Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 1, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #3,376 of 42,765
Oppo HA-2 has been sold, half of the investment of my Mojo is recovered. It really is that good and strapped with Velcro to my DX90 its a perfect Match.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #3,379 of 42,765
I suppose certain comments can be phrased a bit more delicately but the point is still the same. If there is a serious issue with your product then there is a warranty and the few cases where a Mojo has been returned has been dealt with efficiently(I think a straight swap was suggested when new shipments come in). Just have a little patience. From reports the hissing is occasionally annoying rather than a massive deal breaker. Mine actually cut out a few times when I placed my phone next to it but after some longer testing the problem didn't reoccur. I mentioned it once on the forums and didn't act like it was the end of the world or accuse Chord of underhand dealings as problems sometimes happen with new products and you just have to deal with it in a systematic and calm manner.

I like the post a few posts back where someone said they don't want to be an early adopter but, I assume expects help and feedback from people who were willing to shell out and deal with potential problems just so he/she can have a fault free product!

On the point about having to pay up front for the mojo and then going on a waiting list, as mentioned before, this is how the dealer operates so don't blame Chord for that. JF also mentioned that some dealers(like some potential buyers)didn't want to place too many orders early as they didn't know what the demand would be but then felt it was okay to accuse Chord of having issues! Also, there are other products where you have to pay the full amount up front when ordering. Not all companies do it, but if you're not happy with that then don't order and wait a few weeks/months later until they are physically available in the shops.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #3,380 of 42,765
It does but it's worst when the manufacturer is located abroad.

I tried to warranty a video card way back in the day. It was from evga, they are in Brea which is a simple drive. So I went there, they made me ship the card so they could use shipping tracking as a receipt of the item. So even though I wanted to walk out with a new card, they shipped me the warrantied card.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #3,381 of 42,765
Oppo HA-2 has been sold, half of the investment of my Mojo is recovered. It really is that good and strapped with Velcro to my DX90 its a perfect Match.

The Mojo, and the Hugo, really are game changers.  I'm thinking of selling my DAC V1 (which the Mojo beats) and getting a Chord 2Qute and a used NAC 92 to feed the NAP 100.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #3,383 of 42,765
  I have the Mojo running into my home system via a pre amplifier and it sound greats and IMHO better than my Hugo, which I have now sold

Wow, I'm now wondering how the Mojo stacks up against the Chord 2Qute (which has the same DAC section as the Hugo and which I'm thinking of buying).  The Mojo's certainly shown up the DAC V1, which I now find difficult to listen to after the Mojo..

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #3,384 of 42,765
I tried to warranty a video card way back in the day. It was from evga, they are in Brea which is a simple drive. So I went there, they made me ship the card so they could use shipping tracking as a receipt of the item. So even though I wanted to walk out with a new card, they shipped me the warrantied card.

I gather they just were not interesting in talking to a direct customer, having faceless support is less painful on their end. This seems to be a relative impersonal business and not a boutique shop where every customer counts so you had very little buying power. :wink_face:

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #3,386 of 42,765
I gather they just was not interesting in talking to a direct customer, having faceless support is less painful on their end. This seems to be a relative impersonal business and not a boutique shop where every customer counts so you had very little buying power.
wink_face.gif

It was quite the opposite, an employee came and sat with me for a while and I explained how the card was acting up. evga, is great, I just figured it would save time by getting another card that day, in the end it did not.

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #3,388 of 42,765
Having had the Mojo for a couple of weeks now, I've got a system balance quibble.

My main headphones are Fostex TH-900s, which I'm happy with when combined with the Mojo on decent to well recorded material, but I find the combination to be unforgiving with lower quality recordings. Unforgiving beyond the point of being tolerable to listen to for very long.

My other headphones are HD-650s, which are much more forgiving tonally, but I've always found them somewhat slow paced on more energetic forms of music (e.g. electric blues); which is why I bought the TH-900s.

So, an ideal match would seem to be a slightly darker sounding headphone than the TH-900s that has better pace and timing than the HD-650s. Ideally closed back, so they can be used anywhere. They'll probably only be used with the Mojo as a travel system, hence why I'm asking here rather than in one of the headphone forums.

Oppo PM-3s are the best option I've come up with so far but I'd like a short-list that I can then audition.

Any suggestions?

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #3,389 of 42,765
Really, I just saw a discounted ak100 for 599$ brand new from a well known internet audio store, I guess maybe they were not reading this post. :D

Beach Camera is selling a new AK100 mk2 for only $399 and the AK120 for $649. Cheers

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #3,390 of 42,765
Having had the Mojo for a couple of weeks now, I've got a system balance quibble.

My main headphones are Fostex TH-900s, which I'm happy with when combined with the Mojo on decent to well recorded material, but I find the combination to be unforgiving with lower quality recordings. Unforgiving beyond the point of being tolerable to listen to for very long.

My other headphones are HD-650s, which are much more forgiving tonally, but I've always found them somewhat slow paced on more energetic forms of music (e.g. electric blues); which is why I bought the TH-900s.

So, an ideal match would seem to be a slightly darker sounding headphone than the TH-900s that has better pace and timing than the HD-650s. Ideally closed back, so they can be used anywhere. They'll probably only be used with the Mojo as a travel system, hence why I'm asking here rather than in one of the headphone forums.

Oppo PM-3s are the best option I've come up with so far but I'd like a short-list that I can then audition.

Any suggestions?

They're not closed back, but since you mentioned pacing and timing, I would suggest the Hifimans or Ether. They are very quick, but admittedly, not as dark sounding as the TH-900's. 

If you absolutely need closed back, then Ether C or Audeze XC maybe? I liked the Ether more than the Ether C, however, and I haven't heard the Audeze XC. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back