Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 9, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #19,711 of 42,765
Mojo is black-anodised aluminium, which I am sure you are familiar with - so, yes, it will get tiny micro-scratches, over time, and buying a case for it will undoubtedly protect it from those, but, in terms of overall ruggedness, the case is very strong, just like Hugos case:

Lol ... made my day for a chuckle... also love these, also because they give me some excuse to post a music video every now and then.:wink:

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #19,712 of 42,765
for other newbies to the mojo...about the white recharging light and 3 buttons blinking, all while recharging
all resolved as per email from chord....just thought i'd share.

1 so i receive my used mojo...in great condition.
doesn't need full 10 hr charging....hook it up to my laptop to charge so the white
recharging light comes on...then turn off after about 3 hrs, meaning it is now charged.

however.... a few days later i then plug it back into my laptop so again observe this
 (about to play some music) and i notice that the white light is now back on...and i think ...?
is it a misfunction of something, the battery being drained slowly.

so i email the nice folks at chord and get this reply which i wanted to share.
(am sure it's somewhere in this thread but i'ts now like 'Tolstoys's lengthy war and peace' comes to chord)

There is a minute amount of battery usage when the unit is turned off as it has to monitor the button states.
So it can be expected that it will need a small charge after not being used and off, this shouldn't be a problem
as it will be a few months before mojo looses all charge when switched off.

2 and then i also noticed the 3 buttons would flash quickly on and off when i would turn it or reset it on the table
say if it turned it over to look at it, while it was recharging.
their reply:
With regards to the 3 buttons flashing, this is not a problem when the unit is charging. 

**btw guys, i'm not screaming when i embolden, not trying to be rude
i know i'm not always pithy in my posts...so i just like central points to stand out so we can find them faster, is all.

still looking around for a nice case that will take both the ipod touch and mojo together.

Jul 9, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #19,716 of 42,765
The tank is great to commute to and from work, I prefer the Abrahams (sp) tank myself though.
wink.gif

@canali Are you enjoying your mojo? How do you compare it with the Sony pha 3? Sound wise, I know the size differences and usability.

sorry bud, i don't have a sony pha3....
instead i have the dragonfly red, iFi micro iDSD and Mad ear+ tube amp,
all of which i'll try this coming week alongside the mojo.
but my ears are not as refined as are many of you (i'm a neophyte)...so hopefully i'll hear some diffs.
still trying to find out what things to look for.

i went a little gungho buying things this last month (all slightly used but in great condition from fellow headfiers):
dragonfly red, jitterbug, chord mojo
...and just last week also purchased the trinity delta v2 and flc 8s...just had to hear 'em
...and how they stand up against my sony 7550 (hopefully the jvc spiral dots will help with the isolation).

ps guys:
i'm sorry to ask again, as some of you helpfully replied a few months ago, but i'm now ready to pull the trigger
on buying some flac cds (from pono or other)....

I have a windows laptop and ipod touch 6.
what are some of the better and easier to use programs to convert
flac files from windows to my ipod touch 6, all while keeping the fidelity the same?

thanks

Jul 9, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #19,717 of 42,765
If you're on Windows, xrecode does the job with good flexibility, but there are many such programs on the market:

http://xrecode.com/

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #19,719 of 42,765
Few questions for Mojo owners:

How long does it take to charge?

Is there anyway it can be charged and used at the same time?

How long does the battery normally last?

Many thanks in advance. Used it today with the Stax 007/006t and loved it.

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #19,720 of 42,765
Few questions for Mojo owners:

How long does it take to charge?

Is there anyway it can be charged and used at the same time?

How long does the battery normally last?

Many thanks in advance. Used it today with the Stax 007/006t and loved it.

Mojo generally takes 4-5hrs to charge - in rare circumstances, it may take up to 10hrs.

Yes, Mojo can be charged and used at the same time, although many people prefer to charge before using (and, if it's being used for the first time, it should be fully charged, until the white charging LED goes out, before trying to use it).

Battery duration varies depending on the impedance of the headphones/IEMs/CIEMs one is using, etc., but should generally be around 7-8 hrs, give-or-take.

As per the thread title, please also read post #3 - it contains lots of useful information on all-things-Mojo.

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #19,723 of 42,765
Actually, I typed that quickly, and should've been more clear - when I said Mojo can be charged and used at the same time, I meant that would do no harm.

To be more clear: although it will do no harm, Mojo may use marginally more power, during use, than it is likely to intake, for charging purposes. Because of this, the net effect of using may be that charging does not succeed, simultaneously.

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #19,725 of 42,765
  Guys im still no clearer as to what IEm to pair with my Mojo...EX1000 or AJG 3003i...i can get either for 400gbp. 

Unfortunately, no one can really tell you what to buy, definitively, because your personal tastes are your personal tastes.

We can talk of synergy, but that still doesn't completely decide what you will definitely like the sound of.

The best compromise, if you are unable to get a demo of your potential IEM choices, would be to ask in the dedicated threads, for each of those IEMs, to find out which may suit your tastes best, and then, when you have mostly made your decision, come back here and ask if anyone has checked the synergy of that IEM with Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back