Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 2, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #29,956 of 42,765

Don't get it 
redface.gif

Do you mean different type of casings? Metal, plastic, etc? Wow... not sure I will have the time for it 
redface.gif

But this could probably gives some indication:

I made that video long time ago for my Fiio X3ii review.

Analog cable is for sure affected. But depending on many factors. That's where balanced interconnections shine.

Sorry OOT.

My point is that not only USB cable is the 'entering door' for EMI/RFI: casing, printed circuit design,analog cables, headphones and your body resistance if you are touching the casing or metallic parts of your headphones, etc.... I am pretty sure you are aware of it but probably not everybody is conscious.
In short words USB isolator devices are not allways sufficient for getting ride of interferences.
wink_face.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #29,958 of 42,765

If it sounds the same or worse, what is the reason for using the alternate adapter? Got any links?

To reduce mechanical stress on the connector.

Yeah because the weight of the adaptor and 6mm plug weighs on the Mojo port. Sorry I missed that in my post, I will go back and edit.

I have the Grado 225e but it's actually a Grado 225i with e-drivers. It's because it's a late i-version production model, which was the previous generation models. It means it came with a 6mm plug as the i-series did. Thus I had to buy the Grado Mini Adaptor Cable.

In Music Alchemist's photo, somehow it looked as though the plugs were so large they rested on the table. However I had to mention it though, just in case.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #29,959 of 42,765

My point is that not only USB cable is the 'entering door' for EMI/RFI: casing, printed circuit design,analog cables, headphones and your body resistance if you are touching the casing or metallic parts of your headphones, etc.... I am pretty sure you are aware of it but probably not everybody is conscious.
In short words USB isolator devices are not allways sufficient for getting ride of interferences.
wink_face.gif

Oh yea, aware of that. But as long as it doesn't make any audible noise on sensitive IEMs, I don't really bother. There is no ending to EMI test. But so far for practical purpose, USB isolator seems to be the only practical solution for USB DAC. It does make the EMI noise low enough to the level that it is no longer audible.

Feb 2, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #29,960 of 42,765
Maybe it has it all. Also, some owners say it needs a couple hundred hours to sound its best (honestly). :rolleyes:

Don't be surprised by that. iBasso themselves say it needs 200 hours to get to its best. And provide a burn-in cable.

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #29,961 of 42,765
  My thoughts exactly. I have already been looking at ways to fund a Hugo 2 
eek.gif

I've been looking at ways to resist buying it too soon, because I've already spent so much lately.

Oh, lookie! You have an Elear too. Just got mine yesterday.

Talk about paranoid... The day I get it, I have a nightmare about headphone bandits raiding the house and stealing the Elear! In the dream, I tracked them down and got it back. I remember screaming, "How dare you!" hahaha

The other night, I had a dream I was sitting in a classroom listening to an HD 650. Guess that means I miss it...and possibly school too. (Haven't been in college since 2006.)

If I understood your question correctly, the answer is quite simple. Because it is impossible to put a 1/4 inch plug inside a 1/8 inch headphone connection without an adapter.
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess you weren't following the conversation. I posted a photo of headphones with the Mojo. One was connected to it with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Then someone mentioned that it was recommended to use an adapter with a wire separating the two ends instead of the solid adapter I use.

i tried this a while ago coming from audio output of my motherboard, the results compared to mojo was cold, thin and harsh. going back to mojo was lush and musical.

You may also remember how back when I had a Schiit stack (Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2), I was not able to tell it apart from the headphone outputs of my laptop with easier to drive headphones. This makes my experience last night even more significant. I bet plenty of people would think that "trash" sound was just fine if they hadn't heard Chord before.

To reduce mechanical stress on the connector.

Yeah because the weight of the adaptor and 6mm plug weighs on the Mojo port. Sorry I missed that in my post, I will go back and edit.

I have the Grado 225e but it's actually a Grado 225i with e-drivers. It's because it's a late i-version production model, which was the previous generation models. It means it came with a 6mm plug as the i-series did. Thus I had to buy the Grado Mini Adaptor Cable.

In Music Alchemist's photo, somehow it looked as though the plugs were so large they rested on the table. However I had to mention it though, just in case.

Ah, I see. Well, when I plug it in, the plugs are indeed so large that they rest on the table, so they don't pull down on the Mojo. I'm not worried at all.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #29,963 of 42,765

I've been looking at ways to resist buying it too soon, because I've already spent so much lately.

Oh, lookie! You have an Elear too. Just got mine yesterday.

Me too, I've only been into my headphones since december. It's crazy how things escalate. It started with my RHA T20 iems, then came the Mojo. Then I thought I needed some good cans so bought some 400i's. I returned them and a day later I bought the Elears, now I find myself looking a the Hugo 2 
eek.gif

Had the Elears a few weeks, love them. You enjoying so far?

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #29,965 of 42,765

Oh yeah. It's probably in my top five favorite headphones already. I'm working on a long impression post so I can have it all in one place.

Thats good, I'll keep an eye out for your post.

On another note, has anyone experienced an audible 'click' in your headphones when turning the volume up or down? I noticed this for the first time tonight, it gets louder as you click up in volume. Is this normal?

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #29,966 of 42,765
If i want to use coax on mojo from imac is it normal practice to use a usb to spdif convertor even though the dac has a usb input? ive read these convertors are for people who have dacs with no usb input?

also something i don't get. when you connect an usb to spdif convertor to an imac it is the convertor that shows up in the audio midi settings and not the dac as far as i can tell. you see the convertor sample rate but not the dacs in settings. do you just assume whatever the convertor sample rate is that is the same as the dac is handling? what if the convertor processes a sample rate higher than what the dac can handle. if you can't see the dacs settings on the computer how do you know what the dac is doing. many thanks.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #29,968 of 42,765
Just received my Mojo, can't wait to get this baby charged up and ready to go. 

Question: How do I get my high resolution FLAC files onto my iPhone 7 to use with Mojo?

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #29,970 of 42,765

What I'd do is convert them to AIFF or ALAC with dBpoweramp.

Convert them to ALAC.  AIFF is uncompressed and will result in larger files.  ALAC will be slightly smaller than your current FLAC's - all the while remaining full resolution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back