Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 1, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #36,991 of 42,765
Okey so its that kind of a discussion. Good.
I thought if the DAP would process the sound somehow before it send it to the Mojo.
Thanks again for answering
I guess depending on the DAP or computer software used, they may not send bit perfect data to the Mojo. But at least on iOS and Mac, I've not heard any difference as long as I set the output bit depth and sampling rate the same

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #36,992 of 42,765
Okey so its that kind of a discussion. Good.
I thought if the DAP would process the sound somehow before it send it to the Mojo.
Thanks again for answering
The big picture is that introducing noise via the ground plane, affects aspects such as the perception of transients and timbre. Adding items such as ferrites to the usb cable help to reduce the RFI, helps to remove the RFI, but the next stage becomes removing electrical noise generated by the source. It sounds complicated, but there is a lot of experience captured in this thread, which may help you.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #36,998 of 42,765
Thank you all for all the answers.

One last question. I read a lot that you get different sound if you pair the Mojo with a phone or a DAP or a computer. Why is that? Mojo just use the other device as a storage? It shouldnt matter if you read a file from a phone or a computer? Its the same file?

Try to use bit perfect playback and optical if possible and you wont need to worry about any of that.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #36,999 of 42,765
Thanks,

So what the efficiency should i look in speakers in order to drive it from Mojo?
Ideally an efficiency higher than 86db.
I was expecting 86db to be too low for the Hugo 2, but in practice I can enjoy listening at turquoise or blue volume (translate that to 2 to 3 V), so in theory maybe the Mojo would be OK.
My advice is to regard this as a 'proof of concept'. If you have a Mojo and a set of speakers, then try them. If the volume is too low, then don't get disheartened, but try again with a set of more efficient speakers.
:relaxed:

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #37,000 of 42,765
Ideally an efficiency higher than 86db.
I was expecting 86db to be too low for the Hugo 2, but in practice I can enjoy listening at turquoise or blue volume (translate that to 2 to 3 V), so in theory maybe the Mojo would be OK.
My advice is to regard this as a 'proof of concept'. If you have a Mojo and a set of speakers, then try them. If the volume is too low, then don't get disheartened, but try again with a set of more efficient speakers.
:relaxed:

Actually, i have HD800s HP and i'm looking to start the Speaker journey specifically a bookshelf one which has a compact size and a decent price if i'm right.

Aug 1, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #37,002 of 42,765
Any recommendation for a good passive bookshelf speaker that can be driven by Mojo without an outside amplifier.
I have recently bought omega super 3i passive speakers for desktop and they can be driven directly by mojo/poly as well as by hugo2. It gets louder then required for desktop scenario normal listening levels. Adding external amp did not added anything then loudness....

Aug 1, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #37,003 of 42,765
Then again some people claim you need a $500 USB cable to make the best sound...

Hate to be that guy, but I used to think USB cables didn't make a difference either. Then @HiFiGuy528 let me test his $500 USB cable vs a mundane cable and the difference was not subtle. I'm not saying that spending $500 on a cable to go with your $500 DAC is a good idea. There's a lot better bang for the buck out there. But the sound difference wasn't subtle and I'm sure anyone on this thread will be able to hear a difference if they give it an actual listen at some point.

Anyhoo, back to our regularly scheduled programming! :-D

Aug 1, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #37,004 of 42,765
Sorry Im really new to all this. What is bit perfect? Im going to pair it with Onkyo dp-x1a, can it do bit perfect?
And it doenst have any optical out.

Bitperfect is no extra processing before the DAC. Play it as it was recorded and don’t up-sample/down-sample. Android OS often will output everything up-sampled using Android SRC. There is a lot of information regarding this in the 3rd post of this thread you can get more details from.

Aug 1, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #37,005 of 42,765
Those omega's are stunning. If only i could accommodate speakers in my upside down life....headphones liberate my being....:headphones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back