Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 31, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #3,317 of 42,765
you forgot about the Hammers... shame on you.

You probably wish you hadnt tempted fate now. On the bright side, Gunners riding high, we have our Mojo back!

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #3,318 of 42,765
Just received my Mojo and putting it through the paces, so far really good with my HD800. One question though: my unit buzzes/hisses noticeably (can hear it from 50-60cm distance), when charging via USB. It becomes silent once the unit is turned on. Is this normal, or should I contact Chord technical support regarding it?

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #3,319 of 42,765
I loved that period in my life full of abandon & discovery... :tongue_smile:

saw the Blockheads a couple of times they were immense, what can you say about Ian Dury, the hero of the disabled... I used to go to many a concert, Dr Feelgood (Wilko, what a nutter), Cockney Rejects and the mighty Clash.. had a good few beers with Strummer in Brixton on a few occasions, he was a top bloke... :bigsmile_face:  

Saw Feelgood three times. Ultimate pub-rock band. They did actually top album charts briefly I think with their live album Stupidity. Johnson a nutter but he has come back from the dead. And a good album with Roger Daltrey last year.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #3,320 of 42,765
Let's hope that one of the add-on modules will be a Mi-Fi certified unit needing a single short lightning cable to interface to an iDevice, in a way that should be easier to obtain not having to delay the release of the main unit( Mojo).

Been covered before. No MFI certification foreseeable.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/1185#post_12008205

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #3,322 of 42,765
Been covered before. No MFI certification foreseeable.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/1185#post_12008205
I think you have got it wrong.
The actual mojo unit itself doesn't have mfi certification, because of Apple's requirement.

But one of the add-ons will have the apple chip, coz there is nothing proprietary in the add-on module.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #3,324 of 42,765
I think you have got it wrong.
The actual mojo unit itself doesn't have mfi certification, because of Apple's requirement.

But one of the add-ons will have the apple chip, coz there is nothing proprietary in the add-on module.

Don't think so. In order to get MFI certification Apple needs to know what the function of the hardware is and the full spec. This includes add ons and the device being added to. Chord will not divulge this information to Apple so ergo no MFI. The CCK and the extremely small USB A to micro USB adaptor posted earlier looks like the best short cable solution anyway. Better than an add-on that 'swallows' the CCK.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #3,326 of 42,765
See picture below from moon audio.

What picture?

I've seen the pics from Moon Audio. You can hold your breath if you want. FiiO is having an extremely hard time getting MFI certification for just a cable. Chord has said its not happening and the add-on just works with the CCK, not replace it.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #3,327 of 42,765
  Just received my Mojo and putting it through the paces, so far really good with my HD800. One question though: my unit buzzes/hisses noticeably (can hear it from 50-60cm distance), when charging via USB. It becomes silent once the unit is turned on. Is this normal, or should I contact Chord technical support regarding it?

It isn't supposed to buzz or hiss. You need to exchange it. 

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #3,328 of 42,765
What picture?

I've seen the pics from Moon Audio. You can hold your breath if you want. FiiO is having an extremely hard time getting MFI certification for just a cable. Chord has said its not happening and the add-on just works with the CCK, not replace it.
Sorry couldn't upload from phone. Linked to the page in my previous post.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #3,329 of 42,765
What picture?

Hopefully Chord take advantage of the remaining free space in the CCK-swalling add-on and stick an additional battery in there.  Otherwise it seems like an unnecessarily big block just to hide one end of a cable.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #3,330 of 42,765

Yea, this one. It does in fact seem to be MFI certified in that prototype, yet Chord said the accessory will work with the CCK. You can't go off a pic of an accessory prototype as they may not be the final implementation or certification in order to sell to customers. If Chord does get around this then I'll happily retract what I've said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back