Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 15, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #32,221 of 42,788
I've just tried and successfully used my Mojo with my Apple iPhone 7+, iPad Pro (12.9") and iPad Mini 4 with the cck cable and the lastest Apple update with no connectivity issues.

May 15, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #32,222 of 42,788
I've just tried and successfully used my Mojo with my Apple iPhone 7+, iPad Pro (12.9") and iPad Mini 4 with the cck cable and the lastest Apple update with no connectivity issues.

As I was reading your post my 6s+ running 10.3.2 Final silenced my lightning output although the music app still thinks it's playing.

So no fix yet. To anyone who is on iOS 10.2.1 - DO NOT UPDATE

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #32,223 of 42,788
Since Apple will release iOS 11 beta 1 in three weeks time at the WWDC I now don't expect non-beta users to get a fix before the iOS 11 general release in Autumn (the Fall). This time last year Apple messed up VPN for many iOS 9 users and didn't fix it until iOS 10. History will likely repeat itself - if there's a fix at all.

May 15, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #32,225 of 42,788
I just did a test with four apple devices.

One iPad Air 2
Two iPhone 7 Plus's
And one iPhone 7

Each of them was on 10.3.1 and every single one of them accepted the handshake with Mojo. I installed the latest update on each of the devices, and once again , each of them worked perfectly fine playing back audio with Mojo.

I don't have any older apple devices on hand to test but I do have an iPad Air 1 that i have yet to update to the latest version.

How many people here have an iPhone 7 or Plus and are experiencing issues with Mojo?

Does everyone else have an older iphone?

Please post what iPhone you have or if you have ever used a third party cck cable to connect to Mojo and are still experiencing dropouts or other connectivity issues.

iPhone SE with Apple CCK, latest iOS 10.3.2, iPhone says it's still playing, no sound coming from Mojo.
Fortunately I have an iPad Air 2 that I haven't upgraded.

May 15, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #32,226 of 42,788
Welcome to the club. I would recommend to read post #3 while you are waiting for your Mojo. You will find most of the answers for your questions there.
Most of us find the short cable pretty useless, I have never used it. Buy a nice longer cable for data connection. You will also need a wall charger, as Mojo is not charging from PC USB. The charger has to be 1A+.

Will this work? This is the cable I am looking at.

May 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #32,228 of 42,788
Dont know if its just me but since the forum switch i feel the posting activity has really slowed down, i used to come on to check my headfi subs most nights and there would be quite a few posts to read through even from just one day but now i can go away for 3-4 days and come back but theres still less. I guess a lot of people left?

May 15, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #32,229 of 42,788
Dont know if its just me but since the forum switch i feel the posting activity has really slowed down, i used to come on to check my headfi subs most nights and there would be quite a few posts to read through even from just one day but now i can go away for 3-4 days and come back but theres still less. I guess a lot of people left?
I've noticed the same. Plus I've talked to several people who have decided to walk away from head-fi because of the change. I'm ok with the change but it still needs some work. I'm sure Jude will get it all squared away in the coming months.

May 15, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #32,230 of 42,788
I've noticed the same. Plus I've talked to several people who have decided to walk away from head-fi because of the change. I'm ok with the change but it still needs some work. I'm sure Jude will get it all squared away in the coming months.

Yeah i can understand the change being too much for some people, after all the years of getting used to something its a pretty big shock especially without a notice. Even though its been much improved still it will never be the way they want it.

I miss a lot of the old features and i still cant find where my reviews went. Oh well.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #32,231 of 42,788
There's still a lot of work to be done, but overall, I find it less intuitive, harder to discover new threads, almost impossible to find a thread, and no way to search within a thread. I've actually found that it is easier to find threads if you google them. They should also add the shortcuts to your alerts, messages, etc on the front page.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #32,232 of 42,788
There's still a lot of work to be done, but overall, I find it less intuitive, harder to discover new threads, almost impossible to find a thread, and no way to search within a thread. I've actually found that it is easier to find threads if you google them. They should also add the shortcots to your alerts, messages, etc on the front page.

Lol thats what i have been doing to get around too.

May 16, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #32,233 of 42,788
Am i wrong thinking that the rca mini jack is a downgrade to audio quality compared to if it would have had right and left rca out to connect to a headphone amp?

May 16, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #32,234 of 42,788
Am i wrong thinking that the rca mini jack is a downgrade to audio quality compared to if it would have had right and left rca out to connect to a headphone amp?

Not when you consider that the designer feels connecting to a headphone amp is a downgrade in transparency.

May 16, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #32,235 of 42,788
Hugo has a rca out, but all outputs are connected to the same bus. It wouldn't make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back