Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 22, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #20,343 of 42,765
Isn't AISO the preferred choice as the Chord Windows driver has a more direct connection to the Mojo this way? Disclaimer, I don't run any audio through my Windows workstations, but from reading the forums this is what I've gathered.

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #20,345 of 42,765

I was hoping someone would tell me if that worked. I have a UBS 1.0 powered hub, but that Mojo does not work through that. If I recall correct my Meridian Explorer didn't either. I think it's because they need USB 2.0 to run; I think it's a bandwidth thing.

Hi @GreenBow,

Probably some good news. By pure casuality, at office this morning, I could try Mojo with an USB 3.0 mini hub. And it is working.
L3000.gif

Hereunder some pics.
Regards.

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #20,346 of 42,765
Jul 22, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #20,347 of 42,765
It's already enabled and JRiver still shows only ASIO without WASPI option.

Don't know why. I am able to choose mojo Wasapi with my Jriver running windows 10. Maybe try disabling all other audio devices except mojo (like realtek etc). I now use a Tidal with Roon and it's much better than jriver. If you can't get it to work, there are other options btw.

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #20,349 of 42,765
Sorry about being obtuse but we are still at least four months from showing working samples to the press so it's too early to show our hand at this stage, but as I've implied before I hope and think all of you will like what we've been beavering away at.

At least 4 months from showing samples, that means an empty space under the Christmas tree :frowning2:

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #20,350 of 42,765
Hey guys,

I understand that this is a massive thread and I am unsure if this has been discussed here in the past, but can anyone tell me how the Mojo matches up with the LCD-2F? I am reading and hearing a lot of uncertainty if the Mojo has enough juice to drive the LCD-2s adequately. 

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #20,351 of 42,765
Hey guys,

I understand that this is a massive thread and I am unsure if this has been discussed here in the past, but can anyone tell me how the Mojo matches up with the LCD-2F? I am reading and hearing a lot of uncertainty if the Mojo has enough juice to drive the LCD-2s adequately. 

It does, no problem. I'm replying to you in the LCD-2 thread now...... Gimme a minute. :wink_face:

My reply here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/509710/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread/8775#post_12739126

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #20,352 of 42,765
Sorry,not doubting but wondering...
Eager to learn.
Do you need more than 500mA in order to establish protocol communication ?
Unclear for me since Mojo is powered by a dedicated usb power input.
Sorry - Maybe I misread the original post that I quoted...

For powering the mojo, USB1 isn't enough, also - for playback, I also believe there are issues, and that it can only be USB2 that carries audio (can run driverless), or - USB3, albeit for the newer, higher bitrate files - a driver is required.

Sorry for confusion.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #20,353 of 42,765
Hi,
My two cents point of view:
- a fiber transport is imune to external interferences. Therefore almost no worries for running your cable.
- a fiber cable is sensitive to dust/dirtiness at extremities
- a fiber cable ia sensitive to small radius bending ( extreme bending).

That said it is more likely that those clicks may come from your DAB tuner if not source or streaming processes.

At which sample rate is mojo playing your DAB tuner?

Rgds.

DAB tuner streams at 48KHz. 

I need to try again n that station. Classical music allows us to turn up the volume without being blasted out. Thus we can hear quiet clicks. Major issue though if it's the Mojo. I just don't get it, because I have listened to Classic FM before and not noticed it. 

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #20,354 of 42,765
it's a power thing, USB 1 only puts out 500ma maximum, so not enough to fuel the mojo.

Sorry,not doubting but wondering...
Eager to learn.
Do you need more than 500mA in order to establish protocol communication ?
Unclear for me since Mojo is powered by a dedicated usb power input.

I made a post to answer this but it's not here. Maybe a mod deleted it.

I will try again though because I think it is relevant to the Mojo.

This is what the What Hi-Fi review of the Meridian Explorer says about requiring USB 2.0.

Quote, "
Furthermore, the Explorer employs USB audio class 2.0, which allows full native playback of high-resolution 192kHz sample rates. This is opposed to audio class 1.0 –as is found in the HRT microStreamer, for example – which limits the sample rate to 96kHz, with higher sample rates having to be downsampled."

Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/meridian/explorer-dac/review#q2iX4Kesd3TtEP32.99

The Mojo will still get a 5V signal on it's audio data line in, on a USB 1.0 hub.

It seems more likely that the issue is with bandwidth, as stated in the What Hi-Fi review of the Meridian Explorer.  

Anyway @Arpiben found it in the manual.

Quote from Arpiben's post. (Post 20297 on page 1354.)
" Nevertheless,that is the reason why Chord in Mojo's manual is writing the following:

Connect Mojo to the host computer, phone, or tablet by inserting a USB lead into any available USB
socket. To support high sample rates (96Khz and above) the USB socket on the computer must be USB
2.0 or above."

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #20,355 of 42,765

There is a group of people who use low noise PCs and run Linux system instead of Windows. They say they have modified the kernel of Linux extensively to simply things and the result is that the sound is much better than a Macbook. Have you guys heard of that and would you recommend that to Dave users?

Louis, do you know the name of the Linux distribution that they created? Every year thousands on new 'forks' of the linux distribution are created (many by students enthusiastic to improve their linux coding skills, and some by enthusiasts who need a tailored/improved version of linux for a specific need/activity), so some info regarding a distribution name, or project name, helps the search.

Your post has encouraged me to retrieve this bookmark to the AudioVisual Linux distribution that i spotted last year. I wondered if it was a better operating system than windows for music playback - but this distribution appeared focused on musicians and music producers, so i forgot about it. Today i read that the 2016 distribution is a complete revamp of last years version, so i will review the new user manual. 

http://www.bandshed.net/

This post does mention that because AVLinux is open source, it is possible for users to tailor the distribution for the needs of audiophiles.

http://bandshed.net/forum/index.php?topic=3608.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back