Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 12, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #17,491 of 42,765
dt880 600ohm sounds extremely dynamic and open with mojo. by  nature dt880 is bright for many if not paired well but with mojo it becomes a reference system on a budget. i enjoy music but the combo works wonders with movies. i use j river to watch movies on laptop via mojo's asio driver and frankly speaking i never thought of ht system while watching movies through this combo. dt880 places the sound stage in front of you unlike closed back headphones. even with 600ohm  version i rarely need to go beyond blue color for volume. in fact even with low volume dts mixes i have never crossed purple, mojo is so powerful.

May 12, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #17,492 of 42,765
Great. I was planning on trying the same too. I just gotta wait for a root for my note 4 6.0.1.

Interestingly, on my LG G3 also on 6.0.1, when the mojo is connected and I use spotify it stays red.

As an android noobie, how would one go about doing this hack? Would you simply open the file in a text editor and save it again with the same filename?  Even if it's 44100, wouldn't it still be going through the DAC chip instead of avoiding it all together?

May 12, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #17,493 of 42,765
Using my Mojo with the following and I am nothing but thrilled with it. System: Mac Pro, Audirvana 2.0. AIFF Files, Schiit Wyrd Hub, Mojo and for the purpose of this post. Senn HD25. 

I bought the new Audioquest Red DAC and whilst its an improvement on my iPhone, the Mojo is in another league. Ok, I expected this, but the gap is much greater than I anticipated. 

I own the Hugo as well but I for one am so pleased Chord released the Mojo which in my opinion could have had an extra 30% on the price tag. It's a stunning DAC and when you factor in the cost, it's great people can have the opportunity of getting what is, in my humble opinion 90% of Hugo performance for much less outlay. 

I will be selling the Audioquest, I was hoping to keep it as its very small and convenient. I will give it more time but the Mojo is simply too far ahead. Prior to Mojo I was thinking of getting the Hugo TT and using the AQ DAC for on the move but this won't be happening. 

May 12, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #17,495 of 42,765
I got tired of waiting for the official Chord Mojo case and got the Dignis case.  I received it yesterday and I am ecstatic!  It is gorgeous, understated, and very protective.

For anyone who is a fan of finely designed cases, you can't go wrong with Dignis.

May 12, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #17,496 of 42,765
  I got tired of waiting for the official Chord Mojo case and got the Dignis case.  I received it yesterday and I am ecstatic!  It is gorgeous, understated, and very protective.

For anyone who is a fan of finely designed cases, you can't go wrong with Dignis.

Where did you get it from?

I was waiting for the one from chord ($95 
rolleyes.gif
) but when it finally came out, I find that I like the dignis better.

May 12, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #17,497 of 42,765
Update:  restarting the iPhone did not catch the cable. 

Restarting it while holding down the center button did!  

thank you for the recommendation.  I've let Lavricable know.  They had responded quickly and were helpful.  

May 12, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #17,500 of 42,765
As an android noobie, how would one go about doing this hack? Would you simply open the file in a text editor and save it again with the same filename?  Even if it's 44100, wouldn't it still be going through the DAC chip instead of avoiding it all together?

Any decent android file explorer app should be able to open the audio policy file as a text file. But first I would copy the file so that you have a backup. Then make your edits and reboot and test.

Disclaimer: I don't write code and I don't know how android actually uses the audio policy file. I will however be trying this myself soon.

May 12, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #17,501 of 42,765
I got it from dignisdesign.com . It was expensive when you added in shipping - it came to about $92. 

May 12, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #17,502 of 42,765

I believe it may be possible to hardcode the usb output sample rate on Android. On my rooted Nexus 5 running 6.0.1, there is a file under /system/etc/ called audio_policy.conf that contains various sample rate settings. One looks like this:

usb  {
    outputs  {
        usb_device  {
            sampling_rates dynamic

Other entries have "sampling_rate 44100", so I'm thinking if one were to change the word "dynamic" to "44100", we might get hardcoded 44100 output to the Mojo. I don't actually have a Mojo to test this on yet, but maybe someone with a rooted (preferably Nexus because it should match this config) Android phone can give this a shot. I will try this when I pick up my own Mojo in a couple weeks.

This has got me considering a 2nd hand iPhone 6/6s
For those that know me, they would know that is a drastic step for me to ever consider. It's just a shame that more developers Google have taken this step with Android.

Would be good if a DEV could work on something similar to what you have brought to our attention here.

blink.gif

I wonder if it could be so simple as editing this via ADB?  
L3000.gif

May 12, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #17,503 of 42,765
It's been quite a while for me but I am pretty sure Viper4Android allows resampling of audio before it's output, doesn't it? I could have sworn I had it resampling everything to 48khz for instance. But again it's been months and I have no android here to test with for you guys.

May 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #17,504 of 42,765
This has got me considering a 2nd hand iPhone 6/6s

For those that know me, they would know that is a drastic step for me to ever consider. It's just a shame that more developers Google have taken this step with Android.

Would be good if a DEV could work on something similar to what you have brought to our attention here.

:blink:  

I wonder if it could be so simple as editing this via ADB?  :L3000:

If you are seriously considering an iDevice, may I recommend the 128GB iPod Touch 6th generation.

May 12, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #17,505 of 42,765
It's been quite a while for me but I am pretty sure Viper4Android allows resampling of audio before it's output, doesn't it? I could have sworn I had it resampling everything to 48khz for instance. But again it's been months and I have no android here to test with for you guys.

I recently installed it and found no option for resampling. I may have missed it. Also V4A is kind of a pain to get working reliably in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back