Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 10, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #31,008 of 42,788

is it getting on your nerves yet relic? :p

No. However, I realize all too well that it gets a bit repetitive (on both sides of the fence).

/RANT

What gets on my nerves is when my trying to help, and also clarifying the technical implementations and capabilities of the device, gets mis-understood as extreme bullish fanboy-ism (as I read on other sites that shall not be named). I very rarely compare the Mojo with other gear unless asked directly, and certainly not if I haven't heard the device being compared to. I also never ever say that an individual is wrong for their opinion of the Mojo, good or bad. That's what I find frustrating.

Apologies all. Had to let it out. 
redface.gif

/END RANT

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #31,012 of 42,788
Looking forward to it. Any early thoughts as I look to pick up something today or tomorrow. ✌

iDSD Black label - extends well both ways, wider soundstage, slight reverb effect to sound, "slower" sounding, slightly brighter treble, nice x-bass and 3D features, powerful amp.

Mojo - extends the same to my ears, deeper soundstage, cleaner snappier sound, "faster" sounding, smoother treble, excellent timbre, less fatiguing. equally powerful.

ill note that these are not night and day differences it was a hard comparison to make.

if you are someone that spends much more time watching movies and gaming then id say take the iDSD for the x-bass and 3D

but for music its gotta be mojo

edit: forgot to mention that all testing was on done on AKG k612 Pro with different sub genres of metal, I know its not TOTL or maybe the best headphone to hear the differences but its one of my all time favourite headphone and thats more important to me.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #31,014 of 42,788

iDSD Black label - extends well both ways, wider soundstage, slight reverb effect to sound, "slower" sounding, slightly brighter treble, nice x-bass and 3D features, powerful amp.

Mojo - extends the same to my ears, deeper soundstage, cleaner snappier sound, "faster" sounding, smoother treble, excellent timbre, less fatiguing. equally powerful.

ill note that these are not night and day differences it was a hard comparison to make.

if you are someone that spends much more time watching movies and gaming then id say take the iDSD for the x-bass and 3D

but for music its gotta be mojo

edit: forgot to mention that all testing was on done on AKG k612 Pro with different sub genres of metal, I know its not TOTL or maybe the best headphone to hear the differences but its one of my all time favourite headphone and thats more important to me.

I have also done a comparison review of the two devices recently. I can agree with your findings. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #31,016 of 42,788
excuse naivity of this question: does it matter what source i use with combo with Mojo? Is there a difference between, let's say cheap smartphone+Mojo and Astell Kern DAP+Mojo in sound quality? I currently use Fiio x5 II and i have an opportunity to buy used Mojo for decent price, so im thinking on selling Fiio and buying Mojo and use smartphone as source.

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #31,017 of 42,788
@Deftone @betula
Was auditioning them earlier and agrees on the thoughts. I took half an hour on the IDSD but sat on with the Mojo for a hour and a half. The IDSD is more refined but somehow the Mojo just had that something to make me scrolling thru my tunes. Both have that little something over another and will have to decide on one. :thinking:

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #31,018 of 42,788
  excuse naivity of this question: does it matter what source i use with combo with Mojo? Is there a difference between, let's say cheap smartphone+Mojo and Astell Kern DAP+Mojo in sound quality? I currently use Fiio x5 II and i have an opportunity to buy used Mojo for decent price, so im thinking on selling Fiio and buying Mojo and use smartphone as source.

In my situation the difference between my Fiio X3 (1st gen) coax out and phone, Samsung A3 (2017) USB out, does not make a difference, at least not an obvious difference. Maybe the phone is very slightly better. To use the phone as a source is also more convenient to me, only 2 machines to carry, in stead of 3.

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #31,019 of 42,788
Mojo conveniently has two output jacks. You could get two mono 3.5 to RCA cables, one wired for left and one for right, and not worry about splitting it.

Can't see this working. You'd get no stereo separation as both channels would output the same signal. If it had been designed this way, Chord would have labeled one output"left" and the other one "right"

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #31,020 of 42,788
Can't see this working. You'd get no stereo separation as both channels would output the same signal. If it had been designed this way, Chord would have labeled one output"left" and the other one "right"

Actually its just dependent on the wiring of the cable, as mojo is blind to what's plugged into the headphone outputs.

All you would need is make (or have made) two stereo plugs and either only wire left to one and right to the other or two mono plugs and do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back