Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 5, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #25,217 of 42,788
Hi guys, just curious, is there any audible difference between 16 and 24 bit audio? I currently stream tidal hifi, is the difference between 16 bit and 24 going to be easily noticeable? I dont know where or how I would listen to 2r bit audio?

Cheers

Impossible. 24 bit is basically just used to get more headroom during recording and mixing. 16 bit already has a 96dB signal to noise ratio.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #25,219 of 42,788
  Lavricable is NOT working with Mojo, iPhone 6S+, iOS 10.2 (14C5062e) version of the software. 

I just sent mine back to Lavricable.  It is very expensive and the $30 to update it seems reasonable.  They responded immediately via email and I have mine already in transit to them.  

I look forward to getting the tiny cable back. 

My wife is enjoying her Mojo from amazon. uk, day and night.  I forget what her voice sounds like!  

Now to see about the kids and Mojo Christmas....

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #25,220 of 42,788
Have you (or anyone) paired Mojo with Ether Flow?
Now I am using Mojo with Ety ER-4PT and HD600 and I would like to complete it with planar technology in Ether Flow price range.
Any other alternative to Ether Flow in planar space?

Mojo and ETHER Flow are fantastic.

Tonally different, but I prefer HiFiMAN Edition X for a planar in this general price range and you can pick up the original at a discount now that HEX v2 has been released. It's going for $1200-1400 at the sites I've looked at. A bonus is that HEX even sounds good straight out of a smartphone. Con is that Ether Flow most likely scales better.

I didn't find Mojo really lacking compared to driving the ETHER Flow from the 9W Liquid Gold or DAVE. Seriously, the Flow's aren't too much for the Mojo at all. Personal preference, well, as you well know, that's a completely individual choice. The HEX is easier to drive and cheaper though.

:wink_face:

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #25,221 of 42,788
I just sent mine back to Lavricable.  It is very expensive and the $30 to update it seems reasonable.  They responded immediately via email and I have mine already in transit to them.  

I look forward to getting the tiny cable back. 

My wife is enjoying her Mojo from amazon. uk, day and night.  I forget what her voice sounds like!  

Now to see about the kids and Mojo Christmas....

What update is done to Lavricable?
Mine has worked with other iOS versions so I still feel with another beta or update it will work again. This is how it was when I first got iOS 10.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #25,223 of 42,788
does the mojo work wit the m1 ?
how does it sound, how do they connect ??

thanks 

Yup, M1 connects via USB C to Micro USB OTG cable. Easy-peasy!

It sounds like Mojo, so read a review of two to get a sense of whether or not Mojo sound would appeal to you.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #25,225 of 42,788
can u plz post link of review !!!!

thanks a ton !

He means a review of the Mojo as that's what the pair will sound like. Lots of reviews of the Mojo on Head Fi and elsewhere.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #25,227 of 42,788
being that the mojo is so technically correct in about all aspects, is it common to find amps that bottleneck it's performance? if so, what are some that are known not to?

Nov 5, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #25,228 of 42,788
being that the mojo is so technically correct in about all aspects, is it common to find amps that bottleneck it's performance? if so, what are some that are known not to?

Objective performance perhaps. I still preferred the HD-650 from the Valhalla 2 out of the Mojo, but the Grado RS2e sounded better straight from the Mojo. But as I'm currently selling the Valhalla, it's not a big enough jump for me to justify keep it. So I'm selling some stuff to buy a better headphone (Elear). I suspect the Mojo will drive it well. If I still had my Torpedo III, I'd uneqivocally prefer that, but it boils down to personal preference. Driving straight out of the Mojo is the most "purist" approach.

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #25,230 of 42,788
Objective performance perhaps. I still preferred the HD-650 from the Valhalla 2 out of the Mojo, but the Grado RS2e sounded better straight from the Mojo. But as I'm currently selling the Valhalla, it's not a big enough jump for me to justify keep it. So I'm selling some stuff to buy a better headphone (Elear). I suspect the Mojo will drive it well. If I still had my Torpedo III, I'd uneqivocally prefer that, but it boils down to personal preference. Driving straight out of the Mojo is the most "purist" approach.

I get the more purist approach but plain and simply put, some headphone will need more power. Hopefully this simple oversight doesn't deter my original question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back