Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #32,206 of 42,788
I just wanted to say it has come to my attention that post #3 has had its formatting (specifically all the nested spoilers) destroyed by the forum changover.

Those of you who know how much work has gone into that post, incrementally, during the past 2 years, will understand that I am mightily cheesed-off about this, but there seems little I can do about it, if the forum software won't properly support nesting.

I am currently considering my options, but extracting all the nested content into a long list will make such an enormous amount of information vastly more-cluttered.

@ all of you, there seems to have been significant improvements to rectify the issue of the new forum platform not correctly handling nested spoilers. This is great news, but if any of you (particularly those of you who are familiar with how the content should look) find yourself with 10 minutes to spare, I'd much appreciate you clicking through the various sub-sections and letting me know (via PM) if you spot any erratic issues with the way the information is being displayed. For example, I am myself experiencing erratic behaviour with the new platform's automatic truncation of long quoted entries, whereby my browser often fails to display the 'expand' option, to remove the truncation, even though the spoilers themselves seem to be unfolding correctly, as they used to do.

Cheers, all :beerchug:

May 14, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #32,207 of 42,788
Changes in manufacturing processes, needing to source materials from 2 or more different suppliers, or needing to find an alternative materials supplier can lead to these slight cosmetic changes.

To be honest it wouldn't bother me in the least, even if one is not going to be a perfect colour match for an add-on module. For me it's the function of the device that's important. As long as they sound the same then it's OK. The problem for me would be if they didn't sound the same.

May 14, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #32,209 of 42,788
Changes in manufacturing processes, needing to source materials from 2 or more different suppliers, or needing to find an alternative materials supplier can lead to these slight cosmetic changes.

To be honest it wouldn't bother me in the least, even if one is not going to be a perfect colour match for an add-on module. For me it's the function of the device that's important. As long as they sound the same then it's OK. The problem for me would be if they didn't sound the same.
Yes I agree, I am far more interested in how the music sounds, than what does the case finish look like. :)

May 14, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #32,210 of 42,788
Yes I agree, I am far more interested in how the music sounds, than what does the case finish look like. :)
I have an older Mojo (matte finish). And a newer USB Adapter Module (glossy). I think when they started having the seriel number etched into the Mojo they started having a glossier finish.

May 14, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #32,211 of 42,788
I have an older Mojo (matte finish). And a newer USB Adapter Module (glossy). I think when they started having the seriel number etched into the Mojo they started having a glossier finish.

I do not think, that is correct. I owned a very early production Mojo and now a newer one (46xxx) with the QR code. They both are matte finished.

May 15, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #32,212 of 42,788
Maybe a difference in config settings & DSP causing pre-DAC processing of the data stream between the AK & FiiO DAPs?

If both were set to default/neutral, you would expect there to be no difference unless AK & FiiO were somehow embedding their own "flavour" of digital data retrieval & presentation.

Could the difference in internal circuitry be a cause? Might the DAPs be trying to present to line-/headphone-out at the same time as data-out be a cause for interference?

It could be that the difference is in the digital output. AK uses optical while X5 uses coaxial.

May 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #32,213 of 42,788
Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #32,214 of 42,788
Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #32,215 of 42,788
fingers crossed we can now user our various DACS (etc) with apple devices..
my mojo is feeling abandoned...
Apple Releases iOS 10.3.2 With Multiple Bug Fixes and Security Updates
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/05/15/apple-releases-ios-10-3-2/

otherwise, if not, then it's still...: apple-ios-update-prevents-dacs-working-your-iphone
https://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-ios-update-prevents-dacs-working-your-iphone

The beta versions they released did not fix it. So don't think the final will either. :-/

May 15, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #32,216 of 42,788
Hello all,

I will be joining the ownership club next month and as I am quite new to this in general, I am a bit confused about the necessities. From the unboxing I've seen, you get a very small cable, presumably to attach to a plug for charging, but no cables to actually attach it to a source(in my case, my PC). Do I have to buy a USB connector separately and, if so, does it matter what sort I get so as not to affect the quality of the audio?

Many thanks.

May 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #32,217 of 42,788
fingers crossed we can now user our various DACS (etc) with apple devices..
my mojo is feeling abandoned...
Apple Releases iOS 10.3.2 With Multiple Bug Fixes and Security Updates
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/05/15/apple-releases-ios-10-3-2/

otherwise, if not, then it's still...: apple-ios-update-prevents-dacs-working-your-iphone
https://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-ios-update-prevents-dacs-working-your-iphone

I installed 10.3.2. on my iPhone… bug is still there. :\

May 15, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #32,218 of 42,788
I've had my Mojo for about a month now and have been running IOS 10.3.1 and now 10.3.2 with Apples CCK cable and my Mojo is working fine.

May 15, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #32,219 of 42,788
Hello all,

I will be joining the ownership club next month and as I am quite new to this in general, I am a bit confused about the necessities. From the unboxing I've seen, you get a very small cable, presumably to attach to a plug for charging, but no cables to actually attach it to a source(in my case, my PC). Do I have to buy a USB connector separately and, if so, does it matter what sort I get so as not to affect the quality of the audio?

Many thanks.

Welcome to the club. I would recommend to read post #3 while you are waiting for your Mojo. You will find most of the answers for your questions there.
Most of us find the short cable pretty useless, I have never used it. Buy a nice longer cable for data connection. You will also need a wall charger, as Mojo is not charging from PC USB. The charger has to be 1A+.

May 15, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #32,220 of 42,788
I just did a test with four apple devices.

One iPad Air 2
Two iPhone 7 Plus's
And one iPhone 7

Each of them was on 10.3.1 and every single one of them accepted the handshake with Mojo. I installed the latest update on each of the devices, and once again , each of them worked perfectly fine playing back audio with Mojo.

I don't have any older apple devices on hand to test but I do have an iPad Air 1 that i have yet to update to the latest version.

How many people here have an iPhone 7 or Plus and are experiencing issues with Mojo?

Does everyone else have an older iphone?

Please post what iPhone you have or if you have ever used a third party cck cable to connect to Mojo and are still experiencing dropouts or other connectivity issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back