Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 12, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #25,666 of 42,765
So with all this talk of new modules and a product approximately 2 years old, am I better off to hold off on purchasing with the recent price drop? I have stalked the Hugo/Mojo forums and am interested more towards Mojo as I am someone who is currently listening to streaming music and just want to enjoy musicality. So if anyone has a strong feeling I should choose the Hugo please tell me. And back to the first part of post - price drops at certain times of the year are used to begin to clear inventory for new models. I am attending CES in January and wondering if people much more in the know would recommend waiting to purchase or go ahead and enjoy the 50 dollar price drop?

Thank you to all the individuals that take time to help so many of us newbies become much more informed!

Marshall

More like barely over 1 year old as it was released on October 14th of 2015. Chord doesn't update their products like smartphones with minor incremental updates every year. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase now for fear of a newer product being released. The price drop currently is more due to the British Pound's worth than an imminent new product release.

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #25,667 of 42,765
Are you looking for something that replicates HD650 sound? Something different? Worn down? Over ear? BA? DD? Hybrid?
Hi I too just bought the mojo. I am loving it with my pm3s. I am looking to buy iems too, same budget $400-500. I am trying to find something that gives the pm3s signature but with a considerably larger or expansive soundstage and a just a very tiny bit more base, not overwhelming but just a tiny bit more prominent.

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #25,669 of 42,765
Hello Guys,
Bought Mojo few days ago, since then 90% of my time spend in headphones :)
Have a question, do you know any Bluetooth receivers with digital output that is possible to connect to Mojo?
Something cheap like https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016UF7J5C/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AW2M3QP950MKNHWZATMM need just as temporary solution.
Will SQ extremely decrease via phone - Bluetooth receiver - Mojo connection with APTx?

I think this will do what you want....I posted about it a while back, but haven't used it much myself:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/20430#post_12742813

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #25,671 of 42,765
Itif you don't you be spending $ each time a headphone isn't exactly what you want. That my friend is your decision however :vulcan:

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #25,672 of 42,765
So with all this talk of new modules and a product approximately 2 years old, am I better off to hold off on purchasing with the recent price drop? I have stalked the Hugo/Mojo forums and am interested more towards Mojo as I am someone who is currently listening to streaming music and just want to enjoy musicality. So if anyone has a strong feeling I should choose the Hugo please tell me. And back to the first part of post - price drops at certain times of the year are used to begin to clear inventory for new models. I am attending CES in January and wondering if people much more in the know would recommend waiting to purchase or go ahead and enjoy the 50 dollar price drop?

Thank you to all the individuals that take time to help so many of us newbies become much more informed!

Marshall

The recent price drop is mainly due to the recent fall in the value of the British pound, but will be short lived because it will be followed by an increase in the price of the components that chord import from overseas. Chord have also stated that this price drop will help to attract buyers of the mojo, which is the chord 'entry-level product', and they probably become the future buyers of Hugo, Dave, Davina etc. but what an 'entry-level', it puts most other dacs to shame.

My instinct is that these price reductions will have served their purpose once Christmas and the January sales are finished, and the price will be more likely to rise.

Also chord do not operate on the same 6 month product lifecycle of phone manufacturers, they are more like the standard 7 year engineering product lifecycle - so don't expect mojo mk2 for a long time. The add on module with SD card slots, will represent the mk2.

So if you can buy a mojo at a discount, grab the opportunity, because it will probably disappear soon.

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #25,673 of 42,765
Itif you don't you be spending $ each time a headphone isn't exactly what you want. That my friend is your decision however :vulcan:
thats good advice, cant keep spending all the time lol. I will try the different eq settings to fulfil tjose subtle changes. In any case I need to get a pair of iems for my walks. I have been recommended the shockwave III, j was looking at he custom art music one also, any suggestions are appreciated
Thanks

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #25,674 of 42,765
Hi I too just bought the mojo. I am loving it with my pm3s. I am looking to buy iems too, same budget $400-500. I am trying to find something that gives the pm3s signature but with a considerably larger or expansive soundstage and a just a very tiny bit more base, not overwhelming but just a tiny bit more prominent.
SE846

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #25,675 of 42,765
Appreciate it sir, i would love to have them but at $800-900 cad they are a little out of my price zone at present.
If anyone here has listened to the shockwave III and the custom art music one/two. Would you be abls to provide some feedback on which scored higher on the musical characteristics/tonality alone for you (cant judge universals and custom ones on comfort/fit). Those two are similarly priced at $ 300-400 cad and seemingly have good performances.
Thanks

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #25,676 of 42,765
Appreciate it sir, i would love to have them but at $800-900 cad they are a little out of my price zone at present.
If anyone here has listened to the shockwave III and the custom art music one/two. Would you be abls to provide some feedback on which scored higher on the musical characteristics/tonality alone for you (cant judge universals and custom ones on comfort/fit). Those two are similarly priced at $ 300-400 cad and seemingly have good performances.
Thanks

Onkyo E700M
The best value for money earphones I purchased.
To my ears they beat many earphones costing three times the price.
The sound signature is similar to what you are looking for.

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #25,677 of 42,765
Mojo cleared customs and should be here tomorrow, that's some really fast shipping from U.K. to Minnesota US. Can't wait to listen to the Mojo again. I had a lot of back and forth between the X3ii and Shanling M1 and figured that X3ii was the better choice. I like the native DSD play back and scroll wheel to name a few. The X3ii is fairly close in size as well. Definitely take pics of the X3ii/ Mojo with custom PETEREX cable when I receive all of it.

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #25,679 of 42,765
seems to be gone already cheapest price on ebay germany is 424,29 euro. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back