Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 9, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #21,076 of 42,765
hi sorry still assessing the mojo....for now at least I find very little diff between the iFi micro iDSD and mojo, to be frank
...again i'm no golden eared listener.
this said, I do hope to do more back to back on dragonfly red, iFi and mojo this week (then again i said that last week....:rolleyes: )

but i ''hate'' the dragonfly red 'cause it's so easy to use so is my lazy default go-to dac with its lightweight, plug and play attitude
...'tis a powerful little bugger, too: 
with most iems i'm only able to go from 4-12% max...sony 7520 cans 12-15%, more demanding senn 650s perhaps 25-35% max volume.

love the iFI micro and it's options
...use either DF red, or  iFI on their own or as dac to my MAD earplus HD tube amp
(can't believe i haven't listened to that since i got it back 1 mo ago with the HD upgrade...sheesh...my bad)

What is sound difference between mojo and DF red?

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #21,080 of 42,765
There is no
Could I initialize Mojo's own battery (full discharge to blinking red and recharge done twice) by simply putting it on unconnected with any source and headphone ?

Thanks in advance
There really is no need to initialise the battery you only need to charge it. lithium polymer type batteries have no battery memory.

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #21,082 of 42,765
There is no
There really is no need to initialise the battery you only need to charge it. lithium polymer type batteries have no battery memory.

While there is no chemistry memory with Lithium batteries there does need to be a calibration of the voltage meter from time to time. On this thread, a couple months ago, there were a few reports of users who have had poor battery performance and this was corrected when a full battery cycle was done. I'm not sure exactly how the implementation of the Lithium Polymer battery indicator is done in the Mojo, but it indeed seems to be helpful to do a battery cycle if the indicator shows poor performance.

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #21,083 of 42,765
I've been away from this thread for about 200 pages, have thete been any new cables for android or modules that address emi/rf and actually work? Also, any othet cool stuff?

Aug 10, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #21,084 of 42,765
I'm interested in buying the Dignis Case for the Mojo. If anyone has one in good condition and is planning on letting it go, please PM me..

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #21,085 of 42,765
Brand new Mojo owner here.  Traded out my ifi iDSD Micro.

Holy Crap, is this thing amazing!  I have never heard my music sound so realistic through my se846.  The bass is extremely realistic, the tonality is spot on.  Everyone is correct in their assessment that the mojo is very involving and detailed.  So Impressed! :)

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #21,086 of 42,765
Brand new Mojo owner here.  Traded out my ifi iDSD Micro.

Holy Crap, is this thing amazing!  I have never heard my music sound so realistic through my se846.  The bass is extremely realistic, the tonality is spot on.  Everyone is correct in their assessment that the mojo is very involving and detailed.  So Impressed! :)

What differences have you noticed compared to the Micro? I've actually been deciding between that and the Mojo.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #21,087 of 42,765
What differences have you noticed compared to the Micro? I've actually been deciding between that and the Mojo.

It was one of those demos where you plug in the new device and right away you know something is different.  Its not one of those auditions where you're struggling to find a difference.  That's always fun to me as it's an indication that I made a positive change.  The biggest thing I've noticed is the timbre.  The mojo has it nailed when compared to the iDSD micro.  The sound is more 3-dimensional, and within the soundstage there is more "room" for detail.  In other words, the mojo definitely has a little more resolving power.  The iDSD was good, but I never found myself reaching for it.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #21,088 of 42,765
It was one of those demos where you plug in the new device and right away you know something is different.  Its not one of those auditions where you're struggling to find a difference.  That's always fun to me as it's an indication that I made a positive change.  The biggest thing I've noticed is the timbre.  The mojo has it nailed when compared to the iDSD micro.  The sound is more 3-dimensional, and within the soundstage there is more "room" for detail.  In other words, the mojo definitely has a little more resolving power.  The iDSD was good, but I never found myself reaching for it.

Thanks. I think I know what you mean and you've given me even more reason to pull the trigger on the Mojo.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #21,089 of 42,765
Thanks. I think I know what you mean and you've given me even more reason to pull the trigger on the Mojo.

I'm not the most versed when it comes to describing these subtle changes.  I guess if I had to sum it all up in a catch phrase it would be the mojo just sounds more realistic.  Its subtle.  The iDSD is really good, but the mojo does it better for me.

I also started comparing the AK100ii.  Theres even more of a difference there.  The AK100ii sounds dark, murky, and less resolving than the mojo.  But thats ok, because the AK100ii only has to serve source duty.  Still waiting for a toslink to stack the two. 

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #21,090 of 42,765
I'm concerned about the condition of the serial number sticker on my mojo I received today.  As you can see in the pictures, its pretty wavy and originates from that lower left corner.  It continues to be wavy in the same orientation like someone either removed the sticker once before or at least attempted to.  The unit was purchased as new from gramophone off of amazon.  Gramophone confirmed they are an authorized dealer.  I'm considering returning the unit and buying elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back