Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #29,941 of 42,765

51bf7b06_ElearMojo.png

raw

It's been strongly recommended to get a wired headphone jack-converter instead of a rigid one like you have. Something like the Grado Mini Adapter Cable. (Picture of it below.)  It's suggested to use wired adaptor so that there is less weight on the Mojo headphone port.

Just in case, and for the benefit of others.  I recall Rob Watts (or Chord) recommended a wired solution.

Sadly it will result in some sound quality loss across a connection. However, probably little or no more than across the solid adaptor.

It's a shame there isn't such a thing as reviews and awards given to these accessories. Then we could chose the best. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #29,942 of 42,765
If I may suggest,one day you could also show how EMI/RFI is acting with DUT casing or analog cable (+) headphone (+) headfier .... :wink:

Don't get it 
redface.gif

Do you mean different type of casings? Metal, plastic, etc? Wow... not sure I will have the time for it 
redface.gif

But this could probably gives some indication:

I made that video long time ago for my Fiio X3ii review.

Analog cable is for sure affected. But depending on many factors. That's where balanced interconnections shine.

Sorry OOT.

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #29,944 of 42,765
In amongst the tech talk, which is very interesting. I particularly like what Relic days about balanced vs SE.
I thought that people who are carrying Mojo around might like to see my solution.
My old, spare iPhone 5S in a Barely There shell case Velcro'd to the Mojo original case.
I offset the phone to completely expose the Mojo's pretty lights. I quite like the way it looks. A bit less of a "stack" maybe.
Connected with s Forza Audio lightning to USB. Purely for the ergonomics of getting rid of that tiresome CCK. Although I must admit I paid the extra £20 for the hybrid cable "just in case"!
I'm not a cable believer and I am afraid that I refuse you listen to two inches of wire to compare. It's a very nicely made cable though.
The whole thing lives in the little pouch that I happened to have and generally lives in my backpack. It's also quite OK to just carry in my hand.
Anyway. Works for me and sounds fantastic.
Audio nirvana on the move transforms the most hellish journey on public transport. :)

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #29,945 of 42,765
  try this

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2107

I have the older type of USB isolator based on the AD ADuM chip, it works, but only compatible up to 24/96. The problem is Analog Device ADuM chip don't always compatible with sampling rate higher than 24/96, and not compatible with DSD playback. Not sure of the newer ADuM chips.
I already have the Elfidelity, good enough for now.

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #29,947 of 42,765
@krismusic - love this! I have a similar set up for my hellish trips on SouthernRail ... I haven't braved ditching the CCK adaptor though, incase Apple make an update that renders a replacement redundant.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #29,949 of 42,765
  It's been strongly recommended to get a wired headphone jack-converter instead of a rigid one like you have. Something like the Grado Mini Adapter Cable. (Picture of it below.)

Just in case, and for the benefit of others.  I recall Rob Watts (or Chord) recommended a wired solution.

Sadly it will result in some sound quality loss across a connection. However, probably little or no more than across the solid adaptor.

It's a shame there isn't such a thing as reviews and awards given to these accessories. Then we could chose the best. 

If it sounds the same or worse, what is the reason for using the alternate adapter? Got any links?

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #29,950 of 42,765
  Hi!
Compared anyone the SQ Chord Mojo and newly minted player iBasso DX200?
Who is the winner?
Thanks

I'd also be interested to know if anyone has compared the two, especially as this DAP is price comparable to a Mojopoly.

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #29,951 of 42,765
Quick newbie question: Does it make sense to activate DSP/upsampling in ROON or is the Mojo DAC taking care of this already? Thanks!

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #29,953 of 42,765
Hi!
Compared anyone the SQ Chord Mojo and newly minted player iBasso DX200?
Who is the winner?
Thanks
I'd also be interested to know if anyone has compared the two, especially as this DAP is price comparable to a Mojopoly.

You guys should read the DX200 thread as there's a couple posters commenting there that they prefer it to the Mojo and Hugo. Now, they really don't go in to much detail (as far as I've read so far) but they just say it's 'better' with more air and soundstage. I haven't heard the thing myself but as with any new product launch there is going to be a flood of posts to weed through, and more time, to get a better consensus of the product. So far it seems to me they all feel the DX200 is better than everything that's out there right now.

I haven't been able to get a solid read on the DX200 yet as there are many comments about the 'air' and clear treble, and then others say it's a warm DAP with forward mids. Maybe it has it all. Also, some owners say it needs a couple hundred hours to sound its best (honestly). :rolleyes:

Edit: A couple PMs later and I guess the DX200 is slightly colder than the DX90 and obviously the Mojo. Pick your poison.

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #29,955 of 42,765
  Tonight I switched back to the onboard DAC of my Alienware M11x R2 laptop and tested things for awhile.

(Amp: FiiO E11 Kilimanjaro. Headphones: Focal Elear, Koss KTXPRO1, JVC HA-SZ2000.)

Oh dear god...it sounds like utter trash in comparison.

Using the Mojo as DAC for the FiiO is better, but still a little crappy. Driving my headphones directly from the Mojo is far superior.

The Mojo really is worlds better. I can't go back to being without Chord. I just can't. Even more curious about the Hugo 2 now...

i tried this a while ago coming from audio output of my motherboard, the results compared to mojo was cold, thin and harsh. going back to mojo was lush and musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back