Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 7, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #20,956 of 42,765
Buying second hand, I wonder if the warranty is transferable?

But I would want to give it a good wash to remove all signs of other peoples grubby paws.

But perhaps not quite like this!
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #20,957 of 42,765
Canali, I am using this cable at the moment. Only had it a few days but so far it is working well. No connection issues, can bend it enough to put Mojo behind phone, etc.
Sounds good to me and very small as compared to CCK, etc.
I too am interested in the new Mojo modules, however am not sure I will bother now if this lead stays as good as it has so far.
Bought from Lavricables on eBay.

Quote:
Time for testing! My initial thoughts are it looks well made, however I would prefer it maybe 25mm longer now I have it to look at! Lol. Will post later with my opinion.

To chord...2 weeks ago you'd mentioned the new module/extension was probably to be released in 1-2 weeks...any updates please?
Eagerly awaiting this (am sure i'm not the only one)...one less cable to use, more stable connection, what's not to love.

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #20,958 of 42,765
Hey there,

Don't want to start an argument, but I wanted to report back after testing the jitterbug on my Odroid C1+ and I have to say this time the improvements are real (used on the smartphone the improvement I heard were placebo, after all) even though it's not day and night.
Especially when music playing from my Riva Turbo x, the Soundstage improved noticeably, which also results in better separation of individual instruments...so I am happy with my 50 bug plastic piece :)

Since we are at it, did anyone try the Klipsch RP 160M driven by MOJO only?

Cheers

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #20,959 of 42,765
I am not having mojo and Hugo with me right now. so I was looking for something which could get me me close to mojo/Hugo sound without spending much. I tried Hq player on my laptop and upsampled to 192 khz for CD quality files using sinc filter. sound even from laptop was much cleaner this way but yes not exactly like Hugo or mojo but much much improved as compared to laptop sound without upsampling. I wonder has anybody fed upsampled output to mojo via hqplayer ?

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #20,960 of 42,765
I am not having mojo and Hugo with me right now. so I was looking for something which could get me me close to mojo/Hugo sound without spending much. I tried Hq player on my laptop and upsampled to 192 khz for CD quality files using sinc filter. sound even from laptop was much cleaner this way but yes not exactly like Hugo or mojo but much much improved as compared to laptop sound without upsampling. I wonder has anybody fed upsampled output to mojo via hqplayer ?

Probably the best of the rest is an AudioQuest DragonFly version; (Red or black; I dunno).

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #20,961 of 42,765
DF red is a great little unit (I have both)

and this Opus # 11 portable dac/amp/battery was just reviewed by Hawaiiboy with high praise.
(and he's had the mojo, iFi micro and other similar products...he touches upon them comparatively in this review)

..anyone else check it out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWlbReetZb8&ab_channel=TheBestBassHeadphonesare...

Quote:

Probably the best of the rest is an AudioQuest DragonFly version; (Red or black; I dunno).

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #20,962 of 42,765
After research upon more research, it seems that my combination of Phone (Galaxy S6) and music source (Spotify Offline) my not play well with the Mojo. Is this true? And if so, would using the Mojo strictly as an amp give any noticeable improvement over just the phone? I do intend to make use of the DAC but I haven't yet decided which direction to go with that (e.g. Switching to Tidal and using a custom player or moving to iOS or both).

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #20,963 of 42,765
After research upon more research, it seems that my combination of Phone (Galaxy S6) and music source (Spotify Offline) my not play well with the Mojo. Is this true? And if so, would using the Mojo strictly as an amp give any noticeable improvement over just the phone? I do intend to make use of the DAC but I haven't yet decided which direction to go with that (e.g. Switching to Tidal and using a custom player or moving to iOS or both).

You can't use the Mojo as an amp only. The dac is integrated with the amp so you have to have a digital signal feeding the Mojo for it to work. 

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #20,967 of 42,765
  Does it work well feeding straight into a power amp?

I sometimes (including today) feed the output from my Mojo, into the AV input on my Arcam Solo neo, and use that to drive my speakers at home.
This works perfectly well without any problems - but I will warn that upgraditis may make you start wondering if the mojo deserves a better amp for your next birthday or christmas. 
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #20,968 of 42,765
After research upon more research, it seems that my combination of Phone (Galaxy S6) and music source (Spotify Offline) my not play well with the Mojo. Is this true?

I haven't personally tried a Galaxy S6 with Mojo - I'm not certain if the S6 supports USB OTG.

According to the UAPP homepage, the S6 Edge does, but the S6 is unconfirmed, in their compatibility table.

There is some mention of it, earlier in this thread, which looks positive, but I don't know if it will run UAPP, and if it refuses to run UAPP, then the Android ROM will forcibly upsample everything to 24/192, which is definitely not the way to get the best SQ from Mojo

My Samsung Galaxy S6 works natively with Mojo Jojo.

Yep, and molests the bit rate for everything.

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #20,969 of 42,765
I have been testing Mojo and Hugo against iOS 10 beta builds on my iPhone 6s Plus as they have been released. With the iOS release getting close I am now seriously worried. I posted a while ago in the Hugo forum that after a while my music slowed down significantly and a chattering sound was overlaid on the music. With the latest beta my Mojo is also showing the same symptom. This happens with the iTunes music app, Tidal, FLAC player etc.

I have no such problems if instead I use my iPod 6 which is on iOS 9.3.4.

Can anyone else confirm problems with iOS 10 public betas or am I on my own here?

Ian

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #20,970 of 42,765
I haven't personally tried a Galaxy S6 with Mojo - I'm not certain if the S6 supports USB OTG.

According to the UAPP homepage, the S6 Edge does, but the S6 is unconfirmed, in their compatibility table.

There is some mention of it, earlier in this thread, which looks positive, but I don't know if it will run UAPP, and if it refuses to run UAPP, then the Android ROM will forcibly upsample everything to 24/192, which is definitely not the way to get the best SQ from Mojo

Thanks for this. I do believe the S6 supports OTG. My issue is that my music comes from Spotify which I've read doesn't always play nicely with external DAC's. I suppose one solution would be to move to Tidal streaming which I believe is supported by third party player apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back