Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 8, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #25,411 of 42,765
Hello, I have a few questions.

Is the CCK more reliable than the Fiio L19?

What USB cable do you guys recommend to use with the CCK?

Has anyone paired the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 and Inear SD-2 with the Mojo?

Thanks.

I have both. When travelling I use L19 but the design is wrong as it does not allow to charge Mojo while L19 connected. At home I use CCK with USB/MicroUSB; when travelling need to take car as sometimes cables can be unplug

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #25,412 of 42,765
Now what? I power up my Mojo keeping - and + vol buttons pressed (LO mode) and the device starts in pale-violet mode instead of pale blue.
Even worst once shut down it keeps pale violet volume level.
Hints? TIA

That's the preset level. It's supposed to do that. After power cycling without holding down the volume buttons, you should be able to control the output level again.

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #25,413 of 42,765
Now what? I power up my Mojo keeping - and + vol buttons pressed (LO mode) and the device starts in pale-violet mode instead of pale blue.
Even worst once shut down it keeps pale violet volume level.
Hints? TIA

Holding down those balls provides the 'short cut' to the default LO mode voltage - but you can then adjust the voltage in the normal manner using the +ve and -ve balls.
There are two possibilities regarding the discrepancy in colour:
  • you have inadvertantly pressed one of the balls, and adjusted the output voltage
  • more likely is the natural tolerance in the led colours, plus the natural tolerance in peoples eyesight. Several posters have mentioned such discrepancies, purple to one person is pink to another, or blue to one person is a lighter blue to another person. So nothing to worry about, just try and remember which colours suit your LO needs.

The mojo will remember the last output voltage, so i think your mojo is just doing that. Owners have often mentioned that after using LO mode, it is good practice to reduce the volume before next using headphones, to avoid the risk of damaging sensitive headphones or ears.

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #25,414 of 42,765
is it normal that my mojo disconnects when i have it in my pocket?

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #25,415 of 42,765
Holding down those balls provides the 'short cut' to the default LO mode voltage - but you can then adjust the voltage in the normal manner using the +ve and -ve balls.
  1. you have inadvertantly pressed one of the balls, and adjusted the output voltage
  2. more likely is the natural tolerance in the led colours, plus the natural tolerance in peoples eyesight. Several posters have mentioned such discrepancies, purple to one person is pink to another, or blue to one person is a lighter blue to another person. So nothing to worry about, just try and remember which colours suit your LO needs.

The mojo will remember the last output voltage, so i think your mojo is just doing that. Owners have often mentioned that after using LO mode, it is good practice to reduce the volume before next using headphones, to avoid the risk of damaging sensitive headphones or ears.

The level is not adjustable when in the preset mode. Only after you power off the device and start it back up in normal operating mode.

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #25,416 of 42,765
is it normal that my mojo disconnects when i have it in my pocket?

As Daniel Craig's character, in the film 'Layer Cake', remarked: "...that's a very expansive question"

The short answer is obviously that 'no', it is not 'normal', but neither is it unexpected if you are placing pressure (even if it's only inadvertently) upon the cables/plugs/sockets.

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #25,417 of 42,765
The level is not adjustable when in the preset mode. Only after you power off the device and start it back up in normal operating mode.

Incorrect. Hold down three buttons on power up to preset 3Vrms. Press either volume button. That setting is remembered on next power up. Don't press anything and the 3Vrms setting is forgotten. If the volume setting is remember then the user inadvertently pressed a volume button in the 3Vrms preset mode.

Just tested this.

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #25,418 of 42,765
As Daniel Craig's character, in the film 'Layer Cake', remarked: "...that's a very expansive question"

The short answer is obviously that 'no', it is not 'normal', but neither is it unexpected if you are placing pressure (even if it's only inadvertently) upon the cables/plugs/sockets.

I think that is what happens, that due to pressure on the cable it looses connection. Maybe I need to get lucky finding a tight USB cable? Or should I send it back to Chord and see if they can give me a Mojo with tighter sockets?

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #25,419 of 42,765
Incorrect. Hold down three buttons on power up to preset 3Vrms. Press either volume button. That setting is remembered on next power up. Don't press anything and the 3Vrms setting is forgotten. If the volume setting is remember then the user inadvertently pressed a volume button in the 3Vrms preset mode.

Just tested this.

You're correct, I'm mistaken. Apologies.

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #25,420 of 42,765
  1. you have inadvertantly pressed one of the balls, and adjusted the output voltage
  2. more likely is the natural tolerance in the led colours, plus the natural tolerance in peoples eyesight. Several posters have mentioned such discrepancies, purple to one person is pink to another, or blue to one person is a lighter blue to another person. So nothing to worry about, just try and remember which colours suit your LO needs.

Thanks Miketise for the time you took to answer my question :thumbsup_tone1:
And yes, as you said implicitly the best safety it is always in your (i.e. mine) mind.

Out of the specific question, I've found my own best combo with Mojo on blue-blue and Fostex HP-V1 rig.
Even RHA-T10 sound detailed without all of that intrusive bass and with delicious mids and treble. Go figure :wink:

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #25,421 of 42,765

I think that is what happens, that due to pressure on the cable it looses connection. Maybe I need to get lucky finding a tight USB cable? Or should I send it back to Chord and see if they can give me a Mojo with tighter sockets?

Chord produce a cable-pack that includes a basic 'hollow' module, that reduces the possibility of stress being exerted on the plugs/sockets.

Getting (specifically) back to Mojo, I realise most people know how the recently-released 'basic' module (inc. cable pack) relates to the cable and to Mojo, but for those of you unsure, here is a pic:

Thanks to Edd for the pic.

Please understand that I'm not trying to imply that you must buy another Chord product in order to get Mojo to function reliably. I am simply saying that Chord cannot control how much stress people apply to Mojos sockets, and using the basic module is one way both customers and Chord can ensure any such stresses are minimised.

However, you may do as you wish.

If you prefer not to obtain a module, then you may find some plugs fit a little tighter than others, but, fundamentally, no matter what cable you use, you will still need to ensure that stress is not applied to the plugs/sockets whilst your stack is in your bag or pocket. If you can't find a way to ensure that, then you may not experience a 100% reliable connection.

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/24300#post_12942830

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #25,422 of 42,765

Chord produce a cable-pack that includes a basic 'hollow' module, that reduces the possibility of stress being exerted on the plugs/sockets.

Please understand that I'm not trying to imply that you must buy another Chord product in order to get Mojo to function reliably. I am simply saying that Chord cannot control how much stress people apply to Mojos sockets, and using the basic module is one way both customers and Chord can ensure any such stresses are minimised.

However, you may do as you wish.

If you prefer not to obtain a module, then you may find some plugs fit a little tighter than others, but, fundamentally, no matter what cable you use, you will still need to ensure that stress is not applied to the plugs/sockets whilst your stack is in your bag or pocket. If you can't find a way to ensure that, then you may not experience a 100% reliable connection.

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/24300#post_12942830

Thanks, I suppose I'll check out the cable pack then.

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #25,423 of 42,765
I was just thinking about getting a Sony Walkman as a transport (and player on its own occasionally). Then I figured Sony Walkmans probably don't have bit-perfect playback, even through USB out.

I guess finding a Walkman that is bit-prefect is going to be time demanding. I was only thinking of one of the lower end models like A25, A15: which ever holds a good sized SD-card.

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #25,424 of 42,765
Anyone know if I'm going to store the Mojo for a while (say a month), will the battery slowly drain? Should I store it fully charged or partially?

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #25,425 of 42,765
  I was just thinking about getting a Sony Walkman as a transport (and player on its own occasionally). Then I figured Sony Walkmans probably don't have bit-perfect playback, even through USB out.

I guess finding a Walkman that is bit-prefect is going to be time demanding. I was only thinking of one of the lower end models like A25, A15: which ever holds a good sized SD-card.

I'm thinking along the same lines... I'm thinking I should just get a cheap small android phone and run UAPP on it on bit-perfect mode strapped to the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back