Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 5, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #34,036 of 42,765
Yep...Only works with pc. So he would have to use his PC, and have to stomach NOT using his portable device, unless he fixes the problem, which he doesn't seem inclined to do. Simple. What would you suggest?

If it were mine I would open it up and re-solder the micro usb connector, I already did so with one of my headphone sockets, which now works perfectly.

The lead-free solder that manufacturers have to use nowadays is very brittle compared to the old 60/40 stuff and very prone to fracture. When re-soldering add a little lead based solder into the joint and it should never fail again. :)

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #34,037 of 42,765
If it were mine I would open it up and re-solder the micro usb connector, I already did so with one of my headphone sockets, which now works perfectly.

The lead-free solder that manufacturers have to use nowadays is very brittle compared to the old 60/40 stuff and very prone to fracture. When re-soldering add a little lead based solder into the joint and it should never fail again. :)

I would love to do it but I just have no clue what I'm doing and would hate to damage it even more

Oct 5, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #34,040 of 42,765
It's extremely unlikely it is Mojo - most likely it is the OTG cable. It's also possible that the phone has thrown a wobbly too, so try another OTG cable, and if that doesn't work, try another phone to make sure before sending it back to Chord.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #34,041 of 42,765
It's extremely unlikely it is Mojo - most likely it is the OTG cable. It's also possible that the phone has thrown a wobbly too, so try another OTG cable, and if that doesn't work, try another phone to make sure before sending it back to Chord.

I would agree. The idea that it was the Mojo was based on your reports that the problem was universal, 'with every source not recognising it'. The assumption was that you were trying more than one cable!

Cables, especially cheap ones, go wrong all the time. Bet you any amount of money this is all it is...

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #34,043 of 42,765

I just got the other cable and tested it out. It Is not working. As soon as I plug cable into phone the Mojo power button colors red. But when I play music it doesn't go through mojo.

New News.... I just got a different phone recently and when I plugged the Mojo to it via a USB c to micro usb OTG. The music played only for 1 second then it stopped then I have been having issues.

However when I went to an old phone and now with new otg cable the problem still persist. Maybe it's not mojo, but what can I do. Not even pc recognized mojo.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #34,044 of 42,765
Oct 5, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #34,046 of 42,765
Oct 5, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #34,047 of 42,765
That can be crossed off the list of possibilities by connecting a Micro-B usb cable to a computer. If that works, it's the cable.

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #34,048 of 42,765
That can be crossed off the list of possibilities by connecting a Micro-B usb cable to a computer. If that works, it's the cable.

I did that, mojo lights up, but windows does not recognize it or install driver or play audio when mojo is plugged

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #34,049 of 42,765
Anybody know of a cheap 24/192 usb to optical spdif converter?
The UCA202 is a great choice if you are on a budget, it improves the sound of your source and scales with cleaner sounding sources. The sweet spot so far has been the Jitterbug and UCA202 combo.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KW2YEI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gah. That's the one I was gonna mention. It's what I used to output TOSLINK to the Mojo.

It's limited to 24/48, though. If you want to play files that are higher resolution than that, you'd have to use DS (DirectSound; Windows default) instead of bit-perfect output in your player. Or you could convert the files to a lower resolution. (I use dBpoweramp.) They'd sound identical as 16/44 anyway.

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #34,050 of 42,765
I did that, mojo lights up, but windows does not recognize it or install driver or play audio when mojo is plugged
Perhaps I missed this, but are you using older version of windows(7 specifically?). Just checking if you installed the driver before plugging in. Windows 7 failed to install the device for me and had to install the driver manually downloaded from the Chord website.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back