Mojo. The Massdrop Noble K10 drop is interesting, but it is also an old model. Could you folks help me out with IEM in 1k range that could be solid pairing for the Mojo. I listen to mostly rock music (mostly soft rock, like female vocals, some classical). A decent soundstage (need not be the largest), but a good deal of separation and detail/resolution would be nice. I cannot handle sibilance or microphonics. It is hard to go through thousands a pages (a testament to Mojo) to nail down what down I am looking for.

Could you please help me choose an IEM? From India, it is hard for me to audition IEMs in person. Thanks in advance!

I know several very experienced headhphone users who think the pairing Of Mojo with Andromeda is great. And that's what I think also. I continue to use my Mojo with Andromeda. In fact, I haven't come across any headphone, in ear of full size over ear, that doesn't sound excellent with Mojo

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #37,333 of 42,765

I reckon you can't go far wrong with Noble K10 for rock. If you can find an Encore within your budget so much the better but the K10 is pretty special despite being an older model.

Sep 13, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #37,335 of 42,765
in answer to the battery conundrum... it appears confusingly that both replies are correct, here's the explanation...

Firstly, Rob's 'post' is correct, Mojo will indeed reach a point where the charger will match the current Mojo requires to remain on. No 'nett current' enters into the battery; but the battery will supply 'dynamic currents' if required.

The Service-Technicians advice slightly contradicts Rob's because they spend lots of time speaking to customers and users. Over Mojos life span Chord have gathered use/user case feedback and noticed that customers that leave Mojo plugged in all the time and switched on find that Mojo may switch off eventually... Rob is technically correct, however if you play and charge at the same time you need to leave a period of time where Mojo is switched off to allow the battery to fully recharge. Otherwise there is the risk that the net current out of the battery is higher than the charger can supply so the battery will still run low. This also means that the charger is running in high current mode for extended time trying to replenish the battery which is not optimum.

Finally, we have a safety timer built into the charge circuit that means if the battery does not reach full capacity after a period of hours ( approximately 15 hours ) which may happen if the battery is low and you play and charge at the same time then the charger will switch off and the battery will run down. This can only be reset by unplugging and resetting the charger... hope that clears any confusion over previous post.

So in conclusion... my personal advice would be to just unplug the Mojo & Charger from the mains now & again, hth.

Analogmusic: your question was raised recently so I've boosted my previous post to advise you... you can leave Mojo on continuously but it is also recommended that you unplug the Mojo/Charger from time to time to allow the charger to reset, hth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back