Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 25, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #19,172 of 42,765
Back on-topic, I'm curious to know:  Who, here, uses Mojo actually in their jacket or jeans/pants/trouser pocket?
I do almost everyday. I also put the Mojo/phone in my Basketball shorts pocket.

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #19,173 of 42,765
I spent as much time with my nan n gramps when I was a young boy as I did with my mam. When my nan was cooking or cleaning she used to have all the motown hits playing also patsy cline and others etc her era was rock n roll when she a young girl in the disco's. Buddy holly etc. Then my mam used to constantly play classic love rock from the 80's and i grew up in the nineties. My music preferences span roughly 70 years. Recently got into pink floyd and hendrix aswell guitar legends like stevie ray vaughn etc. This mojo is rocking them out lol

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #19,176 of 42,765
My wife a serious handbag habit so I have to pimp Rob Watts to pay for it .......

...wait a minute....

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #19,177 of 42,765
Sounds awesome with my vintage ATH-EW9!

Q979dm6.jpg

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #19,180 of 42,765
But the most important thing is the sound!

ATH-EW9 have the most engaging female vocals I ever heard!
Its just sublime!

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #19,181 of 42,765
Jun 26, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #19,182 of 42,765
A battery power source in almost every case means perfectly clean power that is free from interference. U forget where I heard that from but battery is always better for pure quality.

It's not ideal in some cases where battery life diminishes.

I apologize for not being specific regarding my intended use-case, which is not to bypass the Mojo's battery for mains-power exclusively.

I would be interested in comparing the sound-quality applying my recently acquired LH Labs Revive which is a battery-powered power-cleaner, and re-clocker.

Since it is not possible, I suppose the point is moot.

Jun 26, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #19,183 of 42,765
Im a big kings of leon fan however a few months ago I listened to their album mechanical bull and didnt enjoy it. Well now I've hit play again on that album and im really enjoying it.

Chord mojo and Vibro labs Aria sounds really awesome guys. Anybody considering a new pair of IEM should look these up. They really do everything and every grnre so well so far!

Jun 26, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #19,184 of 42,765
Im a big kings of leon fan however a few months ago I listened to their album mechanical bull and didnt enjoy it. Well now I've hit play again on that album and im really enjoying it.

Chord mojo and Vibro labs Aria sounds really awesome guys. Anybody considering a new pair of IEM should look these up. They really do everything and every grnre so well so far!

hope we can get more reviews on this iem.....tons of stuff coming out this yr..very competitive market.
thing is with these you can't really try 'em before you buy 'em...so cdn$800-1000 is no small 'leap of faith'
just like translucent, rhapsodio and the other major players: I'd soooo love to try 'em out before i pulled the trigger: esp at that price point
my local shop headphone bar doesn't carry them.

Jun 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #19,185 of 42,765
Ye I totally understand where your coming from. Well basically my position is that im a total joe bloggs but i do enjoy my music. Never listened to anything high end but had dabbled in upgrading my sound. I was looking into my first major audio purchase when somebody mentioned these to me. I read the review and contacted luke who creates these (genuinely cool guy to deal with) and couldn't resist.

He's actually doing a tour of the universal model in US. Another in the UK also. As far as I know I may be the only UK owner of these im not sure.

What I can say is that Aria with mojo is a seriously good sounding IEM across so many genres. Picture a slightly warm, LOW reaching bass that doesn't impede other frequencies. Mids and vocals are not in your face but natural presentation comes to mind. Highs are non offensive but sound really nice. I find vocals are rendered so well.

A song I really enjoy but find it very hard to get to sound good is the killers - when you were young. This pairing opens the song up alot in comparison to my other hardware, where it sounds congested per se, its an instant conceivable difference that made me think at last!

I believe they have a nice soundstage and imaging which mojo helps to bring out even further.

I have to say the difference the mojo and Aria combo have made to my listening experience is no small improvement. Easily two of the best purchases I've ever made.

I genuinely think it would take a fair amount of extra dollar to make it worth going any higher. Infact my only other purchase to make it worthwhile will either be a zeus or an andromeda, both of which cost a fair bit more than the Aria.

Check out the tour!

PS these are the views of just a very happy customer of both products

Users who are viewing this thread

Back