Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 15, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #18,751 of 42,765
I just got a Mojo a few weeks ago, I'm using it primarily with my Galaxy S7 and I also have problems with interference. I bought the cheap micro usb OTG cable that everyone seems to be using, I added a ferrite bead and it helps but doesn't eliminate the interference. It's especially bad at work where I have a poor signal; in that situation, I either put the phone in airplane mode with wifi on or connect to my PC and stream one of the audiophile radio sites.

Now that I have the source, I have to move on to the tougher decision which is which new IEMs I will go with... there are so many more options now than when I bought my last pair (Earsonic SM3's about maybe 6 years ago...). FLC8S, Campfire Orion, Earsonic Velvet, Fidue Sirius... I hardly knkow where to begin and wish I had the chance to demo some of these. Anyone have any suggestions for IEMs that pair well with the Mojo in the sub $1k range?

gary

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #18,752 of 42,765
I just got a Mojo a few weeks ago, I'm using it primarily with my Galaxy S7 and I also have problems with interference. I bought the cheap micro usb OTG cable that everyone seems to be using, I added a ferrite bead and it helps but doesn't eliminate the interference. It's especially bad at work where I have a poor signal; in that situation, I either put the phone in airplane mode with wifi on or connect to my PC and stream one of the audiophile radio sites.

Now that I have the source, I have to move on to the tougher decision which is which new IEMs I will go with... there are so many more options now than when I bought my last pair (Earsonic SM3's about maybe 6 years ago...). FLC8S, Campfire Orion, Earsonic Velvet, Fidue Sirius... I hardly knkow where to begin and wish I had the chance to demo some of these. Anyone have any suggestions for IEMs that pair well with the Mojo in the sub $1k range?

gary
Use two phones. One for mojo in airplane mode. Zero issues. Other phone as phone.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #18,753 of 42,765
so i know the mojo has no problem with source jitter but how would one "clean" the signal from a PC without needing those fancy reclockers and such? mojo does not have galvantic isolation from what i have read.

Does Schiit wyrd reclock?

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #18,754 of 42,765
so i know the mojo has no problem with source jitter but how would one "clean" the signal from a PC without needing those fancy reclockers and such? mojo does not have galvantic isolation from what i have read.

Does Schiit wyrd reclock?

i use iusb from ifi

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #18,758 of 42,765
yep two phones, mojo, back pack, four basketballs, 12 cones, walk 1 hour, take 6 trains, 3 diffetent schools, two buses, 6 days a week.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #18,759 of 42,765
Jun 16, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #18,762 of 42,765
Jun 16, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #18,763 of 42,765
my mojo only last for 6 hours, playing mostly flac and mp3 files, it's normal?
and the charging time is 5 hours (from what I've read it's normal charging time is 5 hours)

thx

There have been a couple reports where the same thing happened and a full drain and charge cycle seemed to fix the issue.

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #18,765 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back