Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 22, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #26,221 of 42,765
Morning gents. I've recently got back in the game and ordered a Mojo and HD-650 in the hope of finding a very straightforward endgame setup for me. I used to have a BH Crack with all the trimmings and the Senns sounded immense through that. I was prepared for a downgrade but given it's been a few years since I've listened to a quality setup, I did expect more than what I've got.

In short, I find that the Senns sound almost identical direct from my laptop/Samsung S7 as they do via the Mojo. I've searched for comments about the pairing but I've seen very little. Have I opted for a poor pairing here? To my ears, the difference is negligible, equivalent to confirmation bias, and the sound is quite thin and recessed, whereas through my cheapo IEMs, the difference is night and day, and arguably sounds better.

Have I messed up with the choice of headphones? Thanks.

The AQ Nighthawk would have been a better match with the Mojo than the HD650.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #26,222 of 42,765
Page #1 of this thread should load faster, now, as there was an embedded youtube video from another member, near the bottom of the page, which I hadn't even noticed, this past 13 months. The Huddler platform seems to insist on pre-buffering embedded videos, hence the lag when loading pages with embedded video, on head-fi.

Totally innocent on his part, but just overlooked all this time, and he's been gracious enough to edit his post on my/your/everyone's behalf (thankyou)
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #26,223 of 42,765
Page #1 of this thread should load faster, now, as there was an embedded youtube video from another member, near the bottom of the page, which I hadn't even noticed, this past 13 months. The Huddler platform seems to insist on pre-buffering embedded videos, hence the lag when loading pages with embedded video, on head-fi.

Totally innocent on his part, but just overlooked all this time, and he's been gracious enough to edit his post on my/your/everyone's behalf (thankyou) :beerchug:

Thanks for the effort. Why are u not on Chord's payroll still? :rofl:

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #26,225 of 42,765
The AQ Nighthawk would have been a better match with the Mojo than the HD650.

Agreed, HD650 dun sounds good on Mojo too dark sounding and I really hate the infamous HF650's veil.
Nighthawk sounds so much better, faster, more transparent sound and more upper energy.

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #26,227 of 42,765
Thanks, guys. I should have done much better research, got a bit excited about the prospect of recapturing the BH Crack glory in a cigarette packet. I'll look into the Nighthawks.

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #26,228 of 42,765
Thanks, guys. I should have done much better research, got a bit excited about the prospect of recapturing the BH Crack glory in a cigarette packet. I'll look into the Nighthawks.

The Mojo drives them with ease. Once fully burned in, it offers a highly musical sound that for many people will be their end game solution. I'm personally building my system around them and am currently upgrading my source and chain to fully extract what Mojo is capable of.

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #26,229 of 42,765

Totally innocent on his part, but just overlooked all this time, and he's been gracious enough to edit his post on my/your/everyone's behalf (thankyou)
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the effort. Why are u not on Chord's payroll still? :rofl:

It's by mutual agreement - I'm not trying to be a martyr, and Chord aren't being tight.

It just keeps things much simpler, and you can be sure that I'm not shilling for anyone on head-fi.

Occasionally, I feel it important to state it openly, purely so that folks know that Chord are not directly responsible for this thread and so that folks know that I am not speaking in an official capacity.

As I remarked, yesterday:

I have built the content of the posts in page 1 out of a willingness to support what I consider a decent product, and to support other head-fiers. I don't earn a penny or cent from doing so.

@ ray-dude got closest to understanding.

I am convinced that one cannot do anything positive or negative in this universe without it being reflected back into one's experience, in some way, at some point in time (call it 'Karma' ,if you will). Money is far from the only way balance is maintained, in this universe, though surprisingly few people seem to realise this, in this materialistic day & age! LOL
wink_face.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #26,230 of 42,765
Agreed, HD650 dun sounds good on Mojo too dark sounding and I really hate the infamous HF650's veil.
Nighthawk sounds so much better, faster, more transparent sound and more upper energy.

+1.

BTW the NightHawk are only $328 @ Crutchfield

Be quick because the promotion is ending this week.  

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #26,233 of 42,765
I use mojo with beyerdynamic dt880 600ohm. this Beyer being a monitoring headphone, matches extremely well with mojo. some say this Beyer to be a bit bright but not at all with mojo. I listen to all kind of music including jazz, Bollywood, some western classical, 80s disco , piano and violin . the combo sounds great with all. I need to barely cross into dark blue range of mojo's volume.

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #26,234 of 42,765
  I had a look at amazon.de and it works out about £360. You'd lose the gain if you had to ship it back I guess. Up front it's a saving.

Even if you had to return it to say Amazon.de, shipping to Germany is like $33 for a USPS small flat rate box

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #26,235 of 42,765
So here's a question (and I did try to find the answer in post #3). At my desk I use Jriver, going into a Sony UDA-1, and into a pair of Audioengine2 speakers. Would I gain anything by inserting the Mojo into this chain somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back