Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 8, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #21,035 of 42,765
No problem! Btw are you located in the US? Sonic Electronix offers the Mojo for the same price as other retailers and free shipping but with an added bonus of a three year extended warranty. The Mojo has a one year warranty but three years would certainly bring more peace of mind.

I'm in Los Angeles.. about 25 miles from Sonic Elecontronix.  Good to know about the extended warranty!  I will most likely be purchasing from them.

Aug 8, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #21,037 of 42,765

I'm in Los Angeles.. about 25 miles from Sonic Elecontronix.  Good to know about the extended warranty!  I will most likely be purchasing from them.

Do they have a physical store? I believe everything ships out of their warehouse located at Louisville, KY. And yes, I highly recommend them as well. My Mojo was out of the 60 Day return window but started having some issues. I opened a RMA ticket and shipped it to them. After checking the product upon receipt, they authorized the replacement and the replacement unit is on its way back. I had to cover the shipping both ways though.

Aug 8, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #21,038 of 42,765

Do they have a physical store? I believe everything ships out of their warehouse located at Louisville, KY. And yes, I highly recommend them as well. My Mojo was out of the 60 Day return window but started having some issues. I opened a RMA ticket and shipped it to them. After checking the product upon receipt, they authorized the replacement and the replacement unit is on its way back. I had to cover the shipping both ways though.

It appears they do car installations on site (in Santa Clarita), but not sure if they have a showroom.  In either case, I would be ordering online from them... who wants to sit in notorious LA traffic? :)

Good to know that they take care of their customers.

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #21,039 of 42,765

What kind of issues was your Mojo having?

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #21,040 of 42,765
  What kind of issues was your Mojo having?

I have explained in these 2 posts:

An hour back I hooked my Mojo to my PC and hit Play and there was no output. I usually hear a very faint hiss through my IE80 when the Mojo is in ON state. I was not hearing this hiss and I was concerned. I tried it with all my devices (PC, Fiio X3ii, iPhone 6), and nothing changed. I restarted it a couple of times and that didn’t help either.  But I did not give up just yet because, every time I connected one of the devices and tried to play, the Power ball always lit up.

Then I tried something but I am not certain if that was what fixed the problem. I switched the device off and then started to press and hold down 2 buttons at a time for 5-10 seconds. First the Power & Volume +, then Power & Volume – and then Volume + & Volume -.

Then I turned the device back on and I heard that faint hiss on my IE80. Then I connected it to my PC and hit Play and it works fine now.

(http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/19935#post_12719302)

From the time I made this above post, I have had the same issue repeat itself a few times. Mojo powers ON, Receives the Signal (the Power ball lights up), but does not output any signal through headphone output. Not just the music, there is literally no output into my IEM, because I usually hear a faint hiss on my IE80 when I connect it to the Mojo.

I figured, this happens whenever the Mojo has not been powered on for more than a day (>36Hrs). So in order to get it to work again, I need to Press and Hold Down the Power Button + One of the Volume Buttons, while the Mojo is in the OFF state. The issue is regardless of the source (iPhone 6, PC, Mac, Fiio X3ii).

Anyways, I have contacted the retailer for a replacement. However, wanted to check with @Rob Watts and @Mojo ideas, if this procedure of pressing and holding the Power Button+Volume Button is a form of device reset.

(http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/20490#post_12748472)

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #21,041 of 42,765
Aug 8, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #21,042 of 42,765
Do the Mojo's normally come factory sealed or with some sort of tamper proof sticker on the box?

The box has a round tamperproof sticker. You can just see it on this pic (shiny silver, with Chord writing that delaminates the sticker if it is tampered with):

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #21,045 of 42,765
  is Mojo hot or not? answer by headfonia:

http://www.headfonia.com/review-chord-mojo-hot-or-not/

The reviewer wishes that the Mojo had a balanced output, but Rob Watts has explained on this thread that he did not add a balanced output, because the FPGA renders balanced outputs unnecessary.
Balanced outputs are normally needed, to compensate for some of the inherent problems, caused by designing DACs using ASIC technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back