Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 26, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #34,188 of 42,765
I think when you’re quick swapping you are trying hard to find differences and in a way your stressing your self out but once you get used to something those differences stand out by themselves and there’s no need for high levels of concentration.

Well, i think it would also depend on the individual. For some people, a quick swap is their way of determining the differences. For some, they are used to the gear, so a swap will immediately reveal the differences. So yeah, per case basis.

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #34,189 of 42,765
How does the Mojo compare to proper DAPs such as the offerings from Sony, AK, Fiio, Onkyo/Pioneer, etc.? Right now I'm debating on getting a Mojo + cheap transport vs. the brand new Sony ZX300. This will be powering Hifiman Edition X v2 / Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered, if that matters.

Oct 26, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #34,190 of 42,765
HI does anyone have average battery life run times on their Mojo? I know Chord claim it is 10 hours, but in real life usage for me, I guess with continuous use I am getting an average of 8 hours. Not much of a difference, but still.....

Oct 26, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #34,191 of 42,765
How does the Mojo compare to proper DAPs such as the offerings from Sony, AK, Fiio, Onkyo/Pioneer, etc.? Right now I'm debating on getting a Mojo + cheap transport vs. the brand new Sony ZX300. This will be powering Hifiman Edition X v2 / Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered, if that matters.

Extremely good, this is what I run with Fostex TH-X00 and AKG K7xx. I have a cheap transport, but debating the pros and cons of the new Chord Poly. Poly costs a lot though, which to me personally a cheap transport works just as well.

Oct 26, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #34,192 of 42,765
HI does anyone have average battery life run times on their Mojo? I know Chord claim it is 10 hours, but in real life usage for me, I guess with continuous use I am getting an average of 8 hours. Not much of a difference, but still.....

It can vary, according to a few different factors. For example, the impedance of your cans/IEMs/CIEMs, how loud you like to listen, etc. etc.

Somewhere between 7.5-10hrs is not uncommon. There is a vast amount of number-crunching going on in Mojos FPGA, and there are always trade-offs with electronic devices, as I'm sure you know, all too well!

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #34,193 of 42,765
My advice is this. If you really want to compare components, do not quick swap and do not bother to painstakingly level match. Just use component A for at least 2 months. Then take it out and use component B in exactly the same way. You will not have any trouble deciding whether or not you have a preference. The last time I did this I actually listened to component B at a lower level than I normally listen to component A. Nevertheless, component A was packed and sold and will never be used by me again while I am keeping component B.

If you can in fact get comparable or better sound quality from component B over component A, simply by boosting the level half a dB, then you should just use the cheapest one. The difference is not worth paying money for, if all you need to do is up the volume a fraction.

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #34,194 of 42,765
With the power button off, my Mojo will not take a charge or turn on. It will turn on and operate after the charger and cable is connected, but won’t charge. The charger and cable are good. I’ts just a year old. I’ve searched this thread and the Chord site and have tried to troubleshoot but still with an issue. Any last minute recommendations before I send it in?

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #34,195 of 42,765
With the power button off, my Mojo will not take a charge or turn on. It will turn on and operate after the charger and cable is connected, but won’t charge. The charger and cable are good. I’ts just a year old. I’ve searched this thread and the Chord site and have tried to troubleshoot but still with an issue. Any last minute recommendations before I send it in?

Dead battery. Replace it.

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #34,196 of 42,765
@Yourmomm. Yes, that's what I'm thinking....will contact dealer. Like some others in this thread, I thought that the battery should have lasted longer!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #34,197 of 42,765
My advice is this. If you really want to compare components, do not quick swap and do not bother to painstakingly level match. Just use component A for at least 2 months. Then take it out and use component B in exactly the same way. You will not have any trouble deciding whether or not you have a preference. The last time I did this I actually listened to component B at a lower level than I normally listen to component A. Nevertheless, component A was packed and sold and will never be used by me again while I am keeping component B.

If you can in fact get comparable or better sound quality from component B over component A, simply by boosting the level half a dB, then you should just use the cheapest one. The difference is not worth paying money for, if all you need to do is up the volume a fraction.

Volume gets overlooked so so so much.

Oct 27, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #34,199 of 42,765
According to specs Mojo, Hugo and 2Qute have same Chord Custom FPGA DAC

If I will be using purely DAC section towards Burson Conductor amp, is there any advantages of getting Hugo over Mojo?

AFAIK you can't use just the DAC section of the Mojo, the line out mode simply locks the volume of the output.

In other news, today I confirmed that my 2015 MacBook Pro has an optical out built into the headphone jack! Who knew? Not me.

I was looking into buying USB de-crapifiers like the Eitr, but instead I bought a $4.99 cable and am now plugging into the optical port of the mojo.
fistbump :punch:

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #34,200 of 42,765
According to specs Mojo, Hugo and 2Qute have same Chord Custom FPGA DAC

If I will be using purely DAC section towards Burson Conductor amp, is there any advantages of getting Hugo over Mojo?

Not sure why you would do that. The Mojo IS in fact a headphone amplifier. As such the Hugo is however probably a bit better. The advantage would be that you should definately be able to use the Hugo the way it is intended to be used, sell the Burson and spend the money on something useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back